Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i really don't see how this can work any better than the other remake/reboot products that come out of hollywood. could be different but i'm not holding my breath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Was the deal with the convenience store ever explained?
It's especially confusing even by lynch standards because he rewrote the scene on the fly so he could get through it without the set lights blowing. I've seen the shooting script online, you can probably still find it

Also a lot of the surreal elements in TP and FWWM were lifted from a project called Ronnie Rocket that he used as filler

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
James is a good character, f the haters

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I'm glad Joan chens character died in the series because her whole storyline in the second season was awful

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Also that whole Ben Horne madness thing, god the second season had so much trash

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

every character in this show was insufferable
to some extent they were meant to be because the writers set out to make a parody of soap opera cliches. unfortunately when you repeat jokes (e.g. Leland was crazy, but now Ben is crazy, and without the emotional aspect of a distraught father) they're not funny

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
sucks that michael anderson went nuts over pay negotiations, where else did he think he was gonna find the work?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh well at least showtime was able to scrounge up cash for 2 has-been 90s musicians. lynch has to have his good luck charms

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Professor Shark posted:

I really liked Twin Peaks and decided that Lynch was cool back when I was 21 so then I picked up a copy of Eraserhead and and hour later literally threw it in the garbage haha
eraserhead is good

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
welp i'm not watching the show but from the reports coming in i get the impression that lynch isn't going for fan service and is trashing the whole "quirky little town" aspect of the original, c/d?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

SPACE HOMOS posted:

This is Lynch's magnum opus and a big gently caress you to everyone who thought they were quirky for liking twin peaks.
well he still has to bring in ratings or showtime can pull the plug, i'm kinda worried about that now

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
don't touch that dial or the bogeyman will leap out of your loving TV and maul you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
The thing about foreverial tiedup Frank is that he loves being tiedup and wants to gently caress anything that moves with his permanent PBR and bourbon tongue and pass the virus to them that will fully velvetize their organs and insides so they end up being fully blue mummified, covered in permanent cloth skin just like him. Literally a baby, literally a baby and wanting to gently caress. Tiedup like a mummy, changed forever, to live fully velvetized and live wrapped like a mummy wearing a permanent nitrous oxide inhaler that cant be taken off. Foreverial tiedup Frank, blue mummified permanently and enjoying it. Fully wrapped in permanent cloth skin and fully velvetized and loving it.

• Locked thread