Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

This is Lynch's magnum opus and a big gently caress you to everyone who thought they were quirky for liking twin peaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Log Lady scenes made me sad because they were obviously filmed on her deathbed. :(

She died after filming.

RIP Catherine E. Coulson (Log Lady), Warren Frost (Dr. Hayward), Jack Nance (Pete Martell), Frank Silva (Bob), and Don S. Davis (Garland Briggs).

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 23, 2017

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Fire Walk With Me is not as bizarre as the new show but it is pretty important to the mythos of the red room / black lodge. Although I am not sure why Bob wants to possess Laura other than for that sweet canned corn (garmonbozia: pain and sorrow).

I think the new show is an amalgamation of a lot of Lynch's previous works.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The Dennis System posted:

Episode 4 sucks. A lot. Lynch and Frost have very bad senses of humor.

Nah

Kitsunegari posted:

HelllOOOOooo

Yah

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'm Bob/Cooper - ahem Booper's mad phone phreaking skills in the prison.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I enjoy Dougie and how Lynch thinks computers/phones/technology works.

MAN ON COMPUTER - A RED BOX APPEARS THEN AN EVIL MACHINE PRESENTS A PACKET!!!

GOOD OLE BOY SHERIFF USES COMPUTER BEEP BOP BOOP!!!!

Laura Dern is hamming it up, Ashley Judd still looking good for her age, and karate choppin Dougie.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

"The" Nine Inch Nails sucks.

The entire episode was someone told David Lynch about CG and how to gently caress with digital video in windows movie maker.

I laughed at the noises the lady in the car made during the "Gotta light?" part.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

It was pretty easy to see it was about the black lodge, but I enjoy that Bob is made from some CG throw up / creamcorn and Laura Palmer is a golden orb sent to earth.

The scenes with the tall man looked like 90s FMVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Nah, they are based on random characters in Fire Walk With Me.

David Lynch barely knows what a computer is so I doubt he has even seen either of those games. Unlike John Carpenter who plays video games and tweets about them.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread