Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Battle Bay is a game on iOS and Android by Rovio. It consists of 5v5 PVP fights in real time.

Early on, you will absolutely despise your teammates as they charge in alone to their deaths, or just sit AFK.

Current guild is GoonFleet. I'd recommend checking in if you're already in the guild so we can start clearing out randoms (because someone decided to go on a random invite spree :v:)

Random tips:
  • Hang onto duplicates of weapons you like. Upgrading a weapon from 10 to 11 (tier 2) requires a duplicate weapon of the same color.
  • Grey < Green < Blue < Purple < Yellow. You cannot upgrade gear from one color to another.
  • Inventory expansion is a decent investment because it will fill up pretty quickly, especially with weapon pieces.
  • Captain level is based entirely on training your crew, so be sure to always be training.
  • VIP Subscription isn't worth it. All it really does is speed up crew training by 20% and give you access to VIP chat, because Battle Rewards boost and daily shop refresh can be done via watching ads. Plus, it isn't even permanent. It is $10 a month.

Don't kick the following members:
-Donincognito
-Francofish
-Farticus
-Flying Spaghetti
-GiantHornbill81
-AmorousAnt
-MasterRoach
-MisterNumberNine
-Crazedkid103
-Israc
-Stacker
-dimixtape
-WedgieSA
-patton1010
-Rysner

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
That's a fine OP. Especially the bit about duplicate weapons.

And consider playing medic if you're sometimes bad at shooting.

Then be the medic who is a good shot later in the game because you practiced. The game feels cludgy sometimes but if you have an eye for it you can figure out how to hit a player with a torpedo because they just stalled their ship. Then learn how to use the momentum from the waves. There are a lot of little neat details like that that make it pretty appealing for an IAP.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

I guess I'm the guild leader now?

Let me know if you want to join and I'll boot some of these randoms.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DontMindMe posted:

I guess I'm the guild leader now?

Let me know if you want to join and I'll boot some of these randoms.

I don't get the rando hate and I don't want to be chief of telling someone I need to see their SA uid in triplicate. Keep the good players who know to at least keep upgrading. If someone consistently has low performance we'll quietly let them go with a letter of un-achievement in their goon dossier.

If we somehow discover a great player who doesn't have an SA account I'll buy them one.

e: I was in the 700 club this morning and really been slipping so don't boot me, please and thank you just take a long term approach

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 22, 2017

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

syscall girl posted:

I don't get the rando hate and I don't want to be chief of telling someone I need to see their SA uid in triplicate. Keep the good players who know to at least keep upgrading. If someone consistently has low performance we'll quietly let them go with a letter of un-achievement in their goon dossier.

If we somehow discover a great player who doesn't have an SA account I'll buy them one.

e: I was in the 700 club this morning and really been slipping so don't boot me, please and thank you just take a long term approach

I'm just booting randoms if someone wants to join, since we're near max.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 22, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DontMindMe posted:

I'm just booting randoms if someone wants to join, since we're near max.

Oh sure, no problems with that. Legit requests should take priority.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Donincognito checking in so i dont get booted because im terrible at this game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Applied as Francofish

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Applied as Francofish

Gotcha.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Applied as Farticus

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Applied as Farticus

You're in

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Checking In, already in the guild as Flying Spaghetti

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Shooter with 2 standard cannons is awesome. You basically get to constantly fire. People have no idea how to deal with sustained damage.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shooter with 2 standard cannons is awesome. You basically get to constantly fire. People have no idea how to deal with sustained damage.

Amazing what you can strap on that boat.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Checking in, don't boot me and my buddy Mr number nine!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Roach posted:

Checking in, don't boot me and my buddy Mr number nine!

OP if you could make a note of this Mr number nine person it would be appreciated. I think you're in already Roach. Err, MasterRoach

And well MNN has 666 infamy we can't let this one go

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Confirming this. The combination of range/alpha/DPS is really good. I've also bounced between the sniper and blast, but honestly keep coming back to the double standard. Granted I'm slumming it in the 170 trophy range having started this morning, but my god is the playerbase seem to be really bad down there.

Edit: Also is there something else I can do with sugar? I've been maxed on it for a while with a few achievements and daily quests giving me another 30k.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Confirming this. The combination of range/alpha/DPS is really good. I've also bounced between the sniper and blast, but honestly keep coming back to the double standard. Granted I'm slumming it in the 170 trophy range having started this morning, but my god is the playerbase seem to be really bad down there.

Edit: Also is there something else I can do with sugar? I've been maxed on it for a while with a few achievements and daily quests giving me another 30k.

Just training crew and upgrading weapons from what I can recall.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 22, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You hit the pay wall. Buy pearls (don't do this until Rovio's CEO contacts me to negotiate a better deal)

Sugar and stars end up being useless if you play this game too much and probably fall into the category of "GO OUTSIDE"

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Applied as Crazedkid103. I've already nearly broken my phone several times by wanting to throw it across the room. Also, this playerbase might be worse than WoT.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Applied as Crazedkid103. I've already nearly broken my phone several times by wanting to throw it across the room. Also, this playerbase might be worse than WoT.

I suggest buying my used iPad mini. It's seen the walls a few times but is holding up surprisingly well.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
drat, not being level 10 sucks rear end. Everyone is in a Mk. 2 but me, with double my hp. It takes me 8-10 hits with a blast cannon to drop someone, while they can just cycle their 3 guns and drop me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

drat, not being level 10 sucks rear end. Everyone is in a Mk. 2 but me, with double my hp. It takes me 8-10 hits with a blast cannon to drop someone, while they can just cycle their 3 guns and drop me.

I just got a mk3 speeder, and let me tell you, its fun to unload with three cannons on someone.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Applied as Israc, am terrible (hovering around 400).

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Gaukler posted:

Added

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gaukler posted:

Doesn't matter what number you're on. Keep playing if you like the game, try to have fun. If you aren't having fun leave.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just checking in as Stacker so I don't get booted from the guild. Game seems fun so far, but I didn't realise it cost a weapon to evolve one so now I only have one cannon for my ship. Sad face.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Applied as dimixtape

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dimix posted:

Applied as dimixtape

Booted someone named thumbless buddha to open a slot for you.

They were on the bottom of the infamy list ehhhh it was a hard decision to make. :smugdon:

Thumbless, please post in the thread so we can find an opening for you.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Applied as WedgieSA but it looks like goonfleet is full!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Voodoo posted:

Just make sure to add me or one of the other horrible jerks as a friend and we'll get you in when someone inevitably loses interests and falls off the list.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I am patton1010 in game. Don't kick me.
Also, I will fleet anytime and I prefer to play a Fixer and spam aoe heals nonstop. So add me and let's Fleet up!

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Voodoo posted:

RIP _fakhrulfaris_

You're in now.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Applied as Rysner whenever there's a spot available.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Someone by the u/n of [NOOB]Hello2906 just put in a twitch.tv performance.

Not saying BUY ENGINES NOW and I've seen some fast little ninjas but the amount of time they survived some heavy hitters was hilarious.

Whole team, including my fat boring boat were all sunk and they were zipping around.

I guess maybe it's a level thing and I haven't gotten far enough in the game but I can make a fast fatty boat. This thing was off the charts.

Gonna friend this one and see if we can bring them in the fold.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I just got a shooter mk3 and I am running 1 uncommon cannon, 1 rare cannon and an uncommon sniper cannon, which is working really well. Im trying to settle down on a support loadout though, and right now im using a rare standard shield and a rare bandage. I dont know if this is working the best for me. Any suggestions? Should I swap back to an uncommon bandage so I can upgrade it more? I am running into an issue where I dont have enough parts to upgrade rares much.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

I just got a shooter mk3 and I am running 1 uncommon cannon, 1 rare cannon and an uncommon sniper cannon, which is working really well.

That's a good load of guns right dere and you can lead a few charges with that.

quote:

Im trying to settle down on a support loadout though, and right now im using a rare standard shield and a rare bandage. I dont know if this is working the best for me. Any suggestions? Should I swap back to an uncommon bandage so I can upgrade it more? I am running into an issue where I dont have enough parts to upgrade rares much.

You'll accrue the parts from recycling and the shop over time? Also, bandage and what else? Bandage lets you hang back which isn't the sexiest strategy but I guess it works sometimes. You contributing with pulse or the health box shooter as well?

I said it on the guild chat already but practice with the health box thingie and catching it before it hits the water. It looks cool anyways. Try to transition to hitting your teammates with it.

The sniper cannon works real good for shooting behind their backs for me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sorry, was talking about blue slots on a shooter, not a fixer. For fixer, I'm trying to save up enough to get to mk3, where I can do both crates and pulse

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to save up for a mk3 speeder

http://i.imgur.com/o4D1jIk.mp4

looks like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I played around with a mk2 speeder this morning and it was a hoot. Put an engine, two overboosts and your favorite gun on it and you can do a quick tour of the entire map (they're small maps) in under a minute. You'll see all of your fleet, all of the enemy's fleet and everyone will be mad jelly.

If you're a good shot you can maybe make this work. But honestly if you're that guy in TF2 with the sick hat and the bat that keeps wrecking heavies uh, don't play a game this casual?

I don't have the skills to make this work and went from ~950 infamy points to ~500 just farting around with one.

https://i.giphy.com/xSv72V6z2yLzq.mp4

Just got the mk3 ffffffff

• Locked thread