Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Reverand maynard posted:

of course its about race he shot an off duty police officer trying to help at a car wreck because he was black

I wouldn't weigh in unless you personally know either of the officers, because I do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You should tell the white cop that shooting a black guy that didn't need to be shot in 2017 will be seen as racist 100% of the time and given the way things have gone between white people and black people in the last several hundred years in the USA, he won't ever be able to talk his way out of it to the general public.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

tell the white cop he's supposed to shoot black thugs not black cops

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
No more dead cops!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Woof Blitzer posted:

I wouldn't weigh in unless you personally know either of the officers, because I do.

So weigh in? :shrug:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah if you're gonna tell me I can't weigh in then tell me how I'm wrong. tell me the real reason he shot the black cop then.

Maybe the white dude is just a trigger happy moron but you're an idiot if you think that given how the shooting played out as reported by the media that it would be perceived as anything other than "idiot white cop shoots black dude because he wants go home alive despite not being in any actual danger"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

TBeats posted:

You should tell the white cop that shooting a black guy that didn't need to be shot in 2017 will be seen as racist 100% of the time and given the way things have gone between white people and black people in the last several hundred years in the USA, he won't ever be able to talk his way out of it to the general public.

"Perception is reality"

Are you sure you aren't still in?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

"Perception is reality"

Are you sure you aren't still in?

go look at social media (or just about every post in this thread since i posted that tweet including the one literally right above yours) and tell me i'm wrong

and then kill yourself.

or put on blackface and rush a cop.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 24, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

actually, you should abduct a cop, put him in plainclothes and blackface, and then call the cops when he wakes up and tries to beat your rear end

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They're both good officers in an underfunded and unappreciated department. I share a gym with the entire department so I get to meet quite a few people.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

TBeats posted:

go look at social media and tell me i'm wrong

and then kill yourself.

or put on blackface and rush a cop.

Can I wear my regular face and rush a cop? Your social media feed isn't reality, Cole. It's an outage machine fueled by the loudest and dumbest trying* to understand things that bother them.

*try = screech, vote, screech some more.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

Can I wear my regular face and rush a cop? Your social media feed isn't reality, Cole. It's an outage machine fueled by the loudest and dumbest trying* to understand things that bother them.

*try = screech, vote, screech some more.

You are too stupid for words.

If you seriously don't think this will be seen as racist by the majority of people, then jesus christ. You are a goddamn idiot.

And given that I'm not the only person in this thread who thinks this, I appreciate your hard on for me. It means I get to you, and that's hilarious.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Well, one cop shooting another is something I can support.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

TBeats posted:

If you seriously don't think this will be seen as racist by the majority of people, then jesus christ. You are a goddamn idiot.

Actuallly, the majority of people won't see the race issue. He's a perfect example of privelege blindness. Idiot is debatable, but likely.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

Actuallly, the majority of people won't see the race issue. He's a perfect example of privelege blindness. Idiot is debatable, but likely.

Touche.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

So why don't you weigh in?

Why'd your one cop buddy shoot your other cop buddy?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

So why don't you weigh in?

Why'd your one cop buddy shoot your other cop buddy?

FIU and IAD will determine that, I'm not here to be armchair cop. Let the detectives do their jobs before jumping to conclusions.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

They're both good officers in an underfunded and unappreciated department. I share a gym with the entire department so I get to meet quite a few people.

Better question: Which of the three cops do you know in this scenario?

A: The cop who was shot.
B: The cop who shot a dude.
C: The cop who identified A as a cop before B shot A.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

FIU and IAD will determine that, I'm not here to be armchair cop. Let the detectives do their jobs before jumping to conclusions.

Then shut the gently caress up about others arm chair copping. Either be a part of the conversation, or gently caress off.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 25, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Woof Blitzer posted:

If there's one thing that facebook and the internet has taught me, it's that the more we think we know each other, the less we do. In other words, the world was a better place before we were exposed to every stupid horrible thought, political opinion and meme that passed through our friends' brains.

I guess what I'm saying is personal knowledge can be very misleading.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Christ we can't even properly debate awful topics in the thread that was literally created so we could properly debate awful topics.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Zeris posted:

Christ we can't even properly debate awful topics in the thread that was literally created so we could properly debate awful topics.

Is that what this thread is?

I thought it was just an alternate CE thread.

Whoops. Sorry woof, enjoy your 6 hours off.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Ehh I sent you a PM. I don't know what this thread is except for a drama release valve for topics that otherwise make CE unreadable.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If only that off-duty cop had his gun on him, this would not have happened.

The only thing that stops a bad cop with a gun is a good cop with a gun. 1

1: Lumet, S. (Director). (1973). Serpico [Motion picture on laser disc]. United States: Paramount Pictures release.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I'm an rear end, sorry Woof.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what does funding have to do with not shooting someone for standing up

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Not being able to go out dressed like tacticool Tony due to budget restrictions must be terrifying. The cops need (more) tanks and (more) plate carriers to have high enough self confidence to not blast everything (black) that moves.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

TBeats posted:

You are too stupid for words.

And given that I'm not the only person in this thread who thinks this, I appreciate your hard on for me. It means I get to you, and that's hilarious.

Oh you got me good. What a rascal.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

You could make the argument that the kind of people we'd like to have serving as police officers and military personnel mostly refuse to because the compensation (money, stable family life, etc) is not worth the sacrifices. Which leaves these careers open to racist assholes, window-licking morons, and a handful of people who deserve to be held up as shining examples because despite everything they still loving care, and they still loving try.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

bear with me on this thought experiment

the off duty officer was of african descent. his people are known to have more fast twitch muscle fibers than people of european descent. therefore, the movements of black people are often characterized as "explosive" by slow stupid white people. perhaps when he was told he could stand back up, he did so in such an "explosive" manner that one of the honky cops was startled so bad he reverted to his natural instinct of shoot all browns

v:shobon:v

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Godholio posted:

You could make the argument that the kind of people we'd like to have serving as police officers and military personnel mostly refuse to because the compensation (money, stable family life, etc) is not worth the sacrifices. Which leaves these careers open to racist assholes, window-licking morons, and a handful of people who deserve to be held up as shining examples because despite everything they still loving care, and they still loving try.

See also: Teachers, EMS, etc.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Gotta starve that beast tho

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We get what we pay for in most cases.

Honkyville, USA's cops have less education than my goddamned barber.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

true but the argument presumably that this incident was somehow different than the other time an unarmed black dude was shot by a cop, which lead me to assume that all the other incidents were from well funded ones???? I dont know!

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Uh, that's been two lawfully armed black dudes who didn't have guns in their hands shot by cops lately.

Unrelated

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like ban me or whatever but if you try to defend this as anything other than pure distilled police racism suck my dick you're a racist

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you cops are loving racist sick fucks and I dont know why i have to share a subforum with you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
C U spaze

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
fuuuck c u in spaze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man i'm really drunk so in case there was any ambiguity i'm trying to say gently caress you police dudes for defending any of this poo poo thin blue line poo poo.

ya''ll aint nothing but thugs that had a good record to get a badge and everyone knows youre poo poo and you use scare tactics and shoot people gently caress you

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

• Locked thread