Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
fyi the only reason people get sketchy with you guys is because of your paramilitary bullshit and heavy handedness so the more you keep doing that the more regular dudes are going to fight back and the more you murder people the more regular people are going to be willing to kill you!!!!!!!!!!!! its pretty simple, y'all making your job harder when you gun down obviously innocent people you loving retard hicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
B B BU T THEIR FUNDING HE WASNT AN ANGEL

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Y'all a bunch of loving brown shirt fascist fucks if you defend this poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I KNEW HITLER ON FACEBOOK HE SEEMED OK DONT JUDGE HIM

oh no i said an opinion on one of zeris's bros rip me

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
WOOP WOOP, "Sir, do you know you are over the shitposting limit for this zone"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i was a dumb rear end underfunded chemical nco (i'm only mentioning that since apparently funding and appreciation matters with regards to shooting black men) and also combat arms at some points but i just dont understand at what point "if i had more training i wouldn't have shot this guy for standing up" kicks in but idk i was just a dumb rear end SSG but its actually REALLY loving easy to not shoot people in my experience unless youre some kind of loving sociopath

like if your default is to shoot at a black man for standing up uhhh i dont think any amount of training is going to fix that. its incredibly easy to not shoot people

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if youre so loving tripped out us versus them poo poo then maybe you shouldnt be a cop because its not a loving war and if you keep up with that mindset that is why people hate you fyi

try not being a murder nazi jackboot thug and maybe people wont shoot at you as much fyi, you're making your bed and you're lying in it with all these incidents

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

like ban me or whatever but if you try to defend this as anything other than pure distilled police racism suck my dick you're a racist

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

you cops are loving racist sick fucks and I dont know why i have to share a subforum with you

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

man i'm really drunk so in case there was any ambiguity i'm trying to say gently caress you police dudes for defending any of this poo poo thin blue line poo poo.

ya''ll aint nothing but thugs that had a good record to get a badge and everyone knows youre poo poo and you use scare tactics and shoot people gently caress you

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Cop shoot cop video (graphic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiXtyVhCzLA

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
edit this poo poo made no sense but it boiled down to gently caress you police mother fuckers

if you fear for your lives you deserve it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

its incredibly easy to not shoot people

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
drunk rants go in the drunk thread. This place is for topical shitposts.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

GiP is dead

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeris posted:

:thunk:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

They don't pay me enough to make sense as often as you'd like

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

Just let go. It doesn't have to make sense. Goose fraba.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zeris posted:

he smelled like weed so i got scared

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

hey I looked at my pension statement today and it was fuckin amazing

:911:

smdftb you wedding bombing motherfuckers if you think I came to a dead gay comedy forum to have a serious debate about racism in America I tried that in 2005 and it didn't end well

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeris posted:

Just glad you made it home safe

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Trying to get this thread back on track for its original purpose - bad political debates using specious assumptions:

Let's say it could be empirically determined that a specific change in law enforcement processes (stricter ROE for example) would increase police deaths from intentional assault by 10% (so about 8 extra dead cops a year at current rates), but the number of people killed by law enforcement would experience a corresponding 10% drop (so about 100-130 non-cop lives saved). Should that process change be implemented?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We should go a step further and replace cops with drones that shoot tear gas and tazer darts

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Why not just take away all their toys?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
because bad guys have guns

so bad guys need to fight back against the bad guys with guns, with guns.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Trying to get this thread back on track for its original purpose - bad political debates using specious assumptions:

Let's say it could be empirically determined that a specific change in law enforcement processes (stricter ROE for example) would increase police deaths from intentional assault by 10% (so about 8 extra dead cops a year at current rates), but the number of people killed by law enforcement would experience a corresponding 10% drop (so about 100-130 non-cop lives saved). Should that process change be implemented?

The huge flaw in your premise is the assumption that everyone shot by the cops should not have been shot. (Also the assumption that everyone who dies in their interactions with the police dies from a deliberate use of force by the police.)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
ED-209

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
How about instead of cops not going to jail when they shoot people, cops go to jail when they shoot people.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The world wants headlines, not accountability.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Honestly, if we just made cops fill out paperwork justifying every time they drew a firearm those deaths would go way down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

like ban me or whatever but if you try to defend this as anything other than pure distilled police racism suck my dick you're a racist

This I tend to agree with, given the information available right now.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

you cops are loving racist sick fucks and I dont know why i have to share a subforum with you

This is where this forum pisses me off sometimes. I enjoy mocking and making GBS threads on each other as much as everyone else, but it seems like a lot of the anti-police poo poo isn't that. Better here than in the actual CE thread, though.

Larry Parrish posted:

We should go a step further and replace cops with drones that shoot tear gas and tazer darts

They blew the sniper up in Dallas with an explosive robot.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 25, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok some cops are cool I GUESS jeeze sorry

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Godholio posted:

This is where this forum pisses me off sometimes. I enjoy mocking and making GBS threads on each other as much as everyone else, but it seems like a lot of the anti-police poo poo isn't that. Better here than in the actual CE thread, though.

If police forces spent more effort to - or were at least perceived to - address legitimate criticisms about their use of force and racism, you wouldn't see that kind of backlash. But when they go out of their way to justify even the most questionable uses of force and collude with prosecutors to spike any investigations, it's much harder to extend the benefit of the doubt to any individual officer's motivations.

The top law enforcement official in the country has more or less directly said that accusations of racism or impropriety against police forces are nonsense, and he will be dropping any efforts to address them federally. Why should the rest of the population trust them?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There's a difference between "This system is hosed and needs to be rebuilt at every level" and "gently caress everyone in blue because they're all racist shitheads on a power trip."

I agree with #1. #2 is garbage.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i think it's a lot of column A and quite a bit of column B.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Replace all police weapons with Obrez Mosin Nagants.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

In trying to explain why a probation made sense I realize I'm getting trapped in a pointless maze of answers about what is a poo poo post vs a drunk post vs six posts in a row at 4am that say "gently caress you gently caress you" over and over again. Given that the point of thread is to catch drama overflow from the current events thread so that the neighbors aren't afraid to come over anymore, and given that there was no hard rule about any of this, I realize I was wrong to probate here. I'm sorry HCT.

That said, you PM'd me five times about a six hour probation given at 4am, you baby.

I will also admit that I literally talked with shim about this same scenario and clearly can't follow my own advice.

Shitpost away here, but it would be a drat shame if we lost a chance for semi-civil debate here because penis penis drunk vagina ahhh whatever who cares nothing matters

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I don't get why when one marine screws up, other marines go "that guy sucks" but every time a cop screws up, every cop goes HOW DARE YOU JUDGE, THAT WENT PERFECTLY.

This strategy of defend everything / blue well is being read by people as "cops genuinely to a man believe they are above the law" and shockingly that is not improving public perception.

If cops want to be treated like individuals with their own moral agency in light of on-tape incidents of bad cops being bad, then individual cops should separate themselves from the hivemind.

Meanwhile, until that happens

https://twitter.com/sbanypd/status/875813747310428162

gently caress every cop who lets this bullshit speak for them.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

In trying to explain why a probation made sense I realize I'm getting trapped in a pointless maze of answers about what is a poo poo post vs a drunk post vs six posts in a row at 4am that say "gently caress you gently caress you" over and over again. Given that the point of thread is to catch drama overflow from the current events thread so that the neighbors aren't afraid to come over anymore, and given that there was no hard rule about any of this, I realize I was wrong to probate here. I'm sorry HCT.

That said, you PM'd me five times about a six hour probation given at 4am, you baby.

I will also admit that I literally talked with shim about this same scenario and clearly can't follow my own advice.

Shitpost away here, but it would be a drat shame if we lost a chance for semi-civil debate here because penis penis drunk vagina ahhh whatever who cares nothing matters

nah you were right too probably

and like 3 of those pms were silly things anyhow ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i don't want cops treated like individuals when stuff like that happens, because continuing to treat them like individuals will continue the whole "this is just an isolated incident/not all cops" excuse that continues to get made, and will just keep the cycle going of cops shooting people regardless of race and getting away with it because "i was fearing for my life!"

• Locked thread