Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Institutional Racism Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Be Caucasian Like Attend A Selective Undergraduate College or University Haha

This but unironically.

~A gringo Mexican~

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

redneck nazgul posted:

i dont need zeris and shim telling me when i can love dudes and when i cant

*Looks at my rap sheet* Yeah...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Larry Parrish posted:

It was kind of surreal being a kid and having other Mexicans hating me for being a gringo and having gringos hate me for being Mexican

I really wish this didn't resonate with me so much.

:smith::hf::smith:

Had a white lady talk to me in broken, very Anglo accented Spanish when I worked at McDonald's in a rich neighborhood of Austin. She got upset when I apologized for not understanding and threatened to have me fired in English after I offered to get a Spanish speaking employee to help me understand the problem. :wtc:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MRC48B posted:

I disagree.

Many of them would have plenty of "fight".

But they would do it during the initial invasion, and get immediately dusted by Soviet air, artillery, and armor. Accomplishing nothing.

Yeah in the red Dawn insurgency, they'd be a big nuisance until they blew their load on the first sustained firefight and run dry.

Alternatively, they'd be too chicken poo poo to resist a big authoritarian government promising to wipe out their enemies, and would maybe even welcome it.

My personal guns are for marksmanship and underpants protection. Dying for a cause is hollow.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

milk milk lemonade posted:

I would flip on my neighbors and offer to kick doors in and send people to the gulags

I like being part of the winning team

poo poo with their records at Waco and Ruby ridge, they can't resist a single engagement with a big bad government.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Dude you're a weird one, and that's fine.

But try not to make suicide jokes that aren't even funny while tacked onto a fuckin' lame-rear end defense of cop hyperviolence being justified because "some criminal" said something inflammatory.

Like you remember when you were a powerless member of society, beholden to the whims of whoever happened to be appointed over you, and the only way you could exert power was through either insubordination or sarcasm and humor? Now imagine that any violence against you is justified because YOU MADE THAT CHOICE and your superiors are just trying to make it to the end of each day.

I get there are scumbag criminals who are rightly removed from society, but we need to make sure law enforcement is actually taking the high ground and not acting in such a way that were they not protected by law, they wouldn't be in jail.

If you're going to make a suicide joke at least make it sound like a joke to people.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

I know deathy is a marine

Oh gently caress I thought he was army because he had that SGT Chowdown Avatar

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think there's a wide gulf of difference between friends and family making backwards jokes about minorites they know, and calling for action against groups of people, and publishing lists of minorites publicly to grow of strangers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McNally posted:

Objection!
Sustained!
Overruled!
Sidebar!
Guilty!
Speculation!
Hearsay!
Bailiff!
Briefcase!
In my chambers!
Stop beavering the witness!

I rest my case.

Jury nullification!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think it's a complicated issue and it is going to require introspection on all sides.

The fears of those concerning themselves with federalism and protection are already centuries ago realized: the government already out guns it's citizenry. The fears of those who who oppose unrestricted gun ownership are also sadly realized by recent events, however, if we're willing to restrict one amendment, it would be troubling to imagine they could take other's away.

I think the reality is that most Americans would rather live with the terrible tragedy if it required no change on their part. I think that arguing the government who would take one right that enshrines tools of violence would take other rights is a logical fallacy. I think that good guys with guns don't stop as much violence as we would hope; and that the proliferation of guns has led to several troubling effects on our society, like police who are fearful of the communities they serve, and have led to more easily committed murders, suicides, and accidents.

Guns are not bad. They are a tool and are used to inflict violence upon a subject. Our society is based on egalitarian ideals of freedom and self determination, and people with guns have used them in service of defending those ideas, but many many more are using them to hurt and kill those around them.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Y'all are loving morons. slaves are a right granted by the loving Constitution idiots just because you don't want or need slaves you don't need to take everyone's. You guys keep trying to legislate away things you don't understand those aren't slaves they're indentured servants and sharecroppers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm for responsible slave ownership. I think there needs to be more restrictions on the types of slaves people have and we can't allow just anyone to go get a slave.

I say this as a slave owner.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I'm super confused.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niZpcdp2v34

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Down to the second drat

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Suck a duck vermis

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And militias were worthless in 1812. That's when we nationalized the armies and got rid of them.

:jerkbag:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Imagine being so vehement about guns that literally hundreds of thousands of excess deaths compared to other developed nations are a reasonable price to pay for a hobby and (with a handful of exceptions) abstract fantasies about resisting tyranny.

The ones with the fantasies voted for the tyrants.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Like literally the only reason I have guns is to protect myself from people with Molon Labe stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah, I'll never be an NRA member. I wish there was a more viable non-partisan/left leaning equivalent to the NRA that I could become a member of.

Redneck Revolt as well

• Locked thread