Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

And yet I don't give a gently caress. Should've spent decades in prison.

Whoever decided to give her a security clearance/didn't revoke hers should share a cell.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hillary as president would have been four years of Republicans passing things like hearing protection act and her being dumb enough to veto it. The current events thread would be completely unbearable. Gun control chat 24/7 with bi weekly bans getting tossed around.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Were united in our hatred of trump lol.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

As much as I would love easily access to suppressors a DC sniper scenario but with a suppress rifle would be a nightmare. Image a coordinated group taking potshots at civilians and/or cops in an urban environment where a suppressed rifle shot would be a lower volume than just the background noise of traffic

Now imagine that the year is 2021 and terrorists use suppressors in a sustained sniper terror campaign and democrats control the white house and congress.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 23, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Yeah I'm in favor of making suppressors easier for people to obtain by streamlining the process so that it doesn't take however many months to get your stamp from the ATF, but completely deregulating them would be incredibly dumb.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Maybe yall should stop cooking up wild theoretical situations to justify something. The biggest threat is always going to be a concealable small caliber pistol

yeah but that cat is already out of the bag.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Hey you loving idiots debating about legalizing guns, here's a brilliant idea: make murder illegal. Hmmm now what bitch

drat you're good

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

all the doomsday preppers and militia types always have this idea that its going to just be dudes with guns shooting it out but thats not going to be the scenarios that unfold at all. the cops could have wasted everyone involved in the bundy standoff with a single drone and they would have been completely ineffective.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

he was a great 80s 90s era republican yes but the current iteration o f republicans means "team up with russia (good) and crush liberals (bad)"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Of course it's automatically about race and poo poo. Please God, kill everyone.
of course its about race he shot an off duty police officer trying to help at a car wreck because he was black

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

tell the white cop he's supposed to shoot black thugs not black cops

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah if you're gonna tell me I can't weigh in then tell me how I'm wrong. tell me the real reason he shot the black cop then.

Maybe the white dude is just a trigger happy moron but you're an idiot if you think that given how the shooting played out as reported by the media that it would be perceived as anything other than "idiot white cop shoots black dude because he wants go home alive despite not being in any actual danger"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Chances are rising that one of these guys getting acquitted at trial will result in a riot.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wouldn't weigh in unless you personally know either of the officers, because I do.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

(Cole is from Florida and M_Gargantua was a pog)

lol ur a loving mortarman you don't get to call people out

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

whatever disease got to swamp donkey spread to vermis. we have to quarantine everyone in this thread

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the only good thing about the GOP getting their way and sending the US back to the golden age of the 1940s is I'll get to kill nazis instead of doxxing them

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

The real enemy is ourselves. Makes you think :thunk:

FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

vains posted:

I never said they were equivalent, you stupid bitch. It wasn't implied and it wasn't overtly stated. I neither implied nor overtly stated it because I don't think that voter suppression and gun control are related.

You could be replaced by a bot that just posts random liberal talking points in response to keywords and no one would know the difference.

calm down snowflake

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i think vains is triggered,

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

You would need to impliment a nation wide ID card to replace SSNs and have a 10 year period where you can use either one for voting.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

:shrug: It's their job to risk their lives to protect people.

Godholio posted:

Guess we're done here, folks.

Police regularly get away with what would be war crimes in Afghanistan so I don't know what you're trying to argue here. Cops should be in danger before they can shoot people, they shouldn't feel they're in danger before they shoot people.

we're talking about policing our own loving citizens for fucks sake are you actually arguing cops should shoot people the moment they feel threatened? There are ways to minimize risks taken by officers beyond shooting everyone before they can shoot me regardless of whether they have a gun or not.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

I don't think it's quite as often as you seem to think, but it's obviously a problem.

If any of these sort of incidents were committed by some sort of UN peace keeping force we would be seeing IRA type response to this poo poo. Instead its just cops, they get away with it, and we don't do a god drat thing. If some cop killed my wife like that I'd go extremely buck wild with a nail gun on his family.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Are you arguing in favor of cops shooting people or guys pulling guns from waistbands shooting people?

its not a binary choice

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

Seems weird to me that people in the military forum are outraged that armed agents of the state charged with making life or death decisions may get it wrong sometimes and kill the wrong people on the basis of imperfect knowledge, without any malice or having committed a crime.

oh my god are you loving retarded

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i want to become a cop just so i can legally kill some of the people in this thread

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

for a bitchmade fucker that was never actually in combat vv sure is a bloodthirsty internet hardass film major

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Warm up the thread.

1 in 1 million cops did a thing.

Clearly all cops are bad and good people can't become cops to fix the problem over time because then they would become cops and, by definition, be also bad.

SWAT icing a dude for answering the door seems to be incompetence instead of maliciousness (by the cop I mean). Right now without all the facts this seems to be a case of leadership failure by improperly training their swat members.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

See, here I believe that you are proving my point for me. First, just because it is illegal to bring in fire arms, specifically pistols, into to Chicago, isn't stopping people from doing so. Same with illegal drugs. What makes you think more laws will be the answer if people are already breaking them to bring in drugs and guns? Where there is demand, there will always be a supplier. Second, just because you make guns harder to purchase legally in the rest of the United States, doesn't mean that it is going to affect the number of guns, because people are going to bring them in anyway. Whether the drug cartels have a new product to smuggle in, or someone starts manufacturing them, the guns are going to come in. Not to mention the simple fact that we have so many guns in the country that simply stemming the tide now will likely do little or nothing to stop gun crime.

gun control at the state level is retarded because its easy to bypass. If gun control came from the national level you can't bypass it by going 45 minutes into a state over.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can we reset a bit because I have no idea what anyone is arguing anymore/.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the one good thing about guns in the US is you don't have uk eurotrash kids mobbing people for cellphones because they would get loving blasted in the US.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Between my dad and I we own four different shotguns, .22 rifle, three pistols, two deer rifles, a mini 14, plus some other stuff I'm forgetting. My grandfather owns a similar collection including lever actions, bolt action .410 shotgun, old revolver etc. if I was to inherit my dad and grandfathers collection I would probably have at least 20 guns.

Only four of those guns were bought this century. I'm for gun control but forcing me to sell off guns that have been in my family for over 50 years is retarded.

There are ways to tackle the problem of gun violence without infringing on rights. Tax the sale of all (possibly only just semi auto) firearms, waive some/all of the tax for people that have completed a gun safety course. Require proof of gun safe and restrict gun sales to 21 and over. All gun sales must go through a dealer. If an adult just keeps their guns under the bed and their piece of poo poo kid uses them to commit domestic terror, prosecute the parent as well. Have very rigorous courses for concealed carry that are reciprocal in all states and have them meet a national standard. Make sure people that want to concealed carry are aware of applicable laws and prosecute them when they break them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Also if you're into guns and want to keep them, you should probably be for some forms of gun control. Eventually someone is going to really up the ante and its going to involve multiple people and bombs, while democrats have control, and you're not going to like the results of it.

Its not going to happen though. I don't see Republicans in this climate doing anything that could be labeled gun control even if its just a campaign for gun safety and encouraging gun safes.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 20, 2018

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the lawnmower video guy loses a leg fyi

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah if they tell you to run over liberals in a false flag move after giving you a briefcase of green dollar bills signed by soros just say no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

it would be kinda funny if democrats took a page out of the republican playbook for dealing with abortion and just passed laws banning guns faster than the supreme court can over turn them.

• Locked thread