Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Going through her backstory, it's pretty clear that Manning's a person who's suffered quite a lot, and who definitely did not fit in, wherever they went. Social isolation, a long history of bullying, unstable family life, and simply being the last kind of person that would do well in the army, given the, uh, work culture you get there. They only managed to find a community on online message boards, and the tech scene, which lead then to wikileaks.

More than an act of protest, of cruelties viewed, I suspect the leaks were done for very personal reasons. Namely, anger at a society that she had been victimized by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

bi weekly bans getting tossed around.

i dont need zeris and shim telling me when i can love dudes and when i cant

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Someone who's eyes are wide open, finally.

We can call it "The Flynn Maneuver".

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So is Obama taking my guns or

Yes, but only if you own less than twenty, fifteen of which need to be bought straight from the manufacturer this quarter.

this message brought to you by the NRA and the campaign to protect gun manufacturer profits

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its a bit different when its resist the us government and potentially die a stupid death, or go back to your big macs and iphones vs resist a foreign invader and potentially die or go back to bread lines and crushing poverty

if a bunch of middle eastern rednecks managed to give the most powerful military ever known some problems, im sure our local stock could give some chinese conscripts a run for their money

pretty sure our chinese/russian overlords wont give a gently caress about winning our hearts and minds

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

the bombed out husk of america isn't worth anything to anyone. but how is that different than donald trumps america lmao! kind of a dumb scenario since neither country could get here in the first place.

thats not what my copy of the documentary red dawn says...

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Naked Bear posted:

Here's looking out for all you folks who hate clowns:

:golfclap:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/new_house_oversight_chairman_kills_off_committee_s_russia_investigation

What a surprise, Gowdy's a compromised shithead as well.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

actually, you should abduct a cop, put him in plainclothes and blackface, and then call the cops when he wakes up and tries to beat your rear end

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Woof Blitzer posted:

They're both good officers in an underfunded and unappreciated department. I share a gym with the entire department so I get to meet quite a few people.

Better question: Which of the three cops do you know in this scenario?

A: The cop who was shot.
B: The cop who shot a dude.
C: The cop who identified A as a cop before B shot A.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If only that off-duty cop had his gun on him, this would not have happened.

The only thing that stops a bad cop with a gun is a good cop with a gun. 1

1: Lumet, S. (Director). (1973). Serpico [Motion picture on laser disc]. United States: Paramount Pictures release.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Replace all police weapons with Obrez Mosin Nagants.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Generally people arrive at that conclusion after their mother dies and they're sentenced to death for randomly killing an Arab, and that last bit probably isn't going to happen in the current political climate.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zeris posted:

That face when you realize you've been a redshirt your entire career

I thought you made it past 2LT.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zeris posted:

Yeah well I didn't earn it. I was a loving O3 at 24. Time in service baby. My only contribution to the army besides donating to the Vaporize Browns Kickstarter Stretch Goal was not loving with enlisted when I could avoid it. They didn't argue when I dropped my refrad.

I only made it to E-5 because 35N points were at the bare minimum and major command-level company boards promote you for showing up. :hfive:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TBeats posted:

fister points were at like 150 when i was in. when i was at WLC i found out just what type of NCO you get when you have points at 150.

Had a guy at WLC fail out on drill and ceremony. I wish I was kidding.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Two Finger posted:

Just let me build my wall Zeris

but you live and work on a boat :confused:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

My money goes on the troops with no record of rape or abuse accusations, because they probably killed all the witnesses.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Bored As gently caress posted:

Because clearly we need to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands and get a broke brain, five second attention span orange piece of poo poo, because of the massive amount of voter fraud which amounted to a whopping 70 prosecution's one year

Pretty sure you got what you voted for there, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Someone please explain to McNally what a poop deck is.

• Locked thread