Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A thread for all that stupid stuff have fun!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't think you guys are taking this thread very seriously.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Reverand maynard posted:

Were united in our hatred of trump lol.

We beat passengers in our hatred of trump?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yessssss this thread is finally going places

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
just give in. let the D&D consume you. this is your safe space.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris posted:

Remember before guns when cities were the safest place to be but going out in the wilderness after dark was a death sentence

Fallout 4 is just a video game and Fred Flintstone's job was pretty dangerous, friend.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

Who wants to take bets on someone using one of those dewalt nail rifles to kill someone and the resulting call for nail-gun control legislation

I will fight to the death to protect my home with my nail gun because nail guns are just as bad as real guns.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Chicks want good dick.

You're all hosed. Or not hosed. Depending on how you look at it.

At they very least you're all a disappointment.

Still hosed though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I would like to move the couch and rearrange a bit but it's Monty's couch and his favorite spot and he likes to look out the window.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Idk. I don't take tongue in cheek remarks 100% serious like you do so.. maybe?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/878281121288540160

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
well there's kind of a precedent.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You should tell the white cop that shooting a black guy that didn't need to be shot in 2017 will be seen as racist 100% of the time and given the way things have gone between white people and black people in the last several hundred years in the USA, he won't ever be able to talk his way out of it to the general public.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

"Perception is reality"

Are you sure you aren't still in?

go look at social media (or just about every post in this thread since i posted that tweet including the one literally right above yours) and tell me i'm wrong

and then kill yourself.

or put on blackface and rush a cop.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 24, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

Can I wear my regular face and rush a cop? Your social media feed isn't reality, Cole. It's an outage machine fueled by the loudest and dumbest trying* to understand things that bother them.

*try = screech, vote, screech some more.

You are too stupid for words.

If you seriously don't think this will be seen as racist by the majority of people, then jesus christ. You are a goddamn idiot.

And given that I'm not the only person in this thread who thinks this, I appreciate your hard on for me. It means I get to you, and that's hilarious.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

Actuallly, the majority of people won't see the race issue. He's a perfect example of privelege blindness. Idiot is debatable, but likely.

Touche.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
because bad guys have guns

so bad guys need to fight back against the bad guys with guns, with guns.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i think it's a lot of column A and quite a bit of column B.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i don't want cops treated like individuals when stuff like that happens, because continuing to treat them like individuals will continue the whole "this is just an isolated incident/not all cops" excuse that continues to get made, and will just keep the cycle going of cops shooting people regardless of race and getting away with it because "i was fearing for my life!"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

Yeah, instead of holding individuals accountable for their behavior, we should definitely continue isolating and blaming all of them, and inciting further violence.

"accountable"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

A black off-duty cop tried to help stop a crime. Another officer shot him.

:discourse:

there are like 5 cops at that point at scene in addition to the shooter, how do you feel threatened enough to shoot at that situation

because nobody else was shooting him

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the cop who was on the other side of the vehicle with his hands looped through his vest should be fired since the danger was so obvious and he was standing there oblivious.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

It's unfortunate but why should the officer act contrary to what he believes is happening right in front of him?

because a man died for no reason... which is literally the only reason that needs to be given.

you're seriously writing it off as "whoops my bad" when someone died for no reason.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 26, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
*shoots and kills someone after completely misreading the situation*

"whoops, my bad. that's unfortunate!"

*not guilty*

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

That's a horrible standard. Do you apply this brilliant hindsight logic to all avoidable deaths everywhere?

"My doctor misdiagnosed my grandma based on the information available to him at the time, combined with her failure to comply with her prescribed medication, and now she's dead and that makes me sad so clearly he must be punished!"

...I mean, obviously, yes, that is probably exactly how your whole meth-addled clan of government-assisted Floridian dick-beaters susses out the whys and hows of tragedy. Jesus Christ.
you're an idiot and nobody in this thread is agreeing with you because nobody is as big an idiot as you.

if the doctor committed malpractice it would be an apt analogy. but instead, you're just an idiot.

think about it: you have such a low opinion of me, but there are more people agreeing with me than you. that should at the very least make you question your own opinion about the Castile shooting.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 26, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

But sure. There's no conceivable situation that merited a response resulting in Castile's death. The video proves it. And many people say so. So I'm convinced. The disturbing sights and sounds and the bad bad feelings can now be chalked up to racism, lack of training, and maybe even murderous intent. The world makes sense again. Thanks gang.

I'm glad you finally have come around.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

I don't know to what the last two posts are replying.

I suspect it isn't me.

As self-appointed facilitator of this discussion in Cole's lovely dumb thread, I am exercising squatter's rights and demand an explanation.

explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc8GzIRbf2w

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

Every cop debate thread degenerates to the point where it is indistinguishable from previous terrible cop debate threads

yeah but watching VV's fall into the abyss has made this one worth it.

plus this thread is quarantine to keep it out of the CE thread.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i wonder what would happen to the world if the entire internet went down for like... an hour.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawasaki Nun posted:

There's a definite lack of command and control in that situation. Was that young lady a Jason Borne style super agent? Or is the Portland police department staffed by the keystone cops?

Edit: why didn't they shoot at her?

i wonder what could have been different about the situation to get the cops to shoot her.

hmm.... :shrug:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
fister points were at like 150 when i was in. when i was at WLC i found out just what type of NCO you get when you have points at 150.

infantry points were like 580, which if you have a deployment and WLC you could pretty much sleepwalk your way to.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Force de Fappe posted:

I hope they find old gangsta pose pics of her and then acquit him by a groomed jury.

She was in her pajamas during the day while out in public.

That's as bad as white after Labor Day.

Deserved it imho.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

I can't quite identify what he had in his hand..

i havent watched it but based on comments it was a pistol mag

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
imagine if 100+ "good guys with guns" are at a concert.

if you're a psycho, you wouldn't even need a drum mag. just fire a few rounds into the sky and let them murder eachother for you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/danmericacnn/status/914878987628896256

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

At least for the only cool part of Illinois (Chicago) you're an hour or less from Wisconsin where you can store whatever cool guns you want so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Plus AR15s and what not are already illegal in Cook County anyway.

This post is a pretty good rebuttal to "BUT CHICAGO HAS THE TOUGHEST GUN LAWS!!!"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

I dunno, it's usually Indiana that gets singled out by Chicago for supplying crime guns. I rarely if ever have heard Wisconsin referenced in the same way.

It could be any place semi-local to Illinois and it still speaks to the exact same point that I was making.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think we are kind of talking past each other. I'm speaking strictly on the availability and ease of getting firearms in places with "strict" firearm legislation given the ability to go to hundreds of places within a relatively short distance to get firearms. It frustrates me that that fact is constantly overlooked when people talk about how gun violence is prevalent in places like Chicago even though there's strict legislation.

The "why" of the violence is a totally different subject.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

The only subject that matters, really. And the one that will never be meaningfully addressed.

I don't buy this as an excuse to ignore pushing for reasonable gun legislation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It isn't an excuse, but you're more likely to address root causes of crime(not that I bet that'll happen either) than to get some sort of success running head first into the 2nd Amendment and a judiciary that is rather favorable towards it.

It isn't a coincidence that the left got really big about blaming everything on guns when they sold out the poor and middle class amd helped turn income inequality up to 11.

I don't think it's an either/or situation.

I liken it to the opioid crisis. Opioids should be heavily regulated AND we should get to the root cause of the problem of addiction and abuse.

• Locked thread