Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

M_Gargantua posted:

I'd like to reiterate original point one.

Please stop shooting black people on suspicion

but my job is hard and stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah i wanted to say that I don't believe its an purposeful infiltration by some big conspiracy, just lots of individuals with uhh similar "ideals"

I don't think all cops or even most cops are bad people, but man I'd have to question how one could work with that poo poo and be silent or even stand up for them if they themselves are not at least somewhat sympathetic.

But hell I was in the Army so I saw that dumb poo poo all the time towards middle easterners so I guess I get it but I'd like to hold a LEO to a higher standard than an enlisted person but yeah

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

M_Gargantua posted:

Agreed. But bird food bathtub was specifically talking about conspiracy and infiltration.

To be fair to bird food I'm almost certain the FBI was investigating the infiltration, as in its a real concern probably in some localities, maybe a lot, but just off a hunch I think that would be a lot of good ol boy communities having independent infils over some broad coordinated national effort or something

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
maybe police should have to practice doing weekly 10 mile hikes in them just in case

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
banning sales is great and all but unless you do confiscation which would probably be a blood bath it wouldn't be that great until about 20 years until a 1911 costs 20k or something exorbitant like with the machine gun registry poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also i'm hardly a survivalist nutjob but if they start confiscating guns even that kinda sets my alarms off regarding the bill of rights and all

we kind of painted ourselves into a corner with that but if they want to do gun confiscation poo poo in a way that i'm not freaked out by it had better at least be an amendment or something otherwise thats huge precedent to loving other rights away but IDK i'm kinda drunk of course. if guns need to go away (which I'm quite alright with intrinsically) do it in a constitutionally sound way otherwise whats the point.

but then again its 2017 and trump is president i dont know why i care because anything about rule of law or governance is getting poo poo on anyway gently caress it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

Guns are more entrenched in society than free speech. Guns aren't going anywhere.

i mean i get that it was kind of my point.

i dont get why people say ban guns because unless you confiscate it's meaningless unless you're willing to wait out them being priced out due to rarity which would be on the magnitude of decades at least

unless they confiscate which would literally probably be the start of Civil War 2 poo poo. I cant say for sure which side I'd be on.

then people say "lol americans with shotguns wouldn't stand a chance against the us military" but then I look at afghanistan and iraq and uhh

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what does funding have to do with not shooting someone for standing up

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

You could make the argument that the kind of people we'd like to have serving as police officers and military personnel mostly refuse to because the compensation (money, stable family life, etc) is not worth the sacrifices. Which leaves these careers open to racist assholes, window-licking morons, and a handful of people who deserve to be held up as shining examples because despite everything they still loving care, and they still loving try.

true but the argument presumably that this incident was somehow different than the other time an unarmed black dude was shot by a cop, which lead me to assume that all the other incidents were from well funded ones???? I dont know!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like ban me or whatever but if you try to defend this as anything other than pure distilled police racism suck my dick you're a racist

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you cops are loving racist sick fucks and I dont know why i have to share a subforum with you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
C U spaze

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
fuuuck c u in spaze

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man i'm really drunk so in case there was any ambiguity i'm trying to say gently caress you police dudes for defending any of this poo poo thin blue line poo poo.

ya''ll aint nothing but thugs that had a good record to get a badge and everyone knows youre poo poo and you use scare tactics and shoot people gently caress you

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
fyi the only reason people get sketchy with you guys is because of your paramilitary bullshit and heavy handedness so the more you keep doing that the more regular dudes are going to fight back and the more you murder people the more regular people are going to be willing to kill you!!!!!!!!!!!! its pretty simple, y'all making your job harder when you gun down obviously innocent people you loving retard hicks

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
B B BU T THEIR FUNDING HE WASNT AN ANGEL

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Y'all a bunch of loving brown shirt fascist fucks if you defend this poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I KNEW HITLER ON FACEBOOK HE SEEMED OK DONT JUDGE HIM

oh no i said an opinion on one of zeris's bros rip me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i was a dumb rear end underfunded chemical nco (i'm only mentioning that since apparently funding and appreciation matters with regards to shooting black men) and also combat arms at some points but i just dont understand at what point "if i had more training i wouldn't have shot this guy for standing up" kicks in but idk i was just a dumb rear end SSG but its actually REALLY loving easy to not shoot people in my experience unless youre some kind of loving sociopath

like if your default is to shoot at a black man for standing up uhhh i dont think any amount of training is going to fix that. its incredibly easy to not shoot people

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if youre so loving tripped out us versus them poo poo then maybe you shouldnt be a cop because its not a loving war and if you keep up with that mindset that is why people hate you fyi

try not being a murder nazi jackboot thug and maybe people wont shoot at you as much fyi, you're making your bed and you're lying in it with all these incidents

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
edit this poo poo made no sense but it boiled down to gently caress you police mother fuckers

if you fear for your lives you deserve it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok some cops are cool I GUESS jeeze sorry

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

In trying to explain why a probation made sense I realize I'm getting trapped in a pointless maze of answers about what is a poo poo post vs a drunk post vs six posts in a row at 4am that say "gently caress you gently caress you" over and over again. Given that the point of thread is to catch drama overflow from the current events thread so that the neighbors aren't afraid to come over anymore, and given that there was no hard rule about any of this, I realize I was wrong to probate here. I'm sorry HCT.

That said, you PM'd me five times about a six hour probation given at 4am, you baby.

I will also admit that I literally talked with shim about this same scenario and clearly can't follow my own advice.

Shitpost away here, but it would be a drat shame if we lost a chance for semi-civil debate here because penis penis drunk vagina ahhh whatever who cares nothing matters

nah you were right too probably

and like 3 of those pms were silly things anyhow ;)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
but they're not being held accountable, it doesnt seem, aside from giving them some sweet paid vacation time

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

In what scenario is it defensible for a cop to stomp on someone?

apparently all scenarios at this point

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
edit durr you actually used it correctly for once, r/c/p HCT dang

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Woof Blitzer posted:

Let's see that profile boyo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh no, the world will end now

i loving wish, so i wouldn't have to see your posts

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

:whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
queue me up a good one mods

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread