Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its a bit different when its resist the us government and potentially die a stupid death, or go back to your big macs and iphones vs resist a foreign invader and potentially die or go back to bread lines and crushing poverty

if a bunch of middle eastern rednecks managed to give the most powerful military ever known some problems, im sure our local stock could give some chinese conscripts a run for their money

haha no way bro cause they cant run. just ride their freaking rascal scooters lmfao!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

pretty sure our chinese/russian overlords wont give a gently caress about winning our hearts and minds

the bombed out husk of america isn't worth anything to anyone. but how is that different than donald trumps america lmao! kind of a dumb scenario since neither country could get here in the first place.

vains
May 26, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

thats not what my copy of the documentary red dawn says...

idk man. its pretty hard to kill your way out of an insurgency. the ruskies and chicoms should just let the american health care system work its magic lol

vains
May 26, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

Vic V's heel turn from fun-loving art weirdo to authoritarian cop apologist is weird to see.

its all keyfabe bro

vains
May 26, 2004

thats not a knife

vains
May 26, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

said no cop ever, unless it was a gun.

well if it was a gun, it was an assault weapon

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I love how they demonstrated exactly why State Level firearms regs don't work, and why Federal Regs are required.

im like 99% certain that you cant legally buy a gun in state 'a' if you're not a resident of state 'a' unless the weapon is shipped to an ffl in the state where you are a resident. once the gun arrives in whatever state you're a resident of, it is still subject to the laws of that state.

i guess it might help to know a few gun laws before you start beating the gun control drum.

DoktorLoken posted:

I see what point you're trying to make, but I'd maintain that the violence we see in Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc. is the result of concentrated poverty, segregation, etc. as opposed to simple gun availability. Not that guns don't make it easier for violence to be deadly (they certainly do).

I live in Milwaukee and driving through the most impoverished neighborhoods is absolutely gut wrenching. We've got a huge segment of society that has basically been deliberately abandoned and whom most white Republican voters could give two shits about.

i think its fair to say that most voters don't give a poo poo about them.

vains
May 26, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

Voter ID laws are super mega racist as gently caress bullshit specifically and surgically designed to make voting as difficult as possible for anyone who wouldn't vote Republican, and justified by something that happens in like double digits across the entire country.

you could find and replace a few words in this post and it would sound like anti-gun control rhetoric lmao

vains
May 26, 2004

is there something wrong with being gay?

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, but he brought plenty with him too.

You're are real piece of poo poo for calling me a bigot. This isn't a joke. This isn't part of some posting strategy you think I've affected.

You're animate garbage; a golem of feces.

Please go back to D&D.

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

.....what the gently caress brought this about?

Got it. Voter suppression is the same as taking guns from poors :qq:

I never said they were equivalent, you stupid bitch. It wasn't implied and it wasn't overtly stated. I neither implied nor overtly stated it because I don't think that voter suppression and gun control are related.

You could be replaced by a bot that just posts random liberal talking points in response to keywords and no one would know the difference.

vains
May 26, 2004

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Right or wrong, you're an idiot and I would disagree with you out of spite, crybaby.

dude. you are literally the dumbest man alive.

vains
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Grow up, child. Maybe someday you'll be able to debate without turning into a flaming pile of ad homs and angry tantrums.

:golfclap: What a blow to him.

:ssh: Not the same, but hug your guns a little harder and tell yourself that. "Its me, I'm the victim!"

1-for the record, i didn't buy you a title change because that is the biggest bitchmade move there is. however, i don't disagree with the sentiment.

2-you called me a bigot in response to a joke about the similarities in rhetoric used. your first move is 'attack person directly'. you do realize that, right?

but, to be clear, you are garbage and cole is babyshit soft and a moron. neither opinions are related to the political positions held.

bird food bathtub posted:

So, the thing is, it is possible to do this if your intention is to help people. The GOP's specific goal is to gently caress poors and minorities over so you have to bake that into the assumptions you're making with this statement. They are not good faith actors.

If we set up a nation wide ID factions in America scream bloody loving murder, yell states rights, whip their followers up against it as "the mark of the beast", government over reach and the first step to tyranny and get the idea politically crushed. Guess who leads the charge against that fight, then turns around and makes those necessary for voting?

Yes it could be done quite simply, if the GOP didn't benefit hugely from turbo loving the entire process from start to finish.

Edit; as an example, my Pennsylvania State photo ID is no longer recognized on department of defense facilities because there wasn't even federal ID laws passed, there was only requirements for State IDs to meet so they were up to about 1980s technology. That didn't happen because states rights, mark of the beast, tyranny yadda yadda.

we have nationwide id in almost everything but name. as a citizen, you can't get a drivers license without a ssn(and 2 bills, a character witness and the moyle who performed your bris). it should be relatively uninvolved to just make a national ID, run it through state DMV offices, and provide some funding to make it all happen without loving over old people who dont drive.

but, i agree. i dont think that there can be any debate that the state level laws aren't about protecting the sanctity of the vote.

vains
May 26, 2004

McNally posted:

My favorite part of the escalation of force rules was that they had us throwing chemlights BEFORE we were allowed to shoot flares.

Because I can totally throw a chemlight farther than I can shoot a loving flare, right?

well a popup or 203 flare can kill someone and a chemlight probably wont in most circumstances. so...it sounds like your commander was so terrified that one of you was going to kill the wrong person and he might fry that he made it almost impossible for one of you to kill the wrong person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

1- lol at the people who want to throw out whatever bits of the bill of rights they dont personally agree with.

2-

Godholio posted:

Just :lol: if you ever believed the cover story that it was an accident. Notice how China didn't throw an utter shitfit? Yeah.

why did we bomb the chinese embassy then? did they have parts of that shot down f117 stored there? were they doing something we didnt want them doing?

• Locked thread