Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanisher

Plebian Parasite posted:

use Hidden Crab Technique: Can Splitting Gigatango on the trashcan

We don't have the village elders permission to use this technique

Manifisto posted:

poke a twig or bit of grass into that hole before going down there. there may be dinosaurs!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

IT'S A FRIEND! SAY HI IN CRAB SPEECH AND ASK TO COME INSIDE!

Manifisto

<:mad:> hey! claws off our twig!!

I mean . . .

:blush: how's . . . uh, hello mysterious stranger, that's a beautiful crevice you've got there

ty nesamdoom!

Scroon

Roll for charisma to see if we can charm the undertrash friend into joining our glorious crab army

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Pay the troll toll

Twenty Four

Get all down in that crab hole!

Darkman Fanpage

vanisher posted:

We don't have the village elders permission to use this technique

!!!!!

alnilam

"hello my future crabfriend, this is what i sound like"

They Might Be

clearly it needs those other three sticks for its crab square

vanisher

You snap your claws and give a friendly, although a bit formal, greeting to the crab in the hole. No reply is given, but this crab friend seems to beckoning you to join them

Manifisto

well I'm down, but I'm wondering about breath spray. is that . . . good or bad for a crab? are crabs expected to have stinky breath? is there maybe some rotting seaweed-scented breath spray that might enhance our charisma?

vanisher

You attempt the hole

It's pitch black except for what appears to be a small glowing flame some ways into the hole

vanisher

Twenty Four

Whats up buddies?

vanisher

The oldest crab begins to tell us a tale...

Twenty Four

Interesting, I didn't think most crabs had tails. Oh tale yay!

vanisher

once, long ago, a sea creature of immeasurable size washed ashore on this beach. It had no pincers. Instead it had long slimy appendages and a bulbous head. Our top crabologists studied the beast, but were unable to figure out how it lived, for it had no protective shell. It took every crab working together to drag the heavy carcass under this protective metal bunker. We have been using it as a food source, but with your gift, we think we have developed the ultimate crab weapon.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 24, 2017

Scroon

Gift? What gift?

Oh poo poo were we supposed to bring a gift for our kind hosts? Quick fashion something out of whatever we have in our inventory!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

once, long ago, a sea creature of immeasurable size washed ashore on this beach. It had no pincers. Instead it had long slimy appendages and a bulbous head. Our top crabologists studied the beast, but were unable to figure out how it lived, for it had no protective shell. It took every crab working together to drag the heavy carcass under this protective metal bunker. We have been using it as a food source, but with your gift, we think we have developed the ultimate crab weapon.

hmm, imgur link not working. which is a shame because I am very curious about this Lovecraftian development!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

hmm, imgur link not working. which is a shame because I am very curious about this Lovecraftian development!

I'm phone posting and dont normally image link! Tonight ill check from home. Here it is as an attachment

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Historical Wizards

Ask what sort of weapon could be fashioned out of that stick?

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Go and have a taste of that sweet ancient leviathan beast, so tender and slimy.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

vanisher

vanisher

pretty neat huh

Darkman Fanpage

the heck is that :stare:

vanisher

Dick Bastardly posted:

Go and have a taste of that sweet ancient leviathan beast, so tender and slimy.

the lone slimy sticky bit was the last we had. But do let us know if you see another one it was quite delicious

vanisher

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the heck is that :stare:

the beasts slimy skin had a unique suction power, so strong only our finest crab pincer warriors could break its seal. attempts to wield the tentacles with our pincers would be fraught with trouble, as the flesh would tear in our grasp. Using the tool you gave us gives us a handle to wield the appendage, granting he who holds the weapon a formidable advantage against virtually any crab adversary

Darkman Fanpage
use wepon on crab king. usurp the throne.

Scaly Haylie

use weapon to pull self up cylinder

alnilam

Lizard Wizard posted:

this, we need that steel drum!
but ask nicely first if we can borrow it

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

alnilam posted:

this, we need that steel drum!
but ask nicely first if we can borrow it

excellent plan

also we should hint that, at great expense and personal risk, we might be able to locate one or two more of the tool we provided

no promises mind you

vanisher

Darkman Fanpage posted:

use wepon on crab king. usurp the throne.

We ask to borrow it real quick for something not murder related

We could probably work out some kind of trade

Manifisto posted:

also we should hint that, at great expense and personal risk, we might be able to locate one or two more of the tool we provided

We hint that we have seen many such creatures in our time and may be able to bring back lots of food stores

You've seen some of these things? Would you train our crabologists in how to capture and defeat these creatures?

vanisher fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 24, 2017

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

We hint that we have seen many such creatures in our time and may be able to bring back lots of food stores

well I actually meant implying that we could locate more sticks, but this is fine, let's run with this

vanisher

You begin to explain that they live deep under water, and that they are predators, often hunting crabs for food. They are very tricky to kill and many crabs might be lost in such a battle, but you have seen carcasses underwater before and could perhaps bring back a sucker or two.

The crabologists are extremely impressed with your worldliness and knowledge

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

well I actually meant implying that we could locate more sticks, but this is fine, let's run with this

We could also gather a couple sticks you tell the crab guy

We would gladly trade our weapon for sticks

Manifisto

so hmm fellow crab adventure participants, we seem to have some options! they include:

(a) fetching some sticks to further impress our new friends
(b) taking that tentacle-on-a-stick and trying to scale the mysterious shiny cylinder to see what's inside
(c) starting to organize an expedition to hunt or scavenge a giant suckered sea creature

I'm down with (c) as a longer-term goal, but what about the others in the interim? maybe we should tell them we're gonna run out and try to get some more sticks, we'll return pretty soon, but we'd like to borrow the tentacle; and then maybe see how quickly-easily we can explore the slick metal object

alnilam

crab,

vanisher

The crab king has decided to make you a crabologist because of your worldliness and knowledge

vanisher

We step outside to gather some sticks because you know, the awesome sucker weapon is a good thing to have

Somehow all the sticks have dissapeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

curses!!! why oh why have you abandoned us, crab-god?

however, ulysses c. crab is nothing if not resourceful. there is a green and orange thing nearby that merits investigation.

• Locked thread