Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

truly the ulysses of crabs

Manifisto

ulysses c. crab surveys his kingdom. are there rivals, potential mates, scraps to be eaten? seagulls circling hungrily?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

build a pile of seashells and climb on top, this will improve our view and also make us look powerful to rivals and potential mates

if there are no seashells handy, ask the seagull to bring us some, there's a love

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

hooray!

there must be something nice we can do for the seagull in return

perhaps a calypso tune or two would be appreciated

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

The seagull, tired from gathering things, has gone to rest some ways away.

There appears to be a path of some kind, and a large cylindrical object some ways down the beach

well hel-loooo beautiful!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

We braved the sand and made our way to the object

having trouble scaling it's slick surface

posture angrily at it, maybe do a little dance of aggression

gently caress you slippery thing, you are not the boss of us!

Manifisto

poke a twig or bit of grass into that hole before going down there. there may be dinosaurs!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

<:mad:> hey! claws off our twig!!

I mean . . .

:blush: how's . . . uh, hello mysterious stranger, that's a beautiful crevice you've got there

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

well I'm down, but I'm wondering about breath spray. is that . . . good or bad for a crab? are crabs expected to have stinky breath? is there maybe some rotting seaweed-scented breath spray that might enhance our charisma?

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

once, long ago, a sea creature of immeasurable size washed ashore on this beach. It had no pincers. Instead it had long slimy appendages and a bulbous head. Our top crabologists studied the beast, but were unable to figure out how it lived, for it had no protective shell. It took every crab working together to drag the heavy carcass under this protective metal bunker. We have been using it as a food source, but with your gift, we think we have developed the ultimate crab weapon.

hmm, imgur link not working. which is a shame because I am very curious about this Lovecraftian development!

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

use weapon to pull self up cylinder

alnilam posted:

this, we need that steel drum!
but ask nicely first if we can borrow it

excellent plan

also we should hint that, at great expense and personal risk, we might be able to locate one or two more of the tool we provided

no promises mind you

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

We hint that we have seen many such creatures in our time and may be able to bring back lots of food stores

well I actually meant implying that we could locate more sticks, but this is fine, let's run with this

Manifisto

so hmm fellow crab adventure participants, we seem to have some options! they include:

(a) fetching some sticks to further impress our new friends
(b) taking that tentacle-on-a-stick and trying to scale the mysterious shiny cylinder to see what's inside
(c) starting to organize an expedition to hunt or scavenge a giant suckered sea creature

I'm down with (c) as a longer-term goal, but what about the others in the interim? maybe we should tell them we're gonna run out and try to get some more sticks, we'll return pretty soon, but we'd like to borrow the tentacle; and then maybe see how quickly-easily we can explore the slick metal object

Manifisto

curses!!! why oh why have you abandoned us, crab-god?

however, ulysses c. crab is nothing if not resourceful. there is a green and orange thing nearby that merits investigation.

Manifisto

oh poo poo, ezood! we've heard of this stuff, it is allegedly involved in mysterious rituals of the strange earth gods

these gods are dangerous and capricious, but could one be summoned and grant us something of value? or are we risking too much?

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

schnapping noises

lol

Manifisto

wow, our situation has progressed rapidly!

I think we need to look around a bit, take stock

keep an eyestalk out for exits in case a quick escape scuttle becomes necessary

Manifisto

we got drunk, we found love, this adventure is starting to shape up!

obviously large blunt metal thing is fascinating to us, someone said something about "waving around threateningly" and that sounds like our style

however it's not getting us any closer to waking dread cthulhu from his malevolent slumber in r'lyeh

so I'm gonna suggest we give the duck a goodbye kiss, and head for the hatch

Manifisto

Scroon posted:

That giant blunt object is critical

We must fulfill our destiny:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QaAKi0NFkA

lol

requesting crab version of :ese:

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

The uh... walls seem to be collapsing around us slowly

AAAAAAAAH

normally I would say let's pull a star wars and wedge the metal object somewhere that will prevent our getting crushed

but is there time to reach the exit?

Manifisto

good, good

Manifisto

Sham bam bamina! posted:

remove the stick from the tentacle, shove the knife handle in there for a sick double weapon

okay but don't lose the stick, our credibility with the crabmob rests on our stick-gathering abilities

I guess scuttling after the king would be pointless, he's moving too fast

Scroon posted:

We must camouflage ourselves to anti-crab forces don't spot us and hamper our noble quest!

Fashion CLEVER DISGUISE out of newspaper to blend in to our surroundings and scuttle undetected.

sure, blending in makes sense

there may be sticks in that jungle, it's true, but somehow I feel ulysses c. crab would be more drawn to the siren song of the sewer

Manifisto

my goodness we are prepared

I feel like we could do anything . . . even . . .

become a michelin starred chef!

crabatouille

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

holy lol

Manifisto

Sham bam bamina! posted:

take the employees-only door and mutely bluff your way through whatever happens

plan a

Scroon posted:

Use our disguise to get close to the guard duck and then we STRIKE

With a disarming compliment about how nice its feathers look. We'll sweet talk our way in.

plan b, we're the new guy(?) and we're really impressed by the organization and the person(?)nel

Manifisto

Scroon posted:

Take all the duck clothes from their lockers and throw them in the fountain

are you trying to get us killed??

sure, if we could find some liquid heat, we could pour some on the ducks' jocks, now THAT would be funny, but not very nice

presumably we can round ourselves up a duck guard uniform, if that's what we want

we can also find out the names of the ducks on duty today, always good to know who you're dealing with

but mostly I'm curious what sort of stuff is in those lockers. what does a duck carry with him/her day to day that they're not allowed to have on duty?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

thanks, I've been laying off the bread . . . you know, too carb-y. you're looking good too! have you been working out?

Manifisto

badge and hat: disguise

towel, belt, and soap: nonlethal missile weapon

ezood: bribe

if we found a broom, we could try to sort of sweep our way past the check point

"dont mind-a me, I'm just-a the janitor"

this is amazing, keep it up vanisher!

Manifisto

Munchables posted:

>chug ezood

don't get bribed on your own supplibed

Manifisto

sure, lower left path, I mean how bad could it be?

:ohdear:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Dick Bastardly posted:

Try furthest door.

yep that seems closest to where we want to go

I mean, assuming we want in to bird town

Manifisto

♫ smokin' in the ducks room ♫

part of me thinks we should take advantage of this time when they're all busy to sneak across the checkpoint

the crab in me wants to check out that dumpster, maybe we should try to come back when the ducks are gone? what riches might lie within?

but the (tiny) pragmatic part of the crab-brain thinks:

Twenty Four posted:

I guess maybe go up the stairs behind door number two?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Munchables posted:

>carve coin out of soap
>insert

Manifisto

woah serious update

lol

vanisher posted:

After careful examination it appears the coin slot isn't connected in any way to the binoculars and the ducks just used it on the honor system, so we just look through them having deposited our soap chip

hmmm what is nestco up to??? somehow I don't trust them, tricky birds

vanisher posted:

having done everything we can do here we do this

our crab eyes slowly adjust to the low light

There appears to be a crack in the bricks within the cell, some light is seeping through

our eyestalks should be superb for crack-peering purposes, let's see what is what

phallocentriloquist posted:

bitch rear end crab can't hold his liquor what a noob

it's true, we're a cheap date

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

struggling to move the heavy bricks... we're making a lot of noise

would the extinguished torch make a more efficient (and quieter) crack-widening implement?

Manifisto

well we're built to scuttle. scuttlin's what we do. losing the costume is a bit unfortunate though.

still, I'm very curious to discover nestco's potentially disturbing secrets

can we bring part of the duck costume along to act as sort of a parachute/wedge when we reach the other end of the tunnel, so we don't (say) get deposited into some sort of processing unit?

Manifisto

!!!

untold riches!!!

as, uh, far as the group of crabs we met are concerned, I guess

Manifisto

Sensual Simian posted:

nestco sounds...bad, almost as though it should be set ablaze.

rub the sticks together and burn Nestco to the dang ground. it is time for a new crab empire to arise from the ashes of nestco. the birdocrats have reigned for too long and their feathers shall provide powerful fuel for ushering in the crabocalypse.

rub them sticks and start a fire, baby.

ah, but our lost love was . . . well not a bird exactly, an image of a bird. but still. there may be at least something redeeming in birdkind. was it not a seagull who built the pile of shells that showed us the way at the beginning of our adventure?

I say, at a minimum we should find out what exactly nestco does with these sticks before we consider burning it down

on a more practical note, these sticks are precisely what crabville needs to build an arsenal of tentacle-pop weapons . . . are we so sure we'll be able to find more sticks??

now if we were outside of bird town and needed to get in, I might be in favor of building a trojan duck

that idea might still have some merit, but I think we need to look around a little before deciding what use to make of these sticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

apparently our destiny, perhaps, is to free the crab salves/slaves, arm them with sticks, and get everyone out of this joint alive

or not, as the case may be

• Locked thread