Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

The other thing to remember is that interest rates are rock bottom pretty much everywhere, so there's no money to be made in savings. The only thing to do with your money is stick it in the stock market or venture capital which is why there is so much money sloshing around in both while most people are flat loving broke.
oh so that's why stocks continue to go up with no visible signs of them ever going down again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there isn't going to be a tech crash or stock market crash any time soon

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Twitter should be socialized.
seconded

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Commerz posted:

Whilst US households own (directly and indirectly) close to 80% of their stock market (this is because pensions, unlike the chinese stock market), the distribution of stock ownership is highly concentrated toward the top 10% of income earners.
that last bit is why i don't think a stock market crash is happening here- those top 10% have too much to lose in an industry where money is just switching hands from rich person to rich person. granted, i have nothing to prove this other than my own paranoia, so feel free to dismiss me as a kook

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol if you think that any stock market anywhere is going to be equitable for anyone. it's funny to see tankies trip over themselves to defend chinese capitalism just because the ruling party has "communist" in its name

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only good permabanned lf guy was the person who's now known as lowenaffchen, everyone else sucked

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tekz posted:

the cancer has spread to toronto as well.
gotta nip that poo poo in the bud so that it doesn't spread. it didn't happen in san francisco and seattle, so those parasites are starting to leech portland dry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

they weren't gimmicks

• Locked thread