Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
China isn't going to magic up another stable economic system, nor would a move towards the renminbi as the reserve currency be of benefit to anyone but China.

China does not give a poo poo about anyone else but China, and by all accounts they've committed to a merger between modern capitalism and one-party rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

hey any of u dumb assholes talked about bretton woods itt yet
Im pegging my bretton woods to the petrodollar

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
There's a difference between worshippimg amerikkka, and just recognizing that China isn't going to save you, or the world, or China, or anyone else who isn't a ccp member/chinese business leader

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Commerz posted:

I was arguing that 50 years out from now it is possible. BRICS countries are going to be a very large part of the economy, and are already forming extensive rival governance institutions. I'm not really that interested in how posters here think that is ridiculous as many professional China scholars believe it is in the realm of possibility. Some of that is probably fueled by Trump hysteria and resent towards USGAY but it's not that outlandish to suggest rival China led institutions will become powerful. It's important to note that they're still developing and may be a less transactional partner in the future, while the US seems to be regressing into a shittier worse country and ally by the day.
The point of contention want that China wouldn't attempt to create other institutions, or that China may eclipse the US. It's that those institutions would be anything other than self-serving, or would represent an alternate economic order to the current one - rather, they're just going to be a continuation, with themselves being the beneficiaries of exploitation instead of the US.

See the South China Sea stuff for just how much respect China has for anyone else (none).

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Rip Alberta

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Our love is a bubble, ready to pop, dropping me dead like a stockbroker

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Housing is hosed because millennials can't afford housing, so they're delaying purchase

But the tech bubble + foreign capital keeps it gong in certain places, but neither can last forever

Tech will burst, and housing will die with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Bubbles are unpredictable by their nature, as soon as 'enough' people think it will pop, and act accordingly, then it pops, but you can't predict that ahead of time.

But my guess is: it'll start with the public failing of some high profile tech companies. That starts a run, some tech bros have to sell up or whatever, and it spreads from there.

But a pop isn't going to necessarily mean its a buyers market, far from it. The nature of econonic crises is that everyone is affected. In other words, don't think you'll get a home on the cheap, because you'll be finding yourself in money trouble as well. Millenials are, more than likely, never ever ever ever reaching the same level of home ownership as boomers. They and the next generation are going to be in poo poo, their entire life.

• Locked thread