Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's really more like bubbles are returning to their natural frequency in the absence of macroeconomic policies designed to prevent and mitigate them. If you look at the economic history of the 19th century, it was just a long string of market panics every decade. Sometimes recessions occured within a couple years of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

All China has to do long term to supplant the United States is be more responsible than us.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPgkDk1U42k

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Twitter should be socialized.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

:qq: < Typo shedding tears for poor gwai lo investors

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Commerz posted:

this thread is proof that American exceptionalism is alive and well

Actually I think you'll find that China lies about everything. Now if you'll just take a look at these AAA rated mortgage-backed securities...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Commerz has only been making relative arguments compared to Western markets. It's not like he's saying that the Chinese stock market is socialized.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The wealth of LF was its posters, the greatest of which were cruelly permabanned :rip:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mister magpie posted:

:allears: inform me on who you considered the "greatest"

why maggotmaster ofc

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Byolante posted:

is that the guy who pretended to be black for a free pair of jeans courtesy of LF

Maggotmaster was the Bolivian (Peruvian?) kid who got perma'd for posting a thread about assassinating Obama.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I still remember the Anime is Reality thread, and I've never been able to find it since.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

KaptainKrunk posted:

techno-utopians really are dumber than lieberals aren't they?

techno utopia at least has a vision for the future

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

IIRC the shortage in housing is artificial, because banks and other interests bought up properties after the crash and sat on them. That way they could use housing for rental incomes, and keep the price of houses already on the market from going down.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Typo posted:

idk about b and the s but insiders/government officials/rich ppl in the RIC are all sending their $$$ into the US/Canada/UK as fast as possible

Can't wait for that real estate bubble to pop.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

A process that seeks constant growth within a closed system is fundamentally insane, yet the entire world is dedicated to it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

OhFunny posted:

Thanks for the information.

After some thought that actually makes me 180 away from thinking we'll have another housing collapse. Since those at the most risk of mortgage default already went down in the last crash and are likely stuck renting now.

Stagnation seems more likely to me. As people cut back on other spending to pay for rent/loans/necessities. I see rent's rise is starting to slow.

If everybody in our generation quit trying to buy their own homes and moved back in with their parents, then the real estate bubble would burst and it'd be the most leftcom thing ever.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Canada is always 9 years behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Typo posted:

or always 9 years ahead

makes you think

or maybe America is just 9 years ahead of its time

• Locked thread