Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Commerz posted:

The Chinese system is plagued by huge SOEs, misguided intervention, crashes due to one sided reporting on OBOR, ect but it is way more egalitarian than the US market. Both systems are prone to collapse. Americans have nothing to be arrogant about.

edit: please respond with post-autistic economics only, i dont wanna hear some dumb rant about regulation causing distortion on muh free market

ah many of those huge SOEs are just not for profit pass through vehicles for infrastructure (energy, transportation) or are used to to develop raw material processing overseas to supply cheap commodities to domestic companies.

maybe 13% are a "problem" because of "debt" *

debt to itself and those debts are honored over a long rear end period of time because that's how national finance works

for example, the US is still carrying debt from WW2

as long as china retains a semi floating peg and capital controls on inflow and outflow it will be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

techno utopia at least has a vision for the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5YDCj-wiE

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

OhFunny posted:

The bubble that I notice forming is the sharp increase in housing prices due to low supply.

Houses have been selling fast, but it looks like (where I live at least) things are starting to hit a wall. A big problem being banks aren't lending unless you can put 20% down and not a lot of people have that kind of capital anymore.

Either supply is going to ramp up via construction and push prices down or houses are going sit unsold until their owners start lowering the price. Feels a bit like the reserve of the pre-2007 crash where now the problem is to few houses and not enough lending.

or maybe I'm off base completely and things are good :shrug:

what if i told you that the hedge funds that hold these houses do it to constrict the supply of housing because they can sit on it forever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2FzfhSrY0

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
bubbles are a giant pump and dump strategy

the point is to overheat the economy so it crashes

the people and institutions that make these bubbles make money on the upswing and then buy up assets on the downswing for pennies

the whole point is to create an environment ripe for corporate buyouts and privatizations

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Commerz posted:

there is no bubble in the US, it's hidden in London

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Not a Step posted:

If San Francisco burns in a fire or its own making the next bubble might actually be worth it.

but i live in San Francisco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Not a Step posted:

My deepest apologies. When the bubble bursts please do the honorable thing and set the fires yourself

im collecting passports so i don't end up like a drat fugee

i suggest you do the same

• Locked thread