Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

tacodaemon posted:

capitalism has a lot more stages to go after this one, wait til you see the one with the CEOs made of pure hydrogen cyanide gas

The next stage is tweets become the new monetary standard and Dril rules over all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Commerz posted:

I don't know if the individual guys were good but dumb threads where communist anime gimmicks argue about abstract political topics

That world still exists it's just on Twitter nowadays

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Al! posted:

the immortal machines who maintain our perfect society do so with only one goal in mind, to allow humanity to fugghettaboutit

man I would love a Culture book as seen through the lens of NYCguidovoice

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I mean silicon valley style transhumanism is the only reasonable extrapolation of the liberal world view

It's literally about turning capitalist growth into a religion with technocratic elites ruling over everything

It's an ideology for people who think they are above ideology

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol this is a thing you think aint happened

money is the lie that holds society together and tears it apart

whats an internal contradiction

That's my point

it's what happens when you take neoliberal ideology and rarefy it into a utopian future

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

utopian futures say more about the present than the future

get this...

thats... My point...

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

his king obama post was the best

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

lf was too good for this sinful cyberspace

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Looking forward to the Dyson sphere bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Typo posted:

after trump loses in 2020,

LMAO

• Locked thread