Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've been to a bunch of the US national parks and they're all insanely good. This is a thread to post pictures of them and talk about visits you've done. State parks and national monuments are also welcome. I did a road trip of the US a few years ago and I went to:

Carlsbad Caverns
The Rockies
Sequoia
Yosemite
Zion
Bryce Canyon
Crater Lake
Grand Canyon
Yellowstone

They're all cool as gently caress and I want to see the rest and they were all good for different reasons but I think Zion was my favourite I'm jewish it was a really cool valley and insanely hot and just good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a real long loving drive to get to the middle and it smells bad. Cool though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

brugroffil posted:

National Parks own, and Zion is a good #1 choice. Did you hike The Narrows at all? That one is in my Top 5 list, and we'll be back to do the whole thing from the top down on an overnight some day. I'm a little bummed out because we're not traveling to any awesome NP's this summer due to a baby on the way, but we did make it to the Grand Canyon back in April.

we did some hike that was basically 900ft of stairs in 40C weather at near 2.5km above sea level it was hard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we were driving through the national forest that is near badlands national park extremely low on petrol in the car just coasting down the mountain the road is cut through at a real panic we were going to be in the middle of nowhere with phone signal with no petrol but we were able to coast down the mountain until we found a petrol station in the middle of the national forest. It was cheaper than just outside vegas lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

carlsbad cavern is cool as hell and if you're willing to do a long as gently caress drive you can do what we did which is stay local and go there as soon as it opens and then drive to Roswell and then to amarillo to eat a big gently caress off steak

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i wanted to see a grizzly from the safety of the car but it was not to be.

The Salt lake is a really nice visit that redeems the poo poo city

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If you're in vegas pay for a helicopter ride into the grand canyon its really cool

Drive to the entrance of area 51 and take a photo of the sign telling you not to take a photo too

Jose has issued a correction as of 15:14 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I went to see devil's tower but the cloud was so low I couldn't see much

• Locked thread