Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

i did a big road trip last summer and hit 13 national parks / some random state parks, they were all great but my favorites were probably zion and glacier.

if you aren't too wigged out by heights, i highly recommend checking out the angels landing in zion:

you get to hike that whole ridge, you spend like 75% of the time holding onto big chains hammered into the rockface and there are some pretty hairy spots where giant clots of people build up because the path is so narrow. saw a california condor up there - i guess there are less than 30 of them in the state and that's one of the best places to get a chance at seeing one.

the narrows were also very cool, and also apparently dangerous, since three people twisted their ankles while i was there and had to get stretchered out. they were all old people though, so

gonna hit up some more this summer, i really want to get out to do some snorkeling at dry tortugas some day before it is all swallowed up by the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread