Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
big bend was absolutely serene

a giant loving caldera desert with a mountainous spire in the middle with another caldera in the spire, going all the way down to a bamboo forest on the rio grande

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
once i shift jobs in the company i should be able to more regularly take a few days off and i'm gonna start really hiking hxc to build up for the john muir jaunt, maybe a year or two down the road. preferably doing a short leg of it to get ready and make sure i got my backpacking kit together.

shorter term, i really really really want to go back to big bend and spend a week doing the santa elena canyon. it's only like a 2-3 day hike but i want to take a lot of time sitting around on rocks and doing/thinking absolutely nothing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bethamphetamine posted:

In a few months I'm going to visit relatives and be fairly close to Death Valley. Realistically, I'm only going to get a day or two free. If anybody can give me tips or suggestions on what to see, I'd appreciate it.

imo see death valley

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

LGD posted:

Moose were the thing that surprised me, you can generally extrapolate buffalo from cattle, but you don't really appreciate how big those fuckers are until you see them in person (also they apparently can and will gently caress you up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEhM2Byk7w&t=95s

• Locked thread