Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

GodFish posted:

one time my family was doing a short trail in some park up in canada and an adult grizzly walked out onto the trail like 15 feet behind us so we backed around the next corner slowly then ran away

that is my bear story

I had that happen (brown bear though) in the Grand Tetons, it's scary as hell.

you're like "oh what a cute little bear cub on the path ahead... gently caress gently caress gently caress BACK THE gently caress AWAY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Agean90 posted:

I found out that Germans at bizarrely obsessed with the American West and research every little thing about it and wind up with dangerously/hilariously incorrect info.

See this one German couple a co-worker took to Yellowstone who packed tazer in case of bears

like a third of the people I saw backpacking on that trail were German, it was sort of odd

lmao at the idea of tazing a bear though

GodFish posted:

more like in case of buffalo, we tried to get back in our car at Yellowstone and a herd of them walked through the parking lot for like half an hour, it was pretty cool but dam those things are big

Moose were the thing that surprised me, you can generally extrapolate buffalo from cattle, but you don't really appreciate how big those fuckers are until you see them in person (also they apparently can and will gently caress you up)

• Locked thread