Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Remember. Don't fight back against Islam. The bombings should be ignored. Go about life as usual. There is nothing wrong.

You want to act against it and thwart the attacks but at the same time downplay the ones that succeed so it makes the prospect less attractive. If blowing yourself up appears to do nothing, then it loses its attractiveness. The whole attraction is the fame, glory and recognition.

At the same time you have to somehow invest them in the current system, which is kind of hard if you're telling them they're all paki-scum pedophiles etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Pretty big jump, you're very quick to assume and also super wrong

Islamic extremism exists and is a huge problem. One of the biggest issues is that you can't tell who is an extremist by looking at them unless they're holding an AK and ululating while killing infidels

So we want to stop extremists from moving into our country. So how do we pick them out of a crowd?

If you're from the US, a lot of them are actually homegrown too which makes it harder. How do you know if Muhammad who's a computer programmer in Chicago and was born in Upstate New York is suddenly going to decide that his life blows and he needs to make a statement? It's the same issue with every other disaffected individual. White guys tend to load up their guns and go on a rampage at work, Muslim guys have a built in narrative for redemption and that's blowing up some infidels. gently caress, all it takes to become is a terrorist is to say the magic words "Allahu Ackbar" before you do something stupid. It's the "WORLDSTAR!" of the Muslim world.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

I have a solution. All you get out except for viking skull and Asians

He can Last of the Mohicans up in here all he wants.

I don't live in your country so I guess it worked out?

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
It's all like the 70s when the communists were actually blowing up poo poo. How do you tell if your neighbour is just left leaning or a 'red' who's going to betray the nation to the Soviet Union? Are they just rebellious teens or radical-leftists intent on destroying the system? A car blows up, a plane crashes, and we all wonder why western civilization is teetering on the edge of destruction.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Rasta_Al posted:

The new season of The Americans is really good. I don't know how they keep one upping themselves.

I hear next season they're bringing back the Germans.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I think we should build a city under the sea where only the best and brightest are allowed to live and where there is no religion.

Ten years in there are skirmishes between sectors A and B because they both think they're too good to live next to each other.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What if we built a wall around the middle east and made all the islam believers stay within the walls? They could even have Israel if they wanted.

How could we turn our back on those people who have not yet converted to Christianity?
But that land was promised to us!
Are you saying that we should ignore these markets just because of a few incidents?
If we don't establish ourselves as the dominant power, somebody else might!
That land was always part of our country. Look at this map from 1343...

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Those 22 women and child that are dead sure are winning.

More than I am. I'm still trapped on this dead gay earth.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
That's for the shia muslims. Because they kept getting massacred by Sunnis, their clergy came up with a clause that says you can keep your religion on the down low if it's going to get you killed.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Not really. It's right there in the holy book.

Sura 3:28:

"Let not the believers take the unbelievers for protectors rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully "

"meaning, except those believers who in some areas or times fear for their safety from the disbelievers. In this case, such believers are allowed to show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly, but never inwardly."

Yeah but the shias emphasize it more because it was a bigger problem for them because even in Muslim lands they could be under threat. The sunni take on it is largely that you shouldn't denounce your faith if its convenient, but if you're coerced or basically tortured into it, you won't be held accountable.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Not so fast guys about removing religion totally. Many of the atheistic governments and countries of the 20th century committed horrible acts of genocide.

The solution is to remove the people. If you want to see the enemy, look in the mirror.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

your friend a dog posted:

politically expedient excuse for large governments to excuse wars the people might otherwise not have wanted? not to mention, unlike the muslim holy book, the new testament does not anywhere call for the violent conquering and forced conversion of non believers

The Old Testament just prescribed eradicating non-believers from the lands you needed - but who reads that part of the Bible anyway?

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

New testament dog. Also the book of Mormon is God's latest attempt at solving humanity.

I read it. I'm just saying he's acting like the New Testament exists in a vacuum. Jesus might have said that the things he said were the new rules, but people frequently go back to the Old Testament when they need a reason for something. The two testaments even come in the same book after all.

I have no comment on the book of Mormon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretty sure the bible is a collection of books, letters, poems and stuff. I've never heard anyone who thought it was a single long rambling book.

Heck, the word bible means a collection of books.

It'd be the correct way to put it, but you're acting as if modern day Christians eschew the entirety of the Old Testament. It's outdated in relation to Jesus but at the same time it still influences Christianity and does find its way in the justification of things.

• Locked thread