Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
If there had been a hundred goons there, it would have been different. If we had ten goons there. One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Luxury Communism posted:

Hmm yes, people who want war between muslims and the West are playing into the hands of people who want war between the muslims and the West.

ya

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Dmitri-9 posted:

So what are countries supposed to do about these fifth column populations? North African immigrants lived in France for fifty years without incident and then by the second or third generation there were massive race riots and terrorist attacks. They claim to be mistreated by society but more people are clamoring to get in.

In this case there were reports of radical islam taking hold in Libyan communities far before anything happened, and to the Manchester police no less.

In general you do need to get to a point where there's a public trust between people not to blow each other up or run each over even though it's possible. I think that kind of thing should be extremely rare with 2nd or 3rd generation kids integrated into their birth country.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

For citizens born in that country, what other option is there? You can limit the spread of groups sympathetic to ISIS, and in this case it seems that would have been enough. The bomber had heavy ties to people who were protesting anti-ISIS sermons at his mosque. He had ties to people who fought with al-qaeda against Gaddafi.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

It's kinda funny that certain people get really upset with the concept of free speech when it comes to political opinions they disagree with but those same people will absolutely support violent rhetoric coming from themselves and other factions that they're trying to support.

This is what stood out to me, you have the Manchester police on Twitter making chilling statements like they're investing someone for saying "something must be done", making arrests for "sectatian language" on trains, and yet admitting support of ISIS and terror bombing is free speech? What the gently caress, Britain?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Also btw gutting access to healthcare will kill far more people than a hundred flashy bombs going off, that doesn't stimulate the toddler-like fear centers in your brain though because you are incapable of foresight. 50,000 people a year, you dumb fucks, which is also about as many people who die because baby boomers decide not to get flu vaccines before they hold babies and visit nursing homes

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Zo posted:

you're so stupid lol. different groups of people care about different things. and guess what? poverty and healthcare are completely irrelevant to rich people. rich people decide government policy.

they won't give a poo poo if a billion poors die to preventable diseases and hunger since it will never affect them ever, in any way. whereas their idiot daughter being exploded at a concert has a 0.0000000001% chance of happening but that chance is still infinitely more likely than losing healthcare lmao.

it's completely logical.

Yikes. No, rich people don't control every part of policy. The AHCA passed congress because a conservative majority was voted in, by americans. If we had voted in democrats (corrupt as they may be), we wouldn't be facing a rollback in quality of care that will lead to quantitatively more suffering if it passes the Senate.

As strange as it may seem, your choices do matter and they have very real repercussions for people who depend on things like affordable healthcare to survive.

And who do think I'm talking about? The conversations about what puts Americans (or Europeans) at risk isn't exclusive to the rich. Like what the honest gently caress are you even talking about

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

23 Christians just got blown up on a bus in Egypt.

If I'm gonna get murdered for being non muslim in the ME I want it to go down by the beach where they cut my throat like they did those other dudes.

Aren't you supposed to try to convert infidels before blowing them up? These guys are doing this all wrong

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

DrPlump posted:

Just like bush ignored Intel about 911 lol

yea this but pearl harbor and beghazi too. why do white people love to let their peeps get blown up??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
hey we heard some foreigners are gonna blow up some of your dudes

white people: lol nice

• Locked thread