Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
This McCarthyite alarmism about crypto-alt-rightists is an unethical witch hunt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm not. They all suck in unique and different ways and are dragging society down. Anyone who is a "fundamentalist" i.e. someone who actually believes in this poo poo rather than pretending they do while using a modern, edited version of their religion is a freaking plague. Christians want to steam roll science and race to the apocalypse (Who cares about the environment? God's going to fight a big war in Israel any day now, don't you know! - The old people) and Islam extremists are.. well, what you get here.

They're all hosed up, they all attack logic and reason, they all attack freedom and they all seek to set people back to the stone age. Half our hosed up morality system comes from them.

gently caress them. Any country that wants to purge religion gets a thumbs up from me at this point.

At the same time, I cannot help but have contempt for Christians who rewrite the bible to be more tolerant of a religion than it actually is. As a Muslim friend on the internet put it, is it the perpetually inerrant word of god or is it not? And if it is not, then why even have the religion in the first place?

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Psycho Society posted:

Religion owns, but clinging to godless materialism is good too I guess. Whatever works for you

Dying in a black friday stampede is the american way, sir.

edit: To serious post, didn't Nietzsche solve this problem over a century ago?

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
heh i sure am glad atheists don't have any specious points of faith like "for no reason at all, there are more than two genders"

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Do the blacks frighten you? What are your opinions about women?

You know what frightens me? Working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years... at the end of which they tell you to piss off? Ending up in some retirement village... hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
This infighting within the alt-right is just terrible :ohdear:

edit: More replies in img

Luxury Communism fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 23, 2017

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Shia are good. Baathists are good. Gaddafi was good.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Fog Tripper posted:

Hard hitting D&D discourse. :allears:

lotta "debate" and "discussion" going on here lmao jesus christ what a trash subforum.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
TIL Manchester Police are literally more strict than GBS mods

:911:

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Between this and Pewdiepie getting added to the official Sweden hate registry, a lot of children are getting redpilled this month lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5diJPL9HTg

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Bholder posted:

I am openly hateful and condescending, why won't people accept this and "argue" with me?

When you click his rap sheet and realized his most recent probation is for racism lmao.

D&Ders are the real racists folks!

edit: I've checked GBS and I can't find a subforum labeled "coloreds only"

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
GBS is a religion of peace. Let us into your subforum, we have been oppressed by your colonialism for too long!

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
There is no god but dad gay so what and pick is his messenger.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
D&D is seriously one step away from Hitlerian rants about the GBS menace subterfuging them from within.

Which is a well known anti-GBSite canard imho.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Helical Nightmares posted:

Mourn not our martyred brethren who died bringing enlightenment to the Kafir. He shall have 72 Picks in the afterlife.

Heh is this like that old joke where all the Picks are Pick?

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm kinda liking how all the white frágiles are so laser-focused on my nutsack tho

I got white girls trying to suck my balls and now Gibbis boys wanting to taste them. Feels good man

Um don't you know that "Feels good man" is an alt-right shibboleth?

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Hmm, you know, on second thought, maybe Islamic terror has more to do with our retarded foreign agenda forced upon us by the moneyed classes and media think-piecers and absolutely nothing to do with "islamophobic" jokes on loving something awful dot com of all places.

edit: You know when I leave the triple parentheses out it almost sounds like a D&D post.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

spacetoaster posted:

Thanks Obama.

"Don't be islamophobic," he said, as he drone striked another wedding.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Snatch Duster posted:

*the cacaphony of "im gay" and "cuck" weared at Factsareuseless*

"how did this happen, i thought i was right" *as he falls to his knees*

*Spunky Psycho Ho leans in and whispers*

"his name is Seth Rich"

holy loving lol

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

The UK is nuts. Even the traditional protestant-catholic banter enjoyed by britons for centuries is now punishable by five years in her majesty's prisons apparently.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Touch the orb, eat the children, become the future.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

What the flying gently caress?

I can see why the whole Brexit thing happened the more I see this kind of madness.

I mean, laws like this would make sense if you are a strongarmed dictatorship in a tribalistic third-world society torn apart by religious conflict.

edit: PS: I think we should bomb this "Mancunia" in retaliation.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Bholder posted:

Using actual hate speech for examples on why hate speech laws suck is not exactly the best of ideas.

Why? That's just an open invitation to backpedal and damage control. I unironically think /pol/-type speech should be legal. The idiocy of hate speech laws has made right-wing martyrs and reasonable liberals are forced to agree with them.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Platinum upgrade killed society.

still never going to do it. is there a "platinum but please no PM feature" option?

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

spacetoaster posted:

What's the point of platinum if you're not going to PM all the mods with dumb ideas all the time?

FaU, how much goatse do you get pm'd on a weekly basis?

You, sir, should be lowtax's sales agent

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Squashing Machine posted:

What we need is for LadyAmbien to come back and scold all of D&D for being lovely in the way it's always been and always will be

Make LadyAmbien the permanent sole mod of D&D, forever. /ourtaxwife/

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Homeless Friend posted:

That would explain the nails

wow another typical edgy anime avatar post from a typical edgy anime avatar poster

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
um, saying the armenian genocide happened is racist against turkish people!! :mad:

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

various cheeses posted:

lol a grown man crying in public because of mean words

here's your "hate speech law" advocate

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

the dude who is literaly bawling because he basically got in a youtube comment argument irl

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

TheWeepingHorse posted:

That thing about the imam is quite something. I (unironically) wonder how that imam feels now, knowing that the hate he was receiving from this dude was, in retrospect, a massive warning sign.

I also don't understand how society could criminalize hate speech, while also seeing nothing wrong with (a future murderer) signing a letter directed against imams who preach against ISIS.

This sounds unironically like an interesting good read.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Profiling is dumb because they will just recruit somebody who doesn't fit the profile. Random searches are also dumb because it doesn't actually deter poo poo.

Pragmatically speaking, either you deal with the issue upstream and actually harm ISIS recruitment, you subject everyone to onerous security requirements, or you just let this poo poo happen tbh.

I just hate D&Ders because they are literally the reason this argument lost.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Secular Humanist posted:

Actual terrorist attacks are kind of just part of the problem though. I mean, people get exploded at ariana grande concerts for the same reason women in the middle east have to wear black trash bags everywhere. There are fundamental problems with mainstream islamic ideology that need to be intellectually terminated. Westerners can help by at least trying to support actual reforming muslims, who admittedly are not very visible due to the whole "constant threat of being decapitated" thing, instead of opportunistic theocrats like linda sarsour who exploit our good nature and dupe useful idiots into embracing the hijab out of "solidarity with women" (loving lol). Liberals have completely failed on this topic, which is now a feebly unhot take but is truer than ever.

Yeah but this line of thought rapidly becomes a "white man's burden" situation that neither I nor they want any part of. If they want to be insular sectarians, let them. Just let the police and immigration officials pursue the issue honestly and fairly, and stay the hell out of the middle east, imho.

But for god sakes don't say "victim-blaming and slut-shaming women into burqas is actually cool and good" because it pisses off bigots???

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

DrPlump posted:

Also this is one of their 4 rules.

Effort Being Met with No Effort Is Bad: If someone puts a lot of effort into a post or rebuttal, don't disregard it without good reason. This is subject to a lot of interpretation.

:airquote: interpretation

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

This isn't even Bush, who had plenty of issues with Middle East policy, who at least differentiated between radical and moderate Islam. Current conservatism is built on xenophobia

Seeing it from the inside with my conservative family, it was really more like "fine, gently caress it, we agreed with you the whole time, can we talk about the radicals now?"

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Better one thousand normies get freaked out than one conservative doesn't get contradicted.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the left is detached from reality but the main reason i don't think (conservative sunni) islamic/islamist ideology should be terminated is because it's war i think you'll probably lose. better to encourage non-violent forms of islamism. but that's not that different or more conservative than mormons in utah, and mormonism is similar to islam in a lot of ways.

islamism is responding to failure of secular systems to accommodate islamist political participation. keep in mind that secular arab regimes have dished out extreme amounts of violence against non-violent islamist movements like the muslim brotherhood -- to the point of massacring them in egypt after the military coup.

Actually, I think "Islam: At least we aren't the Mormons" could be a very effective branding strategy.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

wow I think what this lady is saying would be pretty racist if she was white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

He won the election, not the popular vote. That matters if you're saying that Trump (or Clinton) represents the "average American." America is very divided, and while it's not quite 50/50 on every issue, it's drat close.

Just lol if anyone is saying that Trump or Clinton meaningfully represent the average American except in the lovely vacuous meme issues the media forces upon us all.

spacetoaster posted:

Another victory for GBS.

lmao

• Locked thread