Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I remember a time when goons in GBS weren't idiot racists. We used to just make jokes about the dead, like civilized society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Klyith posted:

I dunno, follow the example of another religious figure and turn the other cheek? Try not to invade or meddle in the politics & stability of other countries, so if they collapse into hellish civil war they at least can't (rationally) blame us for loving with them? Disengage with the clash-of-civilizations, engage with the slow westernization that slowly makes people feel like they'd be a lot better in more liberal nation, and gently caress it they can't all emigrate so they might as well throw out the emirs and try for something better at home? (And while we're at it, keep the western world looking great by rolling back the inequality that's making our half of the world look more like their half of the world, ruled by a fraction so rich they're kings in all but name?)

Basically, look at every major decision we've made in the last 16 years and do the opposite?

Lol

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

theperminator posted:

Actually D&D stage 5 is "this is somehow whiteys fault, kill whitey"

No that's pretty much their stage 1

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I remember this episode of 24 I saw where Jack Bauer's team was holding a terrorist in containment and were trying to coax information out of him. The terrorist wasn't budging so the FBI operatives or whatever roll in a television screen and it cuts to live video feed of Jack Bauer in some hut in the middle of the desert and he and a couple marines are holding the entire guys family at gun point.

They then go down the line and summarily execute each member of this guy's family starting with his wife and then the oldest child etc.
I believe they get down to the last child, a young kid. The terrorist is currently sobbing and cursing Jack Bauer and America and what not and then he breaks hard.

Suddenly the background image of the inside of the hut flickers and Jack Bauer reveals that the entire background and executions were all done with CGI and that the family is being safely held at a detention facility or something.

The point I wanted to make is that we should be using CGI to stage executions of terrorists families.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Grem posted:

Simulated executions are a war crime.

Ah yes, the treaty of Versailles

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Luxury Communism posted:

No you see ritually desecrating the remains of terrorists is racist. :shobon:

Are terrorists a race

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Which Muslim guy running over people thread are you referring to

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

O cool

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Religion of peace

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

savages
IDIOTS SAVAGES SAVAGE IDIOTS .... IDIOTS!

-dennis reynolds

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

i love the attempt at diverting attention away from the train wreck that is islam onto christianity lol

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

islam is tied with the mormons for worst origin story

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Sometimes I wonder if these threads, even though they have a lot of vitriol involved, aren't a way for us to try to collectively recover from how lovely this kind of thing is.
re-reading the first few pages is scary and awful. anything that follows those kinds of tweets and poo poo is an improvement over the first few pages.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

FisheyStix posted:

Much like the bombers themselves, we rage because we are otherwise impotent against the faceless gods that guide drone after drone the oil lands to empty them. But only a little. Only enough to rekindle grief sufficient to power the war machine that generates their marvelous profits.

*farts*

i like this, is that from something?

my favorite part was the fart at the end

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

FisheyStix posted:

It came from the same place all my other farts came from!

:discourse:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

FisheyStix posted:

If you go to war, you must wage total war or none at all. Anything else is just cruelty.

i remember that line from Shenmu

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

FisheyStix posted:

I thought I was misquoting William T Sherman, but I was actually misquoting nobody!

gently caress!!

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

FisheyStix posted:

I... I never meant to let you down, SilkyP...

:negative:

You haven't dude it's alright bro it's okay man

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Stoned cold fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

There are 15 countries in which stoning is either practiced or authorized by law, even if it has never been practiced. In Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria (in one-third of the country's states), Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen, stoning is a legal punishment lol

basic bitches still stoning people

• Locked thread