Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

United have fuckall for cover in center midfield since they sold Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger so that's not the worst thing in the world.

Yep, that's the limited role I hope he'll play. If he's the first choice in any kind of strategy at this point, someone's hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Der Shovel posted:

Michael Carrick has signed a one year extension. I guess that's a good thing because he can still be useful in a very limited role.

This is not a transfer. Mods?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Who would win between Chelsea and Man Utd for which team has spent the most rebuying former players

Net difference or just total spend...

Either way its probably Utd

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy's contract extension will be announced in Wednesday, following a board meeting on Tuesday, apparently.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 28, 2017

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

Wengy's contract extension will be announced in Wednesday, following a board meeting on Tuesday, apparently.

Been saying it for months at this point

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

wenger out

of the board room and to the training ground

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

The Sun said today that Stoke are going to buy Rooney for £45m, and I've never wanted a transfer rumor to be true as much as this one

If this happens I am becoming a chelsea fan because how can you support a club that does that

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

West ham putting the free stadium cash to good use by buying all the other PL teams spare players, I see.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Stoke getting Rooney would be hilarious but u don't like the idea of United getting any money for him.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

He will be just like a new signing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
City are going to break the record spent on a keeper signing Ederson from benfica

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

City are going to break the record spent on a keeper signing Ederson from benfica

It's amazing that Buffon's transfer record has lasted as long as it has. £32.6m in 2001!

That's probably £250m in today's transfer market, if not more.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

It's amazing that Buffon's transfer record has lasted as long as it has. £32.6m in 2001!

There really hasnt been a keeper worth that since then, and it tends to be that when one comes around the club hangs on to them...or "messes up the paper work" when a big club tries to buy them

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LaCroqueta6/status/869177119783477249

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

There really hasnt been a keeper worth that since then, and it tends to be that when one comes around the club hangs on to them...or "messes up the paper work" when a big club tries to buy them

*accidentally password protects the PDF a couple minutes before the deadline*

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

It's roughly the same amount we paid for Ferdinand at that point in history, and both made sense in terms of their talent and their age

Probably closer to the £60-75m mark today, unless Rooney really is worth £45m

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Purely in terms of inflation, that Buffon fee is £50m today. Not accounting for soccernomics inflation, of course.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

CyberPingu posted:

We paid 25 million Euro for Neuer in 2011, which was a loving steal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol that Bravo to Man City is the 4th most expensive keeper transfer fee of all time

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

It's roughly the same amount we paid for Ferdinand at that point in history, and both made sense in terms of their talent and their age

Probably closer to the £60-75m mark today, unless Rooney really is worth £45m

City paid £50m for Stones who can't get a game.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I think Mangala would be the far more obvious centre back to make fun of, jeez louise.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I think Mangala would be the far more obvious centre back to make fun of, jeez louise.

He was really good on loan at Valencia though.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

City paid £50m for Stones who can't get a game.

true

but £50m for a centre back is still the most that's ever been spent, it's just that both the players that have gone for that much have been embarrassing garbagemen

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Can't say they didn't get their money's worth

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are supposedly going to offer Ozil and Sanchez 280k a week contracts

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/869269841575915525
Assuming this actually happens tomorrow, this is a great get for Milan, and at a price that isn't really outrageous

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/869269841575915525
Assuming this actually happens tomorrow, this is a great get for Milan, and at a price that isn't really outrageous

yeah that's a pretty good deal, well done to Milan

Lyon apparently has been talking with Leverkusen about Chicharito, and they'll likely afford the asking price after Aulas finishes fleecing whoever for Lacazette this summer

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Arsenal are supposedly going to offer Ozil and Sanchez 280k a week contracts

I have also promised to suck them both off any time they want to see if that helps.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Any news on Howson? I heard some unconfirmed reports he was getting on a plane to Madrid carrying a multipack of Curly Wurlys.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Big Taff Man posted:

Any news on Howson? I heard some unconfirmed reports he was getting on a plane to Madrid carrying a multipack of Curly Wurlys.

Infantino is carrying on Sepp's persecution of Howson and will veto the deal once again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/869507703793737729

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Tuchel has resigned from Dortmund apparently.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/status/869478618979856384
done deal

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Liverpool have signed a 19 year old I've never heard of: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/30/liverpool-to-sign-dominic-solanke-after-striker-turns-back-on-chelsea-england

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Von Linus posted:

he got sacked

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Von Linus posted:

If only they had a talented and handsome u23s coach ready to take over

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
wengy signed da ting

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/RaeComm/status/869454617834336256

Would make him the priciest Yank of all time

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Spalletti is officially out at Roma. He's expected to sign with Inter soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Spalletti is officially out at Roma. He's expected to sign with Inter soon.

Are things that bad at Roma? I don't know why he would leave now that he'd finally be free of Totti-related issues if he stayed.

• Locked thread