Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Are things that bad at Roma? I don't know why he would leave now that he'd finally be free of Totti-related issues if he stayed.

They've had a big overhaul of the entire front office over the past couple of months, I think they just want to bring in someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Several reports say that one of Mourinho's priorities this summer is a new left back, possibly Mendy from Monaco. What's gonna happen to £30m man Luke Shaw in that case? He's a bit too expensive to just be a backup.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Ornstein tweeted that Wenger has verbally agreed the 2 year contract, to the surprise of everyone.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

Several reports say that one of Mourinho's priorities this summer is a new left back, possibly Mendy from Monaco. What's gonna happen to £30m man Luke Shaw in that case? He's a bit too expensive to just be a backup.

There's clearly something about Shaw that Mourinho doesn't like, work ethic, injury proneness, weight, face, lack of cuntiness, whatever.

That said, there's about ten players that can fill in adequately at right back, which assuming Rojo remains first choice at left side centre half means there's only 2 left footed players for that position atm, Shaw and Blind.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

Are things that bad at Roma? I don't know why he would leave now that he'd finally be free of Totti-related issues if he stayed.

I actually think that Inter is just offering a better deal. No CL but a lot of freedom and already a pretty decent set of players. Their problem was absolutely management this year, if he can get the team motivated they'll be just fine.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

I actually think that Inter is just offering a better deal. No CL but a lot of freedom and already a pretty decent set of players. Their problem was absolutely management this year, if he can get the team motivated they'll be just fine.

As long as they don't sell nagatomo to barca

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PirateBob posted:

He is a £15-20m man now OP

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

julian assflange posted:

He is a £15-20m man now OP

Actually he's more like a two hundred pound man

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ninpo posted:

:thurman:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Rangers are apparently signing Bruno Alves, is he still any good? Seems a good signing.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Her Dryer posted:

Rangers are apparently signing Bruno Alves, is he still any good? Seems a good signing.

He didn't seem embarrassingly bad whenever I saw him this year. So he'll probably be fine.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This is certainly £3m for a kid.

We've cooled on Sessegnon and there's increasing noises that Keita doesn't want to go/Leipzeig aren't willing to sell. With lots of interest on VVD and Brandt staying, that's all four of our "top targets" we may miss out on. Which is worrying.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

nice

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

you're not gonna have Roma fans hassling Spaletti's kids over his handling of Totti at Milan either, so that's probably a bonus

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

PirateBob posted:

I've seen reports that Newcastle are looking to loan him, but who knows if that it true or not.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

So was Tuchel resigning expected or is this because he's going to be appearing at a press conference in north london tomorrow? :tinfoil:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

So was Tuchel resigning expected or is this because he's going to be appearing at a press conference in north london tomorrow? :tinfoil:

It was kinda expected because him and Hans-Joachim Watzke have been at odds for most of the season.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
oh also, Chelsea sold another loser idiot they were never using.

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/869585305006899201

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

St. Etienne's allegedly been talking to Big Patrick Vieira about the vacant manager job. I think it's a step up from NYCFC but it's hard to say whether Vieira would do it :shrug:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Vieira is well bought into the saudi ecosystem. I have a hard time seeing him leaving that money behind.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shocking no one, Mahrez has put in a transfer request

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

Vieira is well bought into the saudi ecosystem. I have a hard time seeing him leaving that money behind.

He might not even be a step up from Galtier, who somehow managed to get them a Cup win in the era of PSG turning the league into the Scottish league

It looks like Torino will not pick up Joe Hart and are looking at Big Salvatore Sirigu from PSG

EDIT: OM have put in an offer for Iker Casillas, and are negotiating with Crystal Palace to bring back Steve Mandanda. If neither of those go anywhere they'll stick with Yohann Pele, a 33-year-old with one season of Ligue 1 experience who nonetheless kept 15 clean sheets behind an absolutely appalling defence. Wild times.

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 30, 2017

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I've completed forgot Mandanda was at Palace

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm a big fan of these mangala to newcastle rumours

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

As long as he's decently cheap we need another CB since Hanley is going

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

This is certainly £3m for a kid.

We've cooled on Sessegnon and there's increasing noises that Keita doesn't want to go/Leipzeig aren't willing to sell. With lots of interest on VVD and Brandt staying, that's all four of our "top targets" we may miss out on. Which is worrying.

I do not like this.

While I don't think the squad is in a terrible way we really need some depth as certain players can't be relied upon fitness wise.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I do not like this.

While I don't think the squad is in a terrible way we really need some depth as certain players can't be relied upon fitness wise.

There's quite a lot of the transfer season left to go.

Who would you get that Liverpool is realistically linked to? It looks like Tottenham probably blew the move for Sessegnon out of Liverpool's wage target and getting Keita from Leipzig was always going to be a big ask.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'd never heard of Ryan Sessegnon until I just now googled "liverpool sessegnon transfer rumor" and before that I was really confused about why Tottenham and Liverpool were in a bidding war for Stephane Sessegnon.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

I'd never heard of Ryan Sessegnon until I just now googled "liverpool sessegnon transfer rumor" and before that I was really confused about why Tottenham and Liverpool were in a bidding war for Stephane Sessegnon.

Same.

Also Arsenal are supposedly signing Henry Onyekuru, a 19 year old Nigerian striker who scored some goals for a team fighting relegation in the Belgian league.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Same.

Also Arsenal are supposedly signing Henry Onyekuru, a 19 year old Nigerian striker who scored some goals for a team fighting relegation in the Belgian league.

Yep. £6.8M. I believe he was actually the leading scorer. I've never seen him play and I doubt anyone else who says they rate him have but hopefully he's got some talent. I do wonder if he'll get a work permit though. From what I read I don't think he's been capped by Nigeria yet.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Saw him on a YouTube highlight reel earlier in the season, everybody's​ going crazy because he already has Henry on the back of his shirt

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

There's quite a lot of the transfer season left to go.

Who would you get that Liverpool is realistically linked to? It looks like Tottenham probably blew the move for Sessegnon out of Liverpool's wage target and getting Keita from Leipzig was always going to be a big ask.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know how good Keita is and I'm guessing 99% of the Liverpool supporters desperate for him have never seen him play.

What I would like is a top quality striker as I think Sturridge should be sold while he's still worth something and a left back. Basically we need some new ideas for how to break down teams that aren't interested in attacking. Firmino is great but he's not a player that gets in behind and he's not overly quick. I think we'd be better playing an out and out forward against sides like that. Moreno should be sold as he's still probably worth someone taking a gamble on him for a decent amount of cash (we got loving three million pound for Brad Smith after all) and Milner, who has done a fantastic job there, isn't getting any younger. He's also pretty average against sides that sit deep as it's too easy to defend against a right footed left back.

Henderson, Lallana and Wijnuldum is an excellent midfield three and I'm happy for that to remain next season provided they're fit. Can was brilliant the last month or two of the season too so we look pretty strong there. The issue is Henderson's fitness. If there is truth that his heel is always going to cause him on and off problems then we need to buy another central midfielder.

People want us to sign another centre back but I think Lovren and Matip were actually very good when they played together. It's when one was injured that we struggled. I certainly don't see the purpose of spending fifty plus million on VvD when we have far more pressing matters.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

trem_two posted:

fulham were winning 3-1 against newcastle this season and he had 2 goals and they won a penalty in injury time. instead of letting the 16 year old get a hat trick someone else took it and missed lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know how good Keita is and I'm guessing 99% of the Liverpool supporters desperate for him have never seen him play.

What I would like is a top quality striker as I think Sturridge should be sold while he's still worth something and a left back. Basically we need some new ideas for how to break down teams that aren't interested in attacking. Firmino is great but he's not a player that gets in behind and he's not overly quick. I think we'd be better playing an out and out forward against sides like that. Moreno should be sold as he's still probably worth someone taking a gamble on him for a decent amount of cash (we got loving three million pound for Brad Smith after all) and Milner, who has done a fantastic job there, isn't getting any younger. He's also pretty average against sides that sit deep as it's too easy to defend against a right footed left back.

Henderson, Lallana and Wijnuldum is an excellent midfield three and I'm happy for that to remain next season provided they're fit. Can was brilliant the last month or two of the season too so we look pretty strong there. The issue is Henderson's fitness. If there is truth that his heel is always going to cause him on and off problems then we need to buy another central midfielder.

People want us to sign another centre back but I think Lovren and Matip were actually very good when they played together. It's when one was injured that we struggled. I certainly don't see the purpose of spending fifty plus million on VvD when we have far more pressing matters.

Just saying there's absolutely nothing in this that signing a kid for £3m will prevent. He's mostly going to sit in the u23s and maybe play some cups (because we're missing anyone in the age range between Wilson and Origi who can step up).

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

blue footed boobie posted:

Same.

As someone who watches the Belgian League: KAS Eupen, the team he's currently playing for, is linked to some academy in Qatar, the Aspire Academy. They stall a ton of players there and they're not all scrubs. Onyekuru scored 22 goals this season and Eupen wasn't really fighting relegation, they finished 13th.
I rate him, but I'm not sure he'll slot right into Arsenal, but we'll see I guess. He's only 19 too, so there's still a lot of progression there.

Akileese posted:

Yep. £6.8M. I believe he was actually the leading scorer. I've never seen him play and I doubt anyone else who says they rate him have but hopefully he's got some talent. I do wonder if he'll get a work permit though. From what I read I don't think he's been capped by Nigeria yet.
He good.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

EvilHawk posted:

Just saying there's absolutely nothing in this that signing a kid for £3m will prevent. He's mostly going to sit in the u23s and maybe play some cups (because we're missing anyone in the age range between Wilson and Origi who can step up).

He's younger than Wilson.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Ryan Sessegnon is really, really good, and fully deserves all the hype around him. If we end up losing him for nothing like we did with Dembele, I'm going to make a face.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I like that Solanke signing. Cheap enough to warrant a gamble and can see him being sold for more than we bought him for if he's not quite up to standard.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://twitter.com/sportsupdatefbb/status/869850778097389568

This is apparently happening. Seems like a pretty weird choice tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
to think he almost joined Newcastle