Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Laudrup wanted him instead of Bony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Bony worked out well! We ended up with Riviere

took me 2 minutes to even remember his name

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea have signed released Ajax academy reject Kees De Boer on a 3 year deal.

Many fans are convinced Spurs want Gylfi and Alfie Mawson, which makes me laugh as they're both a bit poo poo.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

sassassin posted:

Many fans are convinced Spurs want Gylfi
Er... didn't this already happen

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Theres already an abundance of Sessegnons and Dembeles, it wouldn't surprise me if theres another Gylfi.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Paperhouse posted:

Poch has said it was a mistake to let Gylfi go enough times that people both believe him and think he'll throw £30m away trying to get him back.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
John Anthony Brooks to Wolfsburg a done deal

https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/869903539669258245

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

shut up blegum posted:

As someone who watches the Belgian League: KAS Eupen, the team he's currently playing for, is linked to some academy in Qatar, the Aspire Academy. They stall a ton of players there and they're not all scrubs. Onyekuru scored 22 goals this season and Eupen wasn't really fighting relegation, they finished 13th.
I rate him, but I'm not sure he'll slot right into Arsenal, but we'll see I guess. He's only 19 too, so there's still a lot of progression there.

He good.

Thank you Belge.

Agree that he's going to have a tough time getting a work permit, though. I think he has to qualify as an exceptional talent or whatever if he doesn't have any international caps.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

shut up blegum posted:

https://twitter.com/sportsupdatefbb/status/869850778097389568

This is apparently happening. Seems like a pretty weird choice tbh

Well, he is French.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well, he is French.

It must have finally occurred to them that appeasing Thiago Silva by filling the team up with Brazilians will run afoul of CL's homegrown requirements

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

As someone who watches the Belgian League: KAS Eupen, the team he's currently playing for, is linked to some academy in Qatar, the Aspire Academy. They stall a ton of players there and they're not all scrubs. Onyekuru scored 22 goals this season and Eupen wasn't really fighting relegation, they finished 13th.
I rate him, but I'm not sure he'll slot right into Arsenal, but we'll see I guess. He's only 19 too, so there's still a lot of progression there.

Does Belgium have a different naturalisation process? Has he been in the country long enough?
Seems like they might have tracked him during his time at Aspire and just waited to see how he turned out. Just short of £7m seems like a bit much though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ultrabindu posted:

Does Belgium have a different naturalisation process? Has he been in the country long enough?
Seems like they might have tracked him during his time at Aspire and just waited to see how he turned out. Just short of £7m seems like a bit much though.

IDK specifically about Belgium, but the UK has more stringent requirements than a lot of the EU countries. That's why you see players who can't get work permits in the UK loaned out to clubs in Spain and Portugal. Arsenal have run into this problem with a bunch of players.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Wasn't there some new permit rule that got rid of special dispensations and just handwaved in everyone more than 10 mil? Or did people realize that was a terrible idea.

e: Here is some terrible article on it. It's from 3 years ago, so I guess not much has come of it.
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/9/24/6838677/england-work-permit-changes-proposal

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 31, 2017

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Auba feels like the bigger loss at BVB, curious how they plan to solidify the spine of their squad now

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 31, 2017

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
They could get Gomez. Someone who is a good finisher and can also create a little space for all the wingers would help them I feel. Aubameyang leaving isn't really something that anyone is going to be surprised by so I'm sure there is a replacement lined up already.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Griezmann has reportedly put in a transfer request and has maybe agreed personal terms with Man Utd

Not sure he's worth £85m or how we're gonna use him but yay I guess :toot:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Why would he go to a shithouse 6th place club

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Dortmund are now rumored to be in for Schick, he'd probably be a great fit as a replacement for PAE.

Hopefully he goes to Juve though :clint:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

actually we're champions of europe

which is the best continent except for most parts of it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
In real Howson news he's rejected a new contract so we'll likely sell him this window to make sure we don't lose him for nothing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Griezmann has reportedly put in a transfer request and has maybe agreed personal terms with Man Utd

I think he'll be great, but I really hope United have a solid plan beyond buying him, because god drat United need more than Griezmann to be good.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
In transfer rumours no one cares about, according to our full of poo poo media, Szczesny is going to Napoli (possibly), Milan (lol), West Ham (lmao) and, real comedy option - Juventus. I love silly transfer season.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Der Shovel posted:

I think he'll be great, but I really hope United have a solid plan beyond buying him, because god drat United need more than Griezmann to be good.

Aren't there rumours there is an offer out for Mmmmbop?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why would Danny Rose leave Spurs for Untied?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
For money and winning things.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Danny Rose is really not that brilliant and if Spurs could get Luke Shaw going back the other way they should be all over that deal imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mackintosh posted:

He doesn't want to play for Mourinho allegedly.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

mackintosh posted:

Who is this

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Griezmann is not better than Zlatan, so in the end Man Utd will be worse off than the start of this season with him, thanks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

I've read he only wants to go to Real Madrid

Ewar Woowar posted:

Who is this

Mbappe

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Griezmann really gonna be allowed to leave when Athletico Madrid have a transfer ban?

Glad to see I made the OP, I will do a cool and good fashionable U-turn for this thread and predict Wenger will spend a penny.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Shrapnig posted:

Allegedly. Zidane is his boyhood hero, but he's neither Spanish nor white. I can't see Florentino bringing him home.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Griezmann really gonna be allowed to leave when Athletico Madrid have a transfer ban?

United have "cooled their interest" now, it's definitely not Atletico telling United to gently caress off.

United are still the biggest club in the world, honest.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Knowing Mourinho, wouldn't the feeling be mutual since Mbappe's so young? Or does he play young players if they're good enough.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
DONE DEAL Norwich have signed Barnsley's Marley Watkins. Release all our defenders, sign a winger, its The Norwich Way.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

Knowing Mourinho, wouldn't the feeling be mutual since Mbappe's so young? Or does he play young players if they're good enough.

United put in a huge bid for him that Monaco rejected outright so who really knows.

I think Monaco want €/£100m for him and United bid like 75.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atletienglish/status/870195378301415424

They claim that they're still going to buy players this summer but wait to register them until January.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm sure players will enjoy spending months playing lovely friendlies

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Klaas Jan Huntelaar to Ajax on a free is a done deal

https://twitter.com/KJ_Huntelaar/status/870248468413124608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
This summer United will buy a striker, a winger, a defensive midfielder, a left back and maybe a centre back.

• Locked thread