Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
goddammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Healbot posted:

GG would've killed himself if it wasn't for Donnarumma saving Milans season, so Hegav is correct.

This is canon.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

The crazy part is one of those kits is the 12/13 kit lol

loving hell. We're really getting old. I still don't see him coming over to Madrid this summer. Not with Benzema still there. Unless they're definitely shipping out Morata, but even then, would the kid want to play second fiddle to that nonce?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

David Ornstein is saying Arsenal's £6.8m signing of Henry Onyekuru are completely fabricated. He said he's heard nothing from the club and he's not even convinced they've bid for him.

He's been saying a lot the last couple days. Apparently Arsenal have issues with the size of their wage bill, and will need to sell to buy anyone. Also apparently just stopped negotiating with Ozil and Sanchez while they sorted out Wengy's contract situation? In any case it looks like they could easily lose both, and will be trying to replace them late in the window if they go. What I'm saying here is that this could be a pretty disastrous summer for the Arse.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

He's been saying a lot the last couple days. Apparently Arsenal have issues with the size of their wage bill, and will need to sell to buy anyone. Also apparently just stopped negotiating with Ozil and Sanchez while they sorted out Wengy's contract situation? In any case it looks like they could easily lose both, and will be trying to replace them late in the window if they go. What I'm saying here is that this could be a pretty disastrous summer for the Arse.

Well according to L'Equipe Arsenal offered €100m for loving Mbappe. It's worth noting I don't believe this poo poo for a god damned second.

e: Here's the article: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-mercato-d-ete-au-tour-d-arsenal-de-convoiter-kylian-mbappe/806556

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Hegay posted:

This is wrong. Donnarumma is better

Nope.donnarumma is great, is better at crosses, but ederson is incredibly fast off the line,can play with both feet and do poo poo like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DxZs8i57I
That's a 80 meter goalkick assist straight into Jimenez ,there is no gk in the word that can do that on a consistent basis like Ederson does.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Akileese posted:

Well according to L'Equipe Arsenal offered €100m for loving Mbappe. It's worth noting I don't believe this poo poo for a god damned second.

e: Here's the article: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-mercato-d-ete-au-tour-d-arsenal-de-convoiter-kylian-mbappe/806556

mmbop is scoring 5 million goals and we're going to win the league

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Nope.donnarumma is great, is better at crosses, but ederson is incredibly fast off the line,can play with both feet and do poo poo like this
That's a 80 meter goalkick assist straight into Jimenez ,there is no gk in the word that can do that on a consistent basis like Ederson does.
Ya that was the most impressive thing I've ever seen a goalkeeper do

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ChainsawCharlie posted:

This is pretty great but Donnarumma is 5 years younger and nobody knows if he can do that because Montella makes him play the ball to the center backs. I would imagine neither of us has watched the "other" keeper enough to make a real unbiased guess as to who's better.

In any case I'm glad there is a good Brazilian keeper again.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I'm not sure Pep is going to want his keeper to try to punt it up to the striker ever?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Lol, this is some hot garbage Portuguese defending and a lucky goal kick.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone follow the Portuguese league and can tell me about Semedo?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Thats no Begovic scoring inside 10 seconds of the first half from open play.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Shrapnig posted:

Lol, this is some hot garbage Portuguese defending and a lucky goal kick.
There's nothing "lucky" about kicking it from your 6 yard box to the oppositions 18 in the air. That's something that you can or cannot do.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If we pay almost forty million for Salah I'll be pissed off with Chelsea even more for buying him and not playing him then us having to buy him for a gently caress load more.

Think he could be a good buy though. Him and Mane would absolutely terrorize any high line. Not quite sure how we'd line up with him and Mane in the team though? We surely can't get away with playing Coutinho and Lallana in midfield can we?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Griezmann has tweeted "now more than ever, Atletico"

Never really wanted him anyway :colbert:

He could've been great or he could never have fit into United's weird-rear end system. I guess we'll never know, but I really hope United have a backup plan because the team kinda does need a winger in addition to a bunch of other players.

E: more than anything I'm glad this nonsense got wrapped up in early June instead of dragging on until the end of August or something.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
United fans should be pretty chill atm imo. Mourinho and Woodward did a great job last summer and this window should be easy for them.

And then I go onto redcafe and it's just poster after poster in meltdown mode because of Griezmann.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Glad we won't have to see his dumb goal celebration in the Premier league

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Some more news about Henry Onyekuru. Eupen have given Mogi Bayat (and well known agent in Belgium) an 'exclusive mandate' to negotiate with all interested parties about Onyekuru. So that Arsenal deal was probably bollocks.
Also he got his first cap for the Nigerian NT yesterday, so that probably helps with the work permit stuff? I don't know how that works, AFAIK we don't have rules like that in Belgium.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
they did a great job getting them to sixth for 3 months before Jose threw in the towel, hope they replicate this form

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'd love my team to win 2 trophies and get into the champions league

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Akileese posted:

Arsenal confirmed they made the bid, Monaco rejected it :pusheen:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Leeds have signed Hadi Sacko on a 3 year deal. Fee apparently £1.7m.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Arsenal confirmed they made the bid, Monaco rejected it :pusheen:

Madrid still in for him or they moved on to someone else?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Madrid had already made a bigger bid hence the rejection.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

This is pretty great but Donnarumma is 5 years younger and nobody knows if he can do that because Montella makes him play the ball to the center backs. I would imagine neither of us has watched the "other" keeper enough to make a real unbiased guess as to who's better.

In any case I'm glad there is a good Brazilian keeper again.

Granted ,I've only watched like 10 Milan games in the last couple of years,and he's 18 but right now I think donnarumma is a level below guys like oblak and ederson.but if there's anyone who can potentially be the second coming of buffon its him.

And that's not bad defending,that's a pure tactical play.there is no offside on a goal kick,and if you're a defender your brain is formatted to ignore the striker in a clear offside.if you can't see how that will be useful in a league where teams defend way up the pitch than the Portuguese league,or in European competition I don't know what to tell you.

Regarding nelson semedo, the best comparison I can think of is Dani alves.he's blazingly fast,almost robben like,and he can bomb up and down the right flank all game.he was a former winger so he can cross,dribble and occasionally shoot from outside the box.he makes some mistakes defensively because he has a tendency to close too much near the central defender,but that may be because the center defender he was playing with was luisao which is 36 and slow as loving molasses,so that positioning was probably a manager instruction.he usually can recover from those mistakes because he is insanely fast.
Supposedly Barcelona ,Munich and MU are after him, should be worth around 35-40 million euros which is a reasonable price.

Disclaimer,I'm a Benfica fan so I'm unreasonably high on these guys,but you can't really go wrong on both because the talent is obvious.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

More than 100 million euros for a kid who has really only played 1 season, gently caress off lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Newcastle are close to signing Tammy Abraham on loan and ruben semedo from sporting. portugal league watchers is he any good?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hegay posted:

More than 100 million euros for a kid who has really only played 1 season, gently caress off lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andros Townsend would be worth £100m if he played a season in Ligue 1.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Manchester City could face a player registration ban due to the transfer of 15 year old Benjamin Garre from Velez Sarsfield in Argentina.

While the kid has Italian citizenship the whole no minors transferring in from outside EU still applies.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Oxford City signed a guy from McDonalds

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ultrabindu posted:

Oxford City signed a guy from McDonalds

This is phenomenal

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Jose posted:

Newcastle are close to signing Tammy Abraham on loan and ruben semedo from sporting. portugal league watchers is he any good?

no. he's got potential but cost us way too many points last season. we'd be glad to get rid of him

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looks like Abraham will be confirmed over the weekend, hopefully he can step up

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Jose posted:

Yeah like mbm said,hes not very good.has all the physical tools but he makes too many mistakes.and not "ocasionaly forgets to mark his player in set pieces" mistakes,more "ball will go out for a corner but he will barrel into an atacker for a dumb penalty" mistakes. He had a better season in 15/16 so this last one might have been lack of confidence but man,hes still very rough around the edges.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
hopefully Tammy can, seems like a special talent. hope he scores you many many goals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Looks like Abraham will be confirmed over the weekend, hopefully he can step up

bito f a weird signing imo if there is no option to buy

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He's going to sign a new contract so I doubt we'll get an option to buy

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He's our new Solanke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Raiola says Marseille and Dortmund are both interested in Mario Balotelli. I'd love to see him at Marseille, but of course, we're unlikely to offer CL football any time soon. Still, anyone who can get under PSG's skin like that...

• Locked thread