Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Jose posted:

Theres a few newcastle transfers probably about to happen. £15m for gibbs, £8m for florian lejeune and caballero on a free. Lejeune's had his release clause met

Good to see some defenders mentioned, the back four from last season would get destroyed in the PL. Wonder which keepers will be shipped out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Shaw was 30 million and suffered a gruesome leg break. But 30 million pounds isn't shocking anymore. Has there been a blockbuster transfer that immediately had a long-term injury? Like a record-breaker.

With all the ludicrous fees flying around, it's bound to happen, right?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Torres broke his brain?

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Gazza.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Mancini is trying to get Balotelli to transfer to Zenit. I can't think of a worse idea.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The forum would applaud his braveness throwing darts at racist youth players for once.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Theres a few newcastle transfers probably about to happen. £15m for gibbs, £8m for florian lejeune and caballero on a free. Lejeune's had his release clause met

Seems fair enough for Gibbs. He's a solid left back when he's healthy enough to play.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the healthy enough to play is a big problem though. he's 27 and former arsenal youth and hasn't even played 150 league games

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Leaving Arsenal is a fairly reliable way of improving a player's injury record though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

the healthy enough to play is a big problem though. he's 27 and former arsenal youth and hasn't even played 150 league games

To be fair he was only first choice for a year or two. He does get injured a lot, but it's not like he's a permacrock.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Gibbs has the Ox problem where he's healthy for 5 to 7 games starts to gain some decent form then pulls a hamstring and is out for 3 weeks to a month. Rinse repeat.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

peanut- posted:

Leaving Arsenal is a fairly reliable way of improving a player's injury record though.

If this is true, somebody needs to get Yaya Sanogo on a free

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

If this is true, somebody needs to get Yaya Sanogo on a free

He was bad as well as injured.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Everytime I saw him he looked like a real handful. He seems to have Welbeck disease - creates a lot of chaos, doesn't look like he really has skills, and can't score to save his life but somehow the team always gets a goal when he's in the game.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
uhhh, Welbeck has scored some big goals. Sanogo scored 4 against some Balkans one time.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Haha, I think the last goal Sanogo scored was against Bayern

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

brocked posted:

Haha, I think the last goal Sanogo scored was against Bayern

I think it was Dortmund

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sanogo and Gibbs are both bad, but Sanogo is considerably worse of the two

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sanogo failed in the Eredivisie lol

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Bobby Digital posted:

I think it was Dortmund

yeah that stung

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Big Virg says he wants to go to Liverpool

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/05/liverpool-virgil-van-dijk-southampton

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

why are you going there hahaha

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Smart lad.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

RideTheSpiral posted:

Haha

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Yeah lot of talk on twitter today saying the deal is done (as is Salah). Might get some more information this evening when the papers go to print.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

Hehe :laugh:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Would a broken ankle stop Madrid from buying Hazard?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU9w5nhBqGH/

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol

Also for those who watch Southampton, is he that good to be worth that much (I get he's worth what the market will bear, however see Liverpool's other record signing for refutation of that point) or in the age of John Stones also going for £50M, is this just the new status quo?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

RideTheSpiral posted:

Lol

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

sticksy posted:

lol

Also for those who watch Southampton, is he that good to be worth that much (I get he's worth what the market will bear, however see Liverpool's other record signing for refutation of that point) or in the age of John Stones also going for £50M, is this just the new status quo?

I think any good centre back under 29 with proven Premier League record is going to cost a ton of money. Is it worth paying three times what Matip cost? Probably not to many but getting a player from a different league is a pretty big risk and playing with a lovely defence for half a season will ruin any title bid straight away so the top clubs are willing to pay that sort of money.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I thought Van Dijk was brilliant the few times I watched him last season and the first half of this season, then just as everyone in the world started hyping him up he went a lot quieter and didn't do that much.

I don't want to pay £50m for a centreback, no.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
guess Chelsea and City have dropped interest in VD

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Would be interesting if Liverpoo start paying £60m transfer fees and £200k pw wages... Where will this madness end

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Hoops posted:

I thought Van Dijk was brilliant the few times I watched him last season and the first half of this season, then just as everyone in the world started hyping him up he went a lot quieter and didn't do that much.

I don't want to pay £50m for a centreback, no.

iirc, VVD picked up an injury and Puel sat him a few times to see if Southampton could survive defensively without him. it was pretty obvious even by January that he'd leave.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Rumors of a €135m bid from Real Madrid for Mmmbop.

One hundred and thirty five million. :staredog:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Still less than what United paid for Pogba so far lmao

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Healbot posted:

Still less than what United paid for Pogba so far lmao

Um, okay... I don't think so.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Unless Mbappe's agent is handed something in excess of €40m it holds true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Rumors of a €135m bid from Real Madrid for Mmmbop.

One hundred and thirty five million. :staredog:

This is retarded lol

• Locked thread