Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Griezmann really gonna be allowed to leave when Athletico Madrid have a transfer ban?

Glad to see I made the OP, I will do a cool and good fashionable U-turn for this thread and predict Wenger will spend a penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Akileese posted:

Well according to L'Equipe Arsenal offered €100m for loving Mbappe. It's worth noting I don't believe this poo poo for a god damned second.

e: Here's the article: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-mercato-d-ete-au-tour-d-arsenal-de-convoiter-kylian-mbappe/806556

Arsenal confirmed they made the bid, Monaco rejected it :pusheen:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Madrid had already made a bigger bid hence the rejection.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Sun claiming Bellerin has agreed terms with Barca ahead of a £50m move :britain:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ultimate seethe by someone called 'Smiddy' on Football365:

quote:

“Pointless, petty, pathetic” Saints
Is there a more pointless, petty, pathetic football club than Southampton?

Gossip: “Lots of clubs want Van Dijk”

Southampton: *silence*

Gossip: “Chelsea, City and Liverpool lead race for Van Dijk”

Gossip: “Arsenal have entered the race for Van Dijk and made an offer to the player”

Gossip: “Man City have won the race for Van Dijk and have offered him a £200k per week deal”

Gossip: “Van Dijk has decided he actually wants to move to Liverpool”

Southampton: “WAHHH!!! REPORT THEM, REPORT THEM!!! THEY KEEP SIGNING OUR PLAYERS!!!! WAHHH!!!”

On the day that Evertons Romelu Lakaku says he “has an agreement” with his new club for example, and in these times of contiunal football gossip (“such and such a club has agreed a deal with such and such a player”), are we really going to pretend that clubs and players dont talk?

In everything Southampton do they are the absolute epitome of classic small club mentality. Genuinely pathetic. A club that in recent years has become a regular PL team, has moved to a new stadium, has made literally hundreds and hudreds of millions of pounds from tv deals, sponsership and transfer fees….yet still acts like little old Southampton.

What they and their sad little fans fail to realise is that its a self fulfulling prophecy. Just look at the players they’ve lost over the years. Bale, Shaw, Clyne, Walcott, Lallana, Mane to name but a few. They’ve had Ronald Koeman and Mauricio Pochettino in charge. Yet because of their small time mentality, they’ve lost them all. If the club had actually behaved correctly and more fitting of a PL club, theres a decent chance they’d have kept a lot of them. But if you’re a player or manager there seeing the club constantly moaning and complaining, and acting like a competition winner who actually belongs in League 1, then you’re naturally going to think “why am I wasting my time here?”.

Maybe with a different mindset they might have actually won more than the one paltry FA Cup they have (in 131 years of existence!). But then again, their club legend is a player who was too lazy, too comfortable, and too scared to ever bother testing himself at the highest level and stayed there for his entire career (albeit scoring a couple of decent goals along the way), so I guess that small time mentaility is ingrained in the club.
Smiddy (in before the “if we’re so average, how come Liverpool couldnt beat us last season” crowd….another example of their small club mentality!)

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I don't understand why Wenger is apparently after Mbappe for all the millions when he could have Belotti for £87m (I know he won't spend that money on any player this is all theoretical)

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bea Nanner posted:

Can we come up with a Sex Noise XI?

I can only offer Schlupp

Shittu

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Metro reporting Arsenal are confident of signing Mbappe. Someone post the picture please.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Whilst they are all amusing I wanted the metro chief sports reporter pic, the one with the haircut he apparently did himself.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Still can't believe he allowed himself to be photographed like this never mind be a man who is paid real money to write about football.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Obviously now that Mata is cool and good again Mou has to buy in a new scapegoat.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blue Star Error posted:

Its a squad game you really need at least two scapegoats

Shaw is first choice scapegoat.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Arsenal nearly signed XI is fully sick though

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sunday Mirror report Arsenal are bidding £125m for Mbappe :chloe:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
'The Sport Bible' on Facebook is claiming Lacazzette to Arsenal is a done deal and Mahrez to Arsenal will happen next week :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
How long until Mbappe to Mcrappe is a done deal?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Kitception.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The jaw that launched a thousand ships.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I thought that Aston Villa whatsapp announcement video regarding Terry was a parody, but it's an official club media thing :stare:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
More like Donnarunna amirite?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
They're also saying Giroud to Everton, if true sounds like Big Rom is off and the slowest strike partnership in premiership history is going to debut.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Der Shovel posted:

Really goes to show you where Rooney's priorities lie. Dude's already rich as gently caress, has the chance to finish his career at his boyhood club while possibly making a bid at World Cup 2018 if he gets regular play time and can regain his form (lol he can't) but he's loving it all up by demanding so much money that United would have to pay half of it for it to happen.

Rooney shouldn't be starting for any Premier League team.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As an Arsenal fan I'm not overly excited about Lacazette given the caveats about his record etc but Athletico Madrid wanted him before their ban and they're a better team than we are so I don't think he can be written off as a garbage man just yet.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

T Bowl posted:

Giroud has said he wants to stay so why would they sell? He is an amazing choice as a backup or against certain types of teams.

He might not want to stay when they tell him he isn't even going to make the bench in a World Cup year.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Akileese posted:

He only started 11 times last season and still has no issues making the French national team (or scoring goals for them). He had 18 sub appearances in the PL last year. As long as he keeps banging in goals at the rate he is for the NT they'll keep picking him regardless of his overall minutes at Arsenal.

Fair point although Big Weng has also said in the past he didn't want to have Benzema and Giroud in the same team as there could be a conflict of interest (lol) so he might tell him to pack his tighty whiteys.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Xhaka is a decent ball playing midfielder now Wenger realised he isn't a defensive midfielder. He and Ramsey had a good pairing at the end of the season which pains me because I'd rather sell Ramsey.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Dennis Bergkamp's first touch :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Scherloch posted:

I don't think Lukaku ever had a problem with Mourinho?

Lukaku missed a penalty and Mourinho never trusted him again, preferring an ancient Drogba.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gorn Myson posted:

I'd be kind of hesitant to blame Mourinho for his transfer, even though hes clearly a massive loving oval office, because Chelsea have a history of selling good youth prospects at a decent profit.

The difference with Lukaku though was unlike Matic and De Brunye, Marin etc he was bumming teams left right and centre in the premiership on loan before they got rid.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Chelsea have matched the £75m bid for Lukaku :pusheen:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just the price Koeman has to pay, he's been signalling Lukaku's departure for ages and copping hate for it. I doubt Ron rates Rooney but to refuse him could have scuppered the deal whilst angering idiots who are high on the nostalgia of it all.

£34m is the new £5m, disgustingly.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thought that was Diego Costa for a second there.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
How much was Sissoko again?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If Sissoko was £30m and the only decent thing he did in the 12 months prior to that fee was pretending to warm up on tv then Gylfi is worth £100m

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Who was it who used the private plane one club (Everton maybe?) had arranged for them to travel somewhere else and sign for a different club?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hadji murad posted:

what was the Herrera one from a couple years ago?

That was when United officials were negotiating with two people supposed to be representing Herrera who were actually nothing to do with Herrera.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Broken fax machine scuppering De Gea to Real Madrid was comedy.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Weng will hold him hostage rather than let him to go to a prem rival, and he'll have to see that loving dog banner every game for his final Arsenal season :laugh:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Better chance of winning silverware with Sanchez than without him, even if he wants to leave he will still play out of skin because he can't help himself. That's it really, rather see him score 30 goals this season and hopefully lift another trophy before leaving on a free than going to Man City for Kyle Walker money and smashing a hat trick into us twice a season for the next four seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Szczesney is apparently close to going to Juve. £10m. Arsenal loving suck at selling players.

Should keep him but won't start before Cech, he hasn't been in favour for years now, can't really demand top dollar for a guy you don't rate.

• Locked thread