Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Purely in terms of inflation, that Buffon fee is £50m today. Not accounting for soccernomics inflation, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Akileese posted:

David Ornstein is saying Arsenal's £6.8m signing of Henry Onyekuru are completely fabricated. He said he's heard nothing from the club and he's not even convinced they've bid for him.
No reputable source has reported it, I can believe that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Glad we won't have to see his dumb goal celebration in the Premier league

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How good is the new Bosnian defender that Arsenal signed? Because they got him on a free transfer and you'd think if he was any good a bigger team would have swooped for him.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's had a decent season, neither great nor awful. Think it's too soon to sell him. He's tied down and has room to grow.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

that was a very arsenal goal, he'll fit right in

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Looks like the premier league yugoslavia XI is filling up nicely

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wayne Rooney is better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Bit unfair comparing him to an injured man

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Literally can't think of any club that he'd go to. Bayern? Maybe United, for that reunification factor.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's no good at crossing, I don't know what that was all about. The only good crossers at Arsenal are Alexis and Ozil. Everybody else is piss.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

it should be bannable to post tancredi

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

sassassin posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Sanchez cross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoMPVbS0_y8

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Top teams sell good players. You see Barca and Madrid selling a lot of good players too. Good players play a bigger role at smaller clubs and get better stats. It's not a big deal.

also Chelsea won the league this year so what is this even about.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

30 of Lacazette's 37 goals were in France, so only 7 real goals

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ox, walcott and giroud should all get a move on. whatever the status quo is isn't really working for them

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lyon president says any deal with Arsenal would be "done for between €45m to €50m." Not quite the outlandish sums people have been bandying around

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

There are some fully sick YouTube videos of Calhanoglu's free kicks out there, check em out

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Frankston posted:

John Terry to Aston Villa is a done deal? I think?

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/881840731551391744
That was garbage then it was pretty amusing at the end

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I thought Donna was leaving this transfer window, how'd he end up renegotiating his contract at Milan? He's too good for them too

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is going to make it much harder for Everton to pip United to sixth place

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Where does he play? Is he an out-and-out striker or a forward who can play across the line?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If he's scored 10 penalties there's a decent chance Arsenal are gonna put him on pen duties. Not like anybody they have now is particularly reliable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

thread title needs to be changed, transfer window already looks good for champions league team manchester united

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Also have this video of Big Rom and Big Pog doing black people stuff

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/883625263724212224

The line from Lukaku is basically "see you at training tomorrow, mate"
that's a nice house

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

imagine getting paid to #banter

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

kcer posted:

lol I never noticed until I saw that Mata tweet but gently caress me Lukaku has some clown feet on him, no wonder he has a touch like an elephant
the proper term is foot like a traction engine

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Because he's good enough to be a 30-game player at teams not much worse than Arsenal

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It'd sting a bit more if he wasn't talking about being the champion of the loving french league

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's all about homegrown rules. You need to have a certain number of homegrown players. You literally can't compare the price of a non-English player to an English player.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PirateBob posted:

Where are we supposed to discuss the pre season games?

After watching 45 minutes of Lukaku against LA Galaxy I'm ready to conclude that we have bought the new £90m Emile Heskey. :eng99:
god let this be true

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is more or less the same situation as Robin van Persie a few years ago. He helped United to the title.

Arsenal shouldn't sell.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why don't better teams buy Icardi

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

the shine on that newcastle kit is ridiculous

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only people feeding that rumor is the Turkish club, whose president said the transfer was unlikely.

Wilshere is bad but not that bad, come on

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is crazy money and he's not even English

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Burning Rain posted:

if Mbappe is sold I'd wager there's a clause saying that he has to be loaned back to Monaco for the first season. he needs to play, and i'm not sure if he'd always be picked for the Real's starting XI, whereas Monaco would definitely benefit from him.
Nobody's signing a player for a record-breaking sum only to loan them back for a season, m8

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If I'm reading it right, this essentially means Qatar helps PSG pay for Neymar's transfer in exchange for Neymar doing some marketing work for the Qatar World Cup.

Why is this any more egregious than half the outrageous transfers out there?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This seems to be a problem with the way player contracts and release clauses are set up. If the clubs and authorities were really so bummed out about this it can't be that hard to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Do they not swap shirts at the regular El Clasico matches?

• Locked thread