Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

blue footed boobie posted:

Wengy's contract extension will be announced in Wednesday, following a board meeting on Tuesday, apparently.

He will be just like a new signing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

CyberPingu posted:

There really hasnt been a keeper worth that since then, and it tends to be that when one comes around the club hangs on to them...or "messes up the paper work" when a big club tries to buy them

We paid 25 million Euro for Neuer in 2011, which was a loving steal

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Supposedly Bayern are close to signing Corentin Tolisso from Lyon. Any Ligue 1 watchers here who've seen him play? What kind of player is he?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Well, that's a pretty decent signing I guess, but I hope this doesn't mean we've stopped going after Sanchez or any other high profile attacking players.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
loving lol at Juve paying 40 million for Costa

Good bit of business on our part

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bea Nanner posted:

D. Costa was good whenever I saw him?

Then you had the good fortune of only seeing the handful of games in which he actually was good and didn't see the dozens of others where he wasn't.

He's incredibly inconsistent and has absolutely no footballing brain. Yeah, he's really fast and has a great left foot (for shooting, not for crossing or passing), but that's literally it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bea Nanner posted:

That's fair, my sample size was very small. The pessimist in me says this is clearing the way for Sanchez.

It doesn't look like Bayern are signing Sanchez since he's asking for astronomical wages.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Antonio Rüdiger is apparently on his way to Chelsea according to di Marzio.

€33m plus a bonus of 5m, five year contract, medical is pending.

RIP his career

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

that's a lot of money for a garbageman

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

TheBigAristotle posted:

Man, he really fell off, huh? I don't follow the Bundesliga much, what happened?

He was good for half a season, then became poo poo. Not footballing brain whatsoever, he can only run fast and score the occasional screamer.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2017/07/presseerklaerung-fc-bayern-verpflichtet-james-rodriguez?shortURL=JmsRdrgz

Bayern have loaned Hamish Rodriguez from Real for 2 years with an option to buy him afterwards

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

Not really the player we need but A Good Transfer nonetheless

Yeah, my thinking exactly. With Costa all but gone and Gnabry probably being loaned out, we need another winger (which James kind of is I guess?). Plus the same thing we've been needing for three years now, another striker so Lewandowski doesn't have to play literally every single game, but I've given up hope on that ever happening.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

When you poo poo it up in Turkey where's the next stop? Greece? china?

MLS

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dortmund have said that this is all bollocks and that there's been no contact with Barca in 9 days (when they submitted their initial offer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

oliwan posted:

isn't that just Rooney with a wig

actually it's the Metro guy with the hair if he was in shape

• Locked thread