Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mou loves him a defensively reliable winger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy's contract extension will be announced in Wednesday, following a board meeting on Tuesday, apparently.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 28, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are supposedly going to offer Ozil and Sanchez 280k a week contracts

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

I'd never heard of Ryan Sessegnon until I just now googled "liverpool sessegnon transfer rumor" and before that I was really confused about why Tottenham and Liverpool were in a bidding war for Stephane Sessegnon.

Same.

Also Arsenal are supposedly signing Henry Onyekuru, a 19 year old Nigerian striker who scored some goals for a team fighting relegation in the Belgian league.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

shut up blegum posted:

As someone who watches the Belgian League: KAS Eupen, the team he's currently playing for, is linked to some academy in Qatar, the Aspire Academy. They stall a ton of players there and they're not all scrubs. Onyekuru scored 22 goals this season and Eupen wasn't really fighting relegation, they finished 13th.
I rate him, but I'm not sure he'll slot right into Arsenal, but we'll see I guess. He's only 19 too, so there's still a lot of progression there.

He good.

Thank you Belge.

Agree that he's going to have a tough time getting a work permit, though. I think he has to qualify as an exceptional talent or whatever if he doesn't have any international caps.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ultrabindu posted:

Does Belgium have a different naturalisation process? Has he been in the country long enough?
Seems like they might have tracked him during his time at Aspire and just waited to see how he turned out. Just short of £7m seems like a bit much though.

IDK specifically about Belgium, but the UK has more stringent requirements than a lot of the EU countries. That's why you see players who can't get work permits in the UK loaned out to clubs in Spain and Portugal. Arsenal have run into this problem with a bunch of players.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

David Ornstein is saying Arsenal's £6.8m signing of Henry Onyekuru are completely fabricated. He said he's heard nothing from the club and he's not even convinced they've bid for him.

He's been saying a lot the last couple days. Apparently Arsenal have issues with the size of their wage bill, and will need to sell to buy anyone. Also apparently just stopped negotiating with Ozil and Sanchez while they sorted out Wengy's contract situation? In any case it looks like they could easily lose both, and will be trying to replace them late in the window if they go. What I'm saying here is that this could be a pretty disastrous summer for the Arse.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jason Sextro posted:

Raiola says Marseille and Dortmund are both interested in Mario Balotelli. I'd love to see him at Marseille, but of course, we're unlikely to offer CL football any time soon. Still, anyone who can get under PSG's skin like that...

He should stay at Nice. He's just gotten his career back in track. Plus Nice are my best French team and I have loved them for many years.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie posted:

He's been saying a lot the last couple days. Apparently Arsenal have issues with the size of their wage bill, and will need to sell to buy anyone. Also apparently just stopped negotiating with Ozil and Sanchez while they sorted out Wengy's contract situation? In any case it looks like they could easily lose both, and will be trying to replace them late in the window if they go. What I'm saying here is that this could be a pretty disastrous summer for the Arse.

Wengy out.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Theres a few newcastle transfers probably about to happen. £15m for gibbs, £8m for florian lejeune and caballero on a free. Lejeune's had his release clause met

Seems fair enough for Gibbs. He's a solid left back when he's healthy enough to play.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

the healthy enough to play is a big problem though. he's 27 and former arsenal youth and hasn't even played 150 league games

To be fair he was only first choice for a year or two. He does get injured a lot, but it's not like he's a permacrock.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

If this is true, somebody needs to get Yaya Sanogo on a free

He was bad as well as injured.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I've always wanted a big Eastern European hardman.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope the London Gunners sign Alexis Sanchez to a contract extension

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weaponized Cum posted:

Doesn't he want like 300k a week?

Yeah that's fine.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

he should go to a good team who win things

Yeah, but I hope he doesn't.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The Sun claiming Bellerin has agreed terms with Barca ahead of a £50m move :britain:

Can't argue with that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

lol Arsenal should snap their hands off for 1/4 of that.

Arsenal will refuse to sell him, then Bellerin won't develop at all and will be sold for 1/4th of the price in 3 years.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is there actually any bite to a tapping up penalty? I thought it was usually just a fine that's insignificant in terms of these clubs.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Healbot posted:

Clubs can be barred from registering players for up to several transfer windows.

That has to be for repeated violations though, right? Iirc Chelsea only got a fine for tapping up Ashley Cole in public.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sign him up Wengy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Aldo, Nick clegg to unemployment is a done deal

Yaya Sanogo, too. Lol he got a lot of playing time at Arsenal and was their only healthy striker at one point.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Guardian is saying United are close to signing Morata. That's both fake and gay.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blue Star Error posted:

Norwich are loaning Arsenal's Polish defender Krystian Bielik, further stretching our incredible lead at the top of the transfer table.

That's a good loan signing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Der Shovel posted:

The Premier League have now confirmed Zlatan has been released.

I hope the club still support his recovery.

I always love seeing the list of released players every year. Here it is:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/414631?sf86805509=1

You could put together a decent team there. I also didn't realize that City were just releasing Clichy and Navas.

PirateBob posted:

Also any good striker would have got a similar amount of goals. He didn't singlehandedly do poo poo, except win us the League Cup. He missed tons of chances.

Bad opinion.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Reprisal posted:

Zlatan assembled the same "rip up the minnows and struggle against the best" performances last campaign that he'd produced for the last couple seasons at PSG. Ibra is (was) a good striker, but he was also 35, walking around the pitch and poaching goals, not commanding big games

His match winning goals came against the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Leicester, Blackburn, and St. Etienne. Ibra scored 17 league goals and missed 18 "big chances" according to premierleague.com. Romelu Lukaku scored 25 goals and missed 8 by comparison.

Manchester United would absolutely have put more points on the board had they started Rashford every game he was fit and brought Ibra on as a second option. Picking up Morata is great business for them.

You're an insane person.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Reprisal posted:

and that said Sissoko was terrible when you were all gushing over him during the Euros.

Van Gaal had Martial and Rashford netting frequently. Mourinho destroyed their confidence and installed a rich man's Peter Crouch. and then played him for full 90s for months on end in two different competitions. THAT's insane.

Would you say Rashford is hungry? Do you envision him eating some sort of sandwich?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Porto's Andre Silva was photographed with Jorge Mendes at Milan's training facility today, apparently it's all done but the announcement, €38m.

Seems a bit weird to see Milan spending money

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jason Sextro posted:

PSG will probably lose Verratti to Barcelona but on the plus side, it sounds like they just gave Thiago Motta another one-year extension!

Please no

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ospina was going to go to Fenerbahce, but now he's not.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Everyone should back off and respect Arsenal's god given right to drastically overpay Sanchez because they're poo poo and couldn't possibly find an adequate replacement.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What is a Victor Lindelof?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

It's getting ridiculous. For €40m extra we could get the brightest young striker talent instead of "probably pretty decent" Morata. But Mbappe is probably holding out for a move to Real anyway, which we and PSG will bankroll by overpaying for Morata and Hamez :eng99:

Morata is a very good player, OP.

Also, Donnarumma has apparently refused to re-sign with Milan, and I'm excited to see him become the most expensive goalkeeper ever.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

the aberdeen manager has decided to stay there after talking to sunderland

lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This seems like a lot of money, especially for Everton

African AIDS cum posted:

What an ugly freak

Average Englishman. I bet he engages in their national pastime of child molestation, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
PSG would be the way to go for Ronald. He could bang in 40 goals a season until he's 40 because it's a garbage league and add a bunch of bush league winners' medals to his collection.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Simone Poodoin posted:

Oh so they switched up the yearly "Messi is totally really leaving Barca this time you guys :ohdear:"

Ronald throwing a poo poo fit and leaving Spain does seem like something that could happen, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lol Raiola is such a piece of poo poo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

So it seems every single newspaper is reporting the Ronaldo story and Jorge Mendes is apparently shopping around for a club for him. I don't even know what available players would be able to cover such a loss for Madrid

There really is no one player who doesn't play at Barcelona. You'll probably have to buy a more prolific striker and a winger who can score a buncha goals to get back to where you were.

Of course Ronald was getting old, and you would have had to do this in a year or two, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He's probably off. As far as I can tell Arsenal haven't even tried to negotiate his contract. That's a thing Arsenal do from time to time.

• Locked thread