Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

Do you think Arsenal should try to keep him?

As long as he isn't demanding Janusaj money. He's good on the wings,and did well enough when played as a wingback towards the end of the year. He hasn't grown much as a player, and doesn't seem to have the brain to play in central midfield like he wants, but he's a solid player who can fill in at several different positions if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

So you're saying he'll be a good player as soon as he leaves Arsenal?

Actually a lot of these players pick up permanent injury problems from years of mismanagement.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Oxlade Chamberlain is already a good player who is worth having. What's he supposed to be developing into, Zinedine Zidane?

He's always been really reliant on his pace and workrate. People hoped he might be able to do things other than run fast after 6 years.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

He's no good at crossing, I don't know what that was all about. The only good crossers at Arsenal are Alexis and Ozil. Everybody else is piss.

This is accurate. He also loses the ball in possession a lot for a guy who is supposedly good at dribbling.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

Welp, guess he has no redeeming features at all. Send him to the glue factory.

He's fast and runs a lot!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

track day bro! posted:

Who will sign Fantastic Arsenal Prospect YaYa Sanogo?

He said he wants to play in Ligue 1, but he's probably not good enough for that tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sarah is supposedly going to have a medical at Liverpool.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thirteenth Step posted:

What position does she play?

I've heard she's good in the hole

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

wow Jazz hands was sold for only 9 million pounds; his weekly wage

I thought he turned out to be really poo poo? Seems like a lot.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Januzaj will never accomplish anything. He peaked when he took that girl to Nandos.

I love that article because it heavily implies that he banged her out in a hotel after he took her to Nando's.

E: annoyed that Liverpool signed a good player.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

Can we come up with a Sex Noise XI?

I can only offer Schlupp

Banana Yaya. Mostly the surname, but maybe the first, depending on what you're into.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Metro reporting Arsenal are confident of signing Mbappe. Someone post the picture please.

It's happening.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sphyre posted:

How can Arsenal sign Mbappe when he's as good as signed for Liverpool already? :thunk:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/878219249583439875

We are all signing Mbappe this summer, my friend.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kcer posted:

is this is a comment on Chelsea's incompetence or are you saying it's generally good practise to buy players who seem a bit poo poo in the hopes they're actually really good

Seems to be generally good practice to buy Chelsea's castoffs tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Too bad for Mbappe that Arsenal favor Lacazette over him. :negative:

Actually, I think you'll find that we're signing both Mbappe and Lacazette.

Don't really know what to think of Lacazette. I've only seen him play a few times, but I'm not exactly impressed by a dude who scored some goals in Ligue 1. And Giroud starts over him for the French national team. I'm also wondering if he's meant to be an Alexis replacement.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

30 of Lacazette's 37 goals were in France, so only 7 real goals

Baftembi Gomis scored 20 goals in Ligue 1 this year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lukaku is better than Costa was when Costa was his age.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Swansea have apparently rejected a £27m bid by Everton for Gylfi

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Whoa that happened very quickly. Seems weird that Chelsea would sell to United just like that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Who did Chelsea sign to upgrade on Matic?

Matic again in 2019.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

its because he's really good and wasted at arsenal

This is accurate.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jason Sextro posted:

didier deschamps, a better manager than wenger? checks out op

but in the last two years he's had 14 goals in 19 matches, one of the best runs for a French striker pretty much ever.

He's quite good if you just smash balls into the goal off his forehead and don't expect him to outrun any defenders.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Reminder that Ever Banega:

(a) Ran himself over with his own car

(b) Was caught masturbating on a webcam

(c) Had his ferrari burst into flames while on his way to training

(d) Showed up to training drunk

(e) Rules.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Buncha places saying that Arsenal have made a bid for Thomas Lemar.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Phwoar I love this time of year. Arsenal making endless low ball bids and getting gazumped by other clubs. Riveting stuff.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

What slightly-above-average Frenchman are you expecting to end up with?

I want Arsenal to sign Alexis Sanchez and a good manager.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Alexis told the press he's made a decision about his future, but can't tell the press, presumably until the confederations cup is over.

So that's him off, then.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Barca always make the weirdest moves when they're not making mega signings.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Alexis Sanchez posted:

“Right now, I am focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished, I will see if I stay or if I go. I don’t know. It’s clear [in my mind] but I can’t tell you anything.”

So he wants out, but doesn't know if Arsenal will let him leave. This is fake and gay.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lacazette to Arsenal is apparently almost done, and will be a club record fee.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Are you actually convinced by him though? He looks good for Lyon but it's the French league. And his goal stats include a few dozen penalties.

I don't know enough about him to make a distinction one way or the other, but yeah, he was in A Bad League and scored a bunch of penalties.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thirteenth Step posted:

arsenal are paying a lot of money for a striker who has nearly the same goals per game as giroud but in an inferior league

it's mad alright op

Giroud starts over him for the French team :thumbsup:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I like having Ox around, but he must want an absolute ton of money if Arsenal are just done negotiating with him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

That being said I'm with Ninpo, I don't think it's a controversial opinion to expect a player to be better at 23 than at 16, especially after playing first-team football at the highest level for most of that time (and at two different clubs, both supposedly renowned for developing youth talent).

I mean, he has improved. He just hasn't become world class.

Also, on the topic of players improving in their mid-20's, I remember Xabi Alonso getting a lot better at around 25.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lots of random sources popping up now saying that Sanchez is staying. Please.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lots of stuff going around about Costa going back to Atletico and sitting out until their transfer ban is over.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

So I dont have a clue what else Arsenal will go for. A real striker is a godsend, so I can't complain. Moving to 3 at that back should necessitate another defender, but I bet Wenger will count on Mertesacker to fill in the gaps. It really all lies on Sanchez, I guess.

e: I don't like the trend of buying last year's targets the following year. It's great to have Lacazette now, but he would have been a hell of a lot more useful last summer.

Number one need is a central midfielder. That was the biggest weakness all of last season after Cazorla went down, and now he's actually dead.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Big Rom will be a good signing for the Manchester Uniteds

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/valenciacf_en/status/883377129886535680

Wonder if Sczezezezney to Juve will now follow this move

I hope not OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

I was talking to people today who suggested that either United or Chelsea (not sure which is funnier) should consider going for Harry Kane instead of Lukaku.

Because, you know, Spurs are so desperate to sell their best player, and Harry Kane wants to leave his boyhood club for their rivals or a team they've finished above for the last two years.

He'll be begging to leave when Chelsea and/or United pony up their petrol dollars and/or official paint sponsor dollars.

• Locked thread