Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

Why would Sterling accept that deal though (apart from the rumours of him wanting to relocate to London)

London, cushy gig with no pressure, and I'm sure City could tell him to gtfo if they want Sanchez that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

He left us (where he was the number 1 guy) to go and win the league with City. I can't see him giving that up after what, three seasons? to go and do gently caress all at Arsenal.

Sure, but I'm sure that if Pep were to tell him he wasn't going to play after they signed Sanchez it would change his mind.

e: Or pep could just tell him they're going to the park and then drive him to London Colney, push him out the door, and drive away like a dog he doesn't want.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 29, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

With a team made up of noted white people Ederson, Kompany, Walker, Mendy, Danilo, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus, Sane, TWO Silvas, Fernandino, Danilo, and Alexis Sanchez if this deal happens, I completely agree.

Pep is cool with beige people and also brown people, but only if the brown people are from South America.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
BBC says Arsenal have rejected a £50m bid by City for Sanchez

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'd obviously try to bleed City for as much as I can get, but I'd take 50. Alexis could spend the whole season sulking for all we know, and I'd like to clear out as many unhappy players as possible at this point.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao and also lmao at the fact that Wengy went out of his way to play him at RWB on Sunday.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Libertine posted:

Why doesn't Arsenal just play him at CM and see how it goes? He can't possibly be any worse than Ramsey was this weekend.

The transfer drama is hilarious though.

The fact that he wants to play at CM is mystifying. Of all the positions he can realistically play, it's probably where he is at his worst.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

yah right winger is the only really promising position i see him in, and the fact that walcott is still the better option there says it all

Ironically I think he's probably best at rwb, just not when he's desperate to leave because he's being played at rwb.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

The best thing in the world would be if he went to Liverpool and they played him at RWB.

I mean his career is probably going to be him bouncing around to places where he thinks he'll play centrally, being pushed out right, leaving, and repeating the cycle.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Reprisal posted:

if anyone can teach the Ox how to defend, it's Pulis

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Lol Arsenal. That's I got. I would be worried that I'm not sure what Arsenal's plan is, but it is super obvious now that Kroenke is going to do a massive salary dump on this team just like he has any time one of his teams 'fail to achieve'. This is going to be an amazing Arsenal season. Wenger will be the (desrved) fall guy. Josh Kroenke will then try to 'money ball' in the EPL and this will lead to even more hilarity. I'm hype.

I really have no idea what to think. Even a salary dump wouldn't make sense because Arsenal aren't losing money, unless they're just planning to be poo poo for the foreseeable future. That is possible now that I think about it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MrBling posted:

Sky are now saying that City have bid £55m + £5m for Alexis Sanchez.

I'm gonna do an lol when Arsenal sell Sanchez at the last minute

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I honestly don't think Arsenal's squad is that bad on paper. The problem is more the manager and the fact that everyone wants to leave. A Good Manager, a competent central midfielder, and now a right back I guess would actually result in a somewhat competitive team imo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

It's worse on paper than any of the clubs Arsenal pretends to compete against

hard to argue with this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PST posted:

Next Summer's explosion of 'How could we let Sanchez go for free' from Arsenal fansites/forums will be peak schadenfreude. Technically January as that's when he'll probably agree to go to City, assuming PSG don't swoop in with a 20+ million a year salary offer.

Yeah it was a dumb idea, and I'm annoyed that we kept him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/903307511272529920

:negative:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Im melting down real hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie