Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool fandom: middling highs, terrible lows, and having authoritative statements blow up in your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The VVD and Keita sagas have eroded almost all confidence fans could have that Liverpool can find a replacement for Coutinho and get him signed in time. Not only did Liverpool dangle out fees that would have been club records to no avail, but the rumors of links to other players have completely dried up. I don't think that's all down to the supposed post-Van Dijk leak clampdown.

Also, Klopp seems Wenger-like in his belief that you shouldn't sign someone unless you're certain he will be an improvement and not just be the same as what you already have. That's normally admirable, but especially given Lallana's recent injury, losing Coutinho permanently puts Liverpool one more injury away from a season-stalling midfield crisis. Without Coutinho, the midfield can get pretty uninspired, as Can, Wijnaldum and Henderson seem to overlap in all the wrong ways if you put them all together.

Maybe Liverpool fans should just be used to this by now, but it'd be nice not to follow a season when real progress has been made by multiple disjointed shitshow seasons again.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
There's the whole rest of the month for Coutinho's relationship with Liverpool to deteriorate, Gorn.

What's the situation with Dembele at Dortmund? Is he agitating and turning Barca's bid for him into a soap opera too?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Do you really only get one chance with Barca?

I still don't see why they're fixated on Coutinho. Aren't there other great attacking midfielders out there from clubs that actually stay in the CL?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

paddyboat posted:

Coming from China

Hasn't he had a resurgence with the Brazil national team?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Why the gently caress would Liverpool not sell Coutinho for loving €120m, he's worth like a third of that. Serious posting, but Seri and Lemar would both be like €90m combined and Liverpool would end up with a better team and more money in the bank???

Will Monaco sell?

Liverpool has been offering to throw money around but no one seems to want to sell. Maybe that's a failure on Liverpool's recruitment setup but that's how it seems to be unfolding right now.

Also, Barca haven't broken anything close to the €100m barrier yet. They turned Coutinho's head and got him to put in the transfer request to make him available and drive the price down.

You could also ask why Dortmund haven't sold Dembele yet either, but the fees people keep mentioning haven't actually been formally offered yet.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Seri has a release clause of €40m according to Nice president

Liverpool are probably too incompetent to know about Seri.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Walh Hara posted:

Why does nobody want Mahrez? If Liverpool do end up selling Coutinho for 100 mil they could use a part of that to get him and still have enough left for Lemar or something.

Assuming that he isn't just a one season wonder deep down, he was always in danger of being labeled as such if he didn't follow through after winning the league with Leicester with another great season. Last season, he was apparently pretty abject, so now most people probably believe he's shown his real level and is not a quality player worth spending money on.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jason Sextro posted:

He can join the list of players PSG has successfully developed, such as

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went on to win 2 trophies with Manchester United after developing his game at PSG. Learn your history, son.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool seem to be linked with Jean Seri now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/liverpool-jean-seri-nice-midfielder

He has chilblains, though, which makes it sound like English weather might be really bad for him.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Apparently Barca and Dortmund have agreed a 90m fee for Dembele

What source are you looking at? I only see this story coming from thebMirror ajd the Sun.

If this is accurate, is it 90 million GBP or Euros? It seems like Dortmund were valuing Dembele at around 135 million Euros so either way this is a big price drop if true. Then again, thr Mirror says Dortmund is trying to put on about 30,000,000 in add-ons as well.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
An entire continent and the only good Centre Back is in prison in southern England. European football is dead.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The fees people are throwing around for Coutinho include all the add-ons being triggered. Those add-ons, which total up to more than 25% of the 114 million GBP fee people are referring to (more than 30,000,000 GBP) reportedly include:

-Barcelona winning the CL
-Coutinho winning the Balon D'Or

I think the bid has a ways to go before Liverpool should bite Barca's hand off, given how dependent they otherwise are on Coutinho.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Matuidi for 20M is a good bit of business, it's not as if he's especially reliant on being pacey and French holding midfielders age like fine wine.

I can't wait until that deal turns out to be Juventus' stopgap measure before an annoying campaign for Emre Can.

Or it could turn out that Can doesn't sign a contract extension and he leaves on a free next summer.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

JFairfax posted:

i like that liverpool are telling barca to gently caress off, but can't help but get the feeling this is going to backfire horribly once couthino gets injured or stops giving a gently caress about playing for liverpool

It probably will end badly for everyone, but I'm trying to enjoy it for now.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Ibra will come back and be kick-rear end. It's what he does. Anyone who doubts he can produce the goods is a fool.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

This is a weird move. Didn't he actually do well in Spain last year?

Yes, but he's still facing a long doping ban, from what I've read. He's too big of a risk for any club that isn't absolutely desperate.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/08/sami-nasri-manchester-city-limbo

I'm surprised he didn't go to China.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

TheBigAristotle posted:

They should just take the deal, even with the incentives, sign Draxler, move on.

I want more details. If it's anything like the first 3 bids, it'll be something like 80 million pounds spread out over 5 yearly installments and conditional 30-50,000,000 in highly unlikely incentives like winning Double and/or Trebles and also winning a Balon D'Or.

I'm pretty sure FSG will say no.

I blame Neymar.

EDIT: Also realized that this is timed right before Liverpool's home leg against Hoffenheim. You have to hand it to Barca. They're definitely timing the bids for maximum disruption.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 23, 2017

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Draxler is available so just sign him for 40m or whatever and bank almost 100m

Maybe it's all paper talk, but Draxler's agent says Draxler doesn't want to leave and other reports seem to indicate PSG want to hold on to Draxler a bit longer.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3182594/julian-draxler-not-interested-in-leaving-paris-saint-germain-agent

The whole situation sucks.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Manc Hill posted:

I hope the Coutinho transfer rumbles on until the last day of the window in fact until hours after the window closes causing maximum disruption with wild claims and counter claims, causing rifts and bad blood in Liverpool's dressing room and boardroom and among the fans which has repercussions for months to come.

Whether he stays or goes I couldn't give a steamy shite :D :D :D

Barcelona haven't even put in a new formal bid yet either. Imagine how spicy it gets once details can actually be confirmed.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/bulijournal/status/900746261455937537

I can't wait for this to be bolded so I can stop hearing about it.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Arsenal will be fine. They always are.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

Which team do you support

The shittiest one. Lmao.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
It might be a bit early to call this, but it looks more and more like Emre Can will run down his contract with Liverpool.

Vyelkin (or is it Cheese?) will be happy, but I will be very sad.

http://www.football-italia.net/108829/marotta-howedes-schick-and-can

There are also some little nuggets for the Serie A crew in that article too.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
PSG are horrific. I bet this is the year they finally win the CL through the willpower and theatrics of Neymar.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Weren't Mustafi, Elneny, and Gabriel all signings based upon the stats company that Kroenke owns and gets paid several million pounds every year for 'service rendered'? I mean if Mustafi were to be sold, fine whatever Arsenal will be lucky to finish 10th at this rate. Maybe Mustafi sees the writing on the wall? gently caress who doesn't? This implosion is going to be awesome.

I feel like we have this conversation every year about Arsenal. If their version of a big implosion is just a couple of years outside the CL before a long overdue overhaul happens, then welcome to the roster of formerly relevant clubs with annoying fans.

Liverpool are still ruling this perch though, so know your drat role.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
So I need to wait until 2018 to see Keita do a lean? Liverpool will probably forget to do some paperwork and it will fall through hilariously.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I wonder if a delayed deal like this has come up to make a Coutinho transfer happen too. Or are Barca too arrogant to look that far?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Diva Cupcake posted:

Meh. Offer 80m for VVD.

You're pretty optimistic that Southampton will break down to sell to Liverpool. Liverpool had to "end all interest" due to the tapping up scandal and the big ITK on SaintsWeb says the club are going through all kinds of contortions to try not to sell to Liverpool (although Liverpool are definitely the closest to Saints' valuation for Van Dijk).

I don't see it happening. There's too much fan anger and some very good club discipline reasons for Saints not to sell.

Strawman posted:

Pierce, Joyce, Reddy, Hunter and King generally get leaks from LFC, so those are the ones to watch out for. Bascombe used to get stuff but got cut off.

I like Rory Smith a lot, but I don't know if he lets himself be used as a mouthpiece often enough to get the "ITK" scoops.

Tony Evans used to be really clued in, but I think he lost his best sources once FSG took over Liverpool. Now he goes on really convoluted anti-FSG rants and it's kind of sad.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

it's real dumb that VVD was seemingly the only CB we were even looking at

On the flip side, maybe it's good that Liverpool are concentrating on someone who they strongly believe will be an improvement. Otherwise, changes are Liverpool will ruin any new guy just like they ruined so many other defenders.

I mean, remember when Lovren was going to fix everything?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/jamie-carragher-exclusive-dejan-lovren-7552212

quote:

Loud, commanding, an organiser and a leader - all the qualities that suggest Lovren is more than capable of making the step up from Southampton to the even bigger stage of Liverpool.

At the same time, I acknowledge that I'd feel more comfortable if more players were available once the inevitable injury crisis kicks in.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

greazeball posted:

let it go, Jen

I don't threaten to send people poop in the mail. I just send poop in the mail.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

PirateBob posted:

Why did Alexis ever sign for Arsenal in the first place :thunk: Coming from Barcelona and being known as a pretty great player he must have had a few options.

I read some chatter that his family preferred living in London.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Man City are going to end up with an all white starting 11 by next August, aren't they?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

English players are obsessed with playing CM for some reason, maybe because they are tactically stupid and have been told since they were 5 years old that they're Roy of the Rovers

Steven Gerrard Syndrome :smith:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

wicka posted:

The idea that Liverpool are choosing between Lemar or Ox is easily the craziest thing about this window.

Maybe they're going for both?

Lmao

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Barcelona have apparently got involved with Lemar with the express purpose of loving over Liverpool.

Cunts.

From what I understand, Sport is the original source of this rumor and it's otherwise unsubstantiated. Save your meltdown fuel for when Liverpool put in their regular 2-0 loss to a club in the relegation zone.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

bewbies posted:

liverpool should probably respond by trying to unsettle mascherano and then buy him back on the cheap. he's still good, right?

Mascherano is still good from what I've seen, but the guy is 33 and his wages are probably very high. I don't think bringing him back for Klopp-ball is going to work.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Time for me, a native Scouser, to blast this at high volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMrDu7374Y

In all seriousness, though, I'd be very surprised if anything happened after this. Lemar is kind of a pipe dream and Southampton hate Liverpool too much for a VVD move to happen.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

do liverpool even need coutinho anymore he'd not get in the first choice lineup

The game against Palace showed that Liverpool have the same problems against sides that sit back and primarily defend. The midfield otherwise has a lot of running power in it, but not much of that playmaking ability you need when sides opt to stay compact instead of coming out to play in an open, expansive fashion.

Anyway, in almost every instance, Coutinho still starts as he is a tricky, crafty player who is good at set pieces.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

https://twitter.com/LesVerts/status/903034262877863936

Mahrez has been authorised to leave Algeria's camp while he finalises a move to a new club

Place your bets

https://twitter.com/juanjimenista/status/903019913333415936

I want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blinkz0rz posted:

I'd fancy Mahrez at Spurs. He'd be a good substitute for Lamela.

Is Lamela still injured? Did he play any of the summer friendlies?

• Locked thread