Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Liverpool have signed a 19 year old I've never heard of: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/30/liverpool-to-sign-dominic-solanke-after-striker-turns-back-on-chelsea-england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

If they're spending £70m on 1 player, might as well re-approach Southampton about VVD. Generating goals isn't really the problem.

It absolutely was the problem, we were incredibly ineffective against teams who just set up in two banks of four and played for the counter. We just didn't have a player who could consistently create something from nothing and so everybody had to get involved further and further up the pitch, the tension got higher and higher, the defense got more and more exposed and conceding always felt inevitable last year.

We obviously missed Sane bigly when he was out but we also missed Henderson who would at least look for some sort of ball over or behind the defense. I don't know anything about this new guy, but if he can keep Can on the bench then it'll be a definite improvement. I can't remember who said it here but Can looks a lot better against teams who try to play through midfield because he is good at closing down and tackling. When teams play over the top of him, he can't turn and he's got no pace. Furthermore, when teams are attacking us he can just hit it long to somebody on a break, but when they sit back and kick it long he gets a lot of time on the ball where he'll either pass sideways, try one dribble too many or just give the ball away.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/chris_ultrabeat/status/882880408207204352

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Keita's lashing out, best to just let him go imho

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/footage-of-liverpool-targets-training-ground-foul-has-emerged-135110

but that was pretty nasty

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

I wonder how Uefa/Fifa will react to the Neymar transfer. Obviously they can't stop that transfer or try to undo it, but surely they will implement some new rules to prevent stuff like that from happening again. The only question is, how do you stop that? Maybe a cap on the transfer sum for one player, or a max amount a club can spend in one transfer window would work? But that's probably also a lovely solution so I don't know, I just don't know.

Didn't PSG technically sign him on a free though?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

MrBling posted:

They tried and then the russian billionaire that owns them got divorced, so they suddenly had a lot less money to throw around.

That's gonna happen to Chelsea now too :unsmigghh:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/dollar9bn-roman-abramovich-divorce-could-be-britains-biggest-ever

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

If there are so many obvious replacements/improvements for Coutinho out there, you'd think Barcelona might be going after one of them, too

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

I wouldn't want 24m for Evans. Hopefully he stays instead of riding the man city pine for his prime years.

BBC says you're in for Sakho for £30m, could be your replacement

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40974062

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

We have agreed to sign Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich for €15m.

Seems to have scored a boatload but I'm guessing the swiss league is a pretty poor standard and even the highlights real manages to make him look a bit poo poo!

The Swiss League is excruciatingly bad, and FC Zurich were in the 2nd tier last year so you got rinsed... 15 mil lmao

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

c0burn posted:

I like our tactic of not doing anything about defenders

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

can't wait for the pound to crash and the fee ends up over 100m when Liverpool actually pay Leipzig in a year's time

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Brony Car posted:

I like Rory Smith a lot, but I don't know if he lets himself be used as a mouthpiece often enough to get the "ITK" scoops.

Tony Evans used to be really clued in, but I think he lost his best sources once FSG took over Liverpool. Now he goes on really convoluted anti-FSG rants and it's kind of sad.

let it go, Jen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ultrabindu posted:

God bless this day of days

• Locked thread