Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hello, please read the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Paperhouse posted:

City have signed a new Silva for lots of money, apparently he's really good but now that he plays for City I will be consistently referring to him as a garbageman, please join me

Hell, the stats don't lie, a poor man's Suso

https://twitter.com/LethalSuso/status/868071232067031040

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hoops posted:

Suso never showed anything for Liverpool that indicated he was more than a journeyman player, he seemed to be one of those dime-a-dozen La Masia kids that were around a few years ago. But to be fair he was only 18 or so when he was playing, if he's playing regularly for Milan now I'm glad.

Suso is good on a team full of crap because he's individually skilled. If Milan actually sign some good players we'll find out if he's actually as good as his numbers make him out to be.

Deulofeu is exactly the same in my opinion. Speaking of, he's supposedly going back to Barcelona.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Are things that bad at Roma? I don't know why he would leave now that he'd finally be free of Totti-related issues if he stayed.

I actually think that Inter is just offering a better deal. No CL but a lot of freedom and already a pretty decent set of players. Their problem was absolutely management this year, if he can get the team motivated they'll be just fine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fucks sake

That is a terrible replacement unless Roma plan on playing Milan every game of the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hoops posted:

Don't really want Salah

He's really really good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Healbot posted:

GG would've killed himself if it wasn't for Donnarumma saving Milans season, so Hegav is correct.

This is canon.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Nope.donnarumma is great, is better at crosses, but ederson is incredibly fast off the line,can play with both feet and do poo poo like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DxZs8i57I
That's a 80 meter goalkick assist straight into Jimenez ,there is no gk in the word that can do that on a consistent basis like Ederson does.

This is pretty great but Donnarumma is 5 years younger and nobody knows if he can do that because Montella makes him play the ball to the center backs. I would imagine neither of us has watched the "other" keeper enough to make a real unbiased guess as to who's better.

In any case I'm glad there is a good Brazilian keeper again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Perisic is pretty great, please take him away from Inter.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Roma have to make like €30m in sales by June 30 to meet FFP regulations, so it still seems likely that Salah will be sold to Liverpool. Maybe if Inter end up buying Rudiger for a lot of money soon it would complicate things from Liverpool's perspective.

They wont have a problem; they could probably get this much for the various clowns they have on loan (Iturbe, Doumbia, Castan) without even selling any first team players. I can imagine they'll hold Inter over the fire for some absurd fee as well, especially since Spalletti just signed for them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big Ricky Rodriguez passed his Milan medical and the deal should be finalized soon. Quite happy with that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PirateBob posted:

Morata has agreed to join United according to pretty reliable sources. He'll cost like £60m. Looks more like a £40m player but okay.

Not a super brilliant buy, but we could be doing worse. I've barely watched him play though. Any La Liga fans here who can tell us about him?

When he played for Juventus the season before he was great. Created and scored plenty of chances. Only reason he's not a bang on starter is because Benzema is holding Zidane's wife hostage and the other two in front are Ronaldo and Bale.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Does Rooney still start for England? I'd imagine he'd be doing everything possible to get a consistent starting position rather than just making GBS threads it up on the bench.

Speaking of making GBS threads it up, Montolivo is apparently getting thrown out :getin:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wayne Rooney is better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Lmao

Paperhouse posted:

10 years ago maybe

Even bigger lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Seems a bit weird to see Milan spending money

4th signing and its not even mid June. It's great.

Also who is that guy, is he good?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

Are your talking about Lovre Kalinic? If so, don't buy him. He's very good and I'd like to keep him at my club tia

Nikola Kalinic from Fiorentina. With the Andre Silva deal happening I don't know if that will happen though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan already has a few wingers, he's going to play in the middle I would hope. Agreed that it's a lot of money for a prospectively good player. It doesn't matter as the team will be insolvent at the end of the season though.

Maybe that's the plan, buy all these pretty good players now and then sell them all next season after a hopeful CL qualification in some sort of proto-Juve plusvalenze scheme.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think he's pretty good at shooting too, though I'm sure some advanced stats will prove me wrong.

He's great imo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Can we change the thread title

What would you like it to be

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

"This transfer window looks super depressing for Man United so far" - PirateBob, June 3rd.

:bisonyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If they weren't smiling you'd think this was a prison warden and a convict

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Apparently Niang is in Liverpool to sign with Everton too.

Very good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Just pay the drat tax you rich cunts

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

it should be bannable to post tancredi

He's no worse than any of the posts about Arsenal in this thread. In fact he's better because sometimes what he says is true.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Healbot posted:

How nice of Swansea to be playing Guido Italianman from New Jersey.

Veloce E'Buono strikes again

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Lukaku scored more goals playing for a much worse team

I'm not sure this is the case in England but there's always one guy in a poo poo team in Italy that is great for whatever provincial side he's playing for and scores a bunch because he's the only one on the team who can.

Rolando Bianchi, Massimo Maccarone, Marco Di Vaio, etc, were all decent enough players but they never replicated their form away from smaller clubs.

Not saying Lukaku couldn't do well at a big club, but an above average player at a below average side always stands out.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Roma have apparently sold Paredes and Manolas to Zenit for €65m. Roma are going to be replacing half of their squad this summer.

Di Francesco is either very happy about this or extremely mad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mancini is finally able to get all the players he wanted at Inter last year before he got canned, I'm not surprised Manolas ended up there.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's really good. Happy for him to find some continuity.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's a throwback Galliani signing. Honoring our history.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Yeah he won't start until next season when the Chinese owners get arrested and the club assets are liquidated but he'll get a few games for sure, especially if/when Bacca leaves. Whatever, maybe he'll rediscover the halfway decent form he had at Roma.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Apparently Borini's arrival will cause Milan to sell Lapadula to Genoa. Lol.

That's a shame, but he'll be a starter at Genoa so hopefully he does well. He deserves to be playing more.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

What slightly-above-average Frenchman are you expecting to end up with?

Niang

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I assumed they were just going to sell him on for more money, but apparently the buyback clause has a provision that he can't be sold until next summer, and that Everton have the ability to buy him before anyone else.

That is a weird buyback. I wonder if they can loan him....

RIP

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

dude on the left is all :shepface:

That's Marco Fassone and that's literally just how he looks

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Earlier today Monchi was moaning about Roma not being a supermarket for players and how they're building the best squad, lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Hakan Calhanoglu is apparently in Milan for his medical with Milan tomorrow, €20m transfer fee.

Who is this and is he any good?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm having a hard time believe that this Milan money is real. I'm waiting for something to really fall apart. I have a feeling that selling Bacca and Donnarumma was probably supposed to cover a lot of this and it's looking increasingly likely that at least one of them will stay.

If Donnarumma doesn't renew this week though, I feel like the club should sell him immediately. I'm surprised there has been this much patience with him and that fat oval office Raiola so far to be honest. Big Silvio would've thrown him out at the first chance and then signed 15 garbagemen from Genoa and Joe Hart.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sassassin posted:

No one who speaks Italian could ever be corrupt.

These Chinese dudes most definitely do not speak Italian lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

I thought Donna was leaving this transfer window, how'd he end up renegotiating his contract at Milan? He's too good for them too

He's got a year left on his contract, the point was to either negotiate it or let him go on a free next year.

Also Milan are real good now.

• Locked thread