Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

ayb posted:

So now the highest and 5th highest transfers for goalkeepers in less than a year. good work pep

Ederson is really really loving good though.arguably the best young keeper in the world,along with oblak.curiously both are products from Benficas youth setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Hegay posted:

This is wrong. Donnarumma is better

Nope.donnarumma is great, is better at crosses, but ederson is incredibly fast off the line,can play with both feet and do poo poo like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DxZs8i57I
That's a 80 meter goalkick assist straight into Jimenez ,there is no gk in the word that can do that on a consistent basis like Ederson does.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

This is pretty great but Donnarumma is 5 years younger and nobody knows if he can do that because Montella makes him play the ball to the center backs. I would imagine neither of us has watched the "other" keeper enough to make a real unbiased guess as to who's better.

In any case I'm glad there is a good Brazilian keeper again.

Granted ,I've only watched like 10 Milan games in the last couple of years,and he's 18 but right now I think donnarumma is a level below guys like oblak and ederson.but if there's anyone who can potentially be the second coming of buffon its him.

And that's not bad defending,that's a pure tactical play.there is no offside on a goal kick,and if you're a defender your brain is formatted to ignore the striker in a clear offside.if you can't see how that will be useful in a league where teams defend way up the pitch than the Portuguese league,or in European competition I don't know what to tell you.

Regarding nelson semedo, the best comparison I can think of is Dani alves.he's blazingly fast,almost robben like,and he can bomb up and down the right flank all game.he was a former winger so he can cross,dribble and occasionally shoot from outside the box.he makes some mistakes defensively because he has a tendency to close too much near the central defender,but that may be because the center defender he was playing with was luisao which is 36 and slow as loving molasses,so that positioning was probably a manager instruction.he usually can recover from those mistakes because he is insanely fast.
Supposedly Barcelona ,Munich and MU are after him, should be worth around 35-40 million euros which is a reasonable price.

Disclaimer,I'm a Benfica fan so I'm unreasonably high on these guys,but you can't really go wrong on both because the talent is obvious.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Jose posted:

Newcastle are close to signing Tammy Abraham on loan and ruben semedo from sporting. portugal league watchers is he any good?

Yeah like mbm said,hes not very good.has all the physical tools but he makes too many mistakes.and not "ocasionaly forgets to mark his player in set pieces" mistakes,more "ball will go out for a corner but he will barrel into an atacker for a dumb penalty" mistakes. He had a better season in 15/16 so this last one might have been lack of confidence but man,hes still very rough around the edges.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

So aparently bellerin is staying put with barcelona back again targeting nelson semedo and lindelof to MU is expected to be done this week.

Aldo, Nick clegg to unemployment is a done deal

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Lindelof to United is getting attention again. 35 million euros plus 5 more in incentives is the rumor.

Any Portuguese league fans in here have thoughts? I just know he's been linked for a couple windows now

Arguably one of the best young center backs in the world. Fast, reliable and Mr. Cool under pressure. Can start plays, great positioning and can do a shift at right back. Needs to bulk up fast because hes lean as a twig and hes going to get manhandled in the PL. Only average on the aerial game.
He can also do poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT1yz5xBmBs

For my money, hes better than rojo was when he joined MU, and can be much better.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Goodbye lindelof you beautiful Swede bastard.you came out of nowhere played like a veteran cb and scored a brilliant goal vs sporting,will be missed

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Man that André Silva deal is so weird.I mean the kid has the tools to be great,and when hes on he can do everything right, pass ,shoot,dribble you name it.but hes inconsistent and has showed a complete inability to play on the wings.I mean if you want a pure striker that only plays in the last 20 meters then you can certainly do a lot worse,but holy hell 38 million is a lot of Money for a guy whos basically ~potential~ right now.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress Double post

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Reminder that barca just bought the (potential) second coming of dani alves by 30+5

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Monaco is technically south france,but they are entertaining in a wow awesome way and not in a lol awesome way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

surelly 100m could get you one of insigne,carrasco or if you want something diferent, hamsik. You dont have to buy a direct replacement for Coutinho.you improve other positions and adapt to that.

• Locked thread