Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Coutinho is in no way worth the money Barca is offering but selling him basically fucks Liverpool in both leagues this year because their team is so reliant on him and can't replace him this late in the window. I can see the argument for both sides but gently caress that is a lot of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
At least the poll ITT was accurate. Can't wait to see who else gets sold off for Arsenal, while no transfers come in, while the side still has huge holes in their depth and routinely has 3 or 4 people in every match playing out of position.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Is Can leaving Liverpool or is that speculation about like next year? I'm not a LP fan but I feel like he's been an excellent fit on their team since they signed him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

BBC Gossip round up of the papers this morning say Arsenal will bid £75m for Asensio, and are confident of signing VVD and Lemar, by next summer if not now.

So that's us not signing anyone then.

Sounds great but I doubt they will get any of them and then it will be some 31-yo dude no one's ever heard of on a free transfer coming in.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Good catch, cheers.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Who does Mbappe displace in PSG's lineup when they add him? God drat their team is stacked.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Chelsea must have watched that stunning Arsenal performance this weekend and thought "this is exactly what we need on our team"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I've got a theory for how to turn around Arsenal's fortunes and it involves a Qatari multi-billionaire buying the team.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I never bust I'm always booming so here's the lowdown on a new advanced stat for you, packing.

Great article/post, thanks for sharing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Why would Sterling accept that deal though (apart from the rumours of him wanting to relocate to London)

Maybe he also wants to relocate to a position he doesn't play, which of course makes Wenger the ideal manager for him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Why doesn't Arsenal just play him at CM and see how it goes? He can't possibly be any worse than Ramsey was this weekend.

The transfer drama is hilarious though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ox has actually probably been one of the best players on Arsenal so far this season, which is to say that he's still complete poo poo and in no way worth 35-40m @ 180k/wk but I wish him well.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

wicka posted:

Are you thinking of a different Ox, or the same one who was just haphazardly jogging around on Sunday?

He rated well in the Leiceister match, and was one of the only players with a pulse on their side in the Stoke match.

An hour of haphazard jogging in the Liverpool match is better than giving up on defending, letting Cech get obliterated, not taking or creating chances, and being wildly out of position, which is what everyone else on the side did.

It's damning with faint praise on a tiny sample size, but yeah I think given how bad Arsenal has played all year, he might actually be king of the poo poo heap so far.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That's fuckin insane. Holy poo poo. Arsenal is screwed.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

sassassin posted:

27 year old Ron Sanchez to Swansea on loan is a done deal.

Finally the Sanchez saga is over.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Have PSG broken any of the existing rules in the moves that they have made (specifically with regards to Neymar and Mbappé obviously)?

Googling and reading an article about it seems to indicate that they haven't currently broken FFP with Neymar's deal, but have to generate a certain amount of revenue going forward that exceeds the ratio of salary to not cross into a threshold of breaking those rules, and then add the enormous amount of Mbappé on top of that would make it even more likely that they break that mark. Is that correct?

I feel like PSG ownership must have contract law people who know this stuff and have sorted out the details so I assume it's within the very faint ethical bounds of FIFA. It just seemed like all the other major clubs in the world were completely floored by the way PSG dominated the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Hoping that they sell Sanchez and not replace him with anyone so they can claim the trophy:

• Locked thread