Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

Several reports say that one of Mourinho's priorities this summer is a new left back, possibly Mendy from Monaco. What's gonna happen to £30m man Luke Shaw in that case? He's a bit too expensive to just be a backup.

There's clearly something about Shaw that Mourinho doesn't like, work ethic, injury proneness, weight, face, lack of cuntiness, whatever.

That said, there's about ten players that can fill in adequately at right back, which assuming Rojo remains first choice at left side centre half means there's only 2 left footed players for that position atm, Shaw and Blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

julian assflange posted:

He is a £15-20m man now OP

Actually he's more like a two hundred pound man

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Shut up, ffs.

:ironicat:

The days of United getting their business wrapped up the day after the season ends disappeared when business maestro David Gill left the club. Good signings or bad, it's going to be a long summer for any interested party, especially since the press began to get worse year on year for completely made up column inches/clickbait about any club with money.

United need a striker so there's at least 3 for the front spot with Zlatan out, and a Carrick replacement, maybe an actual winger and a left back if Mourinho ships Shaw out, the rest of the issues from this season are all fixable on the training ground.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hoops posted:

It's unusual to see the annual "we need a striker, a winger, a centre mid, and a leftback, and then we should be fine" post from someone other than an Arsenal fan.

Well Carrick is old, if Shaw goes there's only Blind and Rojo with actual left feet and Rojo appears to be a first choice CB now. Rashford is good but still young and streaky, who knows how long Zlatan is out and next season will probably be Martial's last chance at the club. Even if they're all fit that's still only 3 strikers in four competitions.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Early boom sighting

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Meat Wagon posted:

It's the 6th of June. Settle down.

Yeah it's not like it's April 15th

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Rashford couldn't find the net to save his life most of this season and didn't break his duck until the last couple of months of the season or so, same for Martial. Of all the players making GBS threads their pants when a decent chance fell for them, while Zlatan poo poo up a few of them himself he bottled far less than his team mates.

I know Zlatan was pretty much a guaranteed starter when fit, but it took a long time for Rashford or Martial to start taking their chances.

Yeah let's put all that pressure on a teenager in his second full season at the club. It was always going to be that he was second fiddle/backup for Zlatan and rightly so.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mackintosh posted:

He's going somewhere where the Spanish tax authorities won't have jurisdiction.

No he said he's LEAVING Real Madrid

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Van gaal should have kept him instead of shipping him out second season. Ferguson wasn't wrong and at the right club he'll be up there assuming this hasn't broken him.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

chuggo is BACK posted:

Andy Johnson is the archetypal This Guy in chuggos world

Well who knows how long he had form for before he was caught

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the "sorry misread" could be implied with this one..

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

You play uninspired football and are in Wales.

Yes but he's talking about Swansea no need to get personal

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Shaw technically counts for two

So does Ozil lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

Apparently Borini's arrival will cause Milan to sell Lapadula to Genoa. Lol.

In better news for Milan, Poli is off to Bologna.

🎵 The wop Lapadula, for a wop that can't shoot 🎵

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

He's 23 so plenty of time for him to develop still, and Klopp has a proven track record of turning average players into great players. Injury concerns are a bit meh but Arsenal have a long history of loving up players so a change of backroom staff might fix them.

£25m for a 23 year old versatile English international with Champions League experience seems about right in today's market.

At 23 he should be approaching his peak as an attacking player, not still be raw with work to do.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I said approaching his peak, not winning balloon doors ffs.

"Plenty of time for him to develop still" isn't really encouraging when used in the context of a player that's been in the first team squad of a top four club for several seasons and has been playing first team football since what, 16 at Southampton?

Wingers don't tend to have a massive shelf life given that pace is a big part of their game so we're not talking about a player with at least 10 years of plying his trade still ahead of him.

A move is the right thing for him, he's clearly stagnated at Arsenal.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Parity warning posted:

haha

classic ninpo

Maybe read and reply to the post instead of the poster for a more fulfilling posting experience

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

woobi back from the dead to unleash some peak woobi

Give him chance, he probably spent last season watching matches from 2015-16

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sad that this is how his time at United is ending and I'm grateful for everything he brought to the club.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He'll score against United at Goodison, book it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Rooney looks a lot less overweight than he historically has done come July, maybe not going out on a high at United (Charlton's record aside) has been a bit of a wake up call.

It'd be nice to see if he's got another decent season in him.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40572586

What the hell is this poo poo

Why would we even speak to Hart :stare:

They're not Liverpool, lots of players have gone between City and United.

That said he's a tit and unless one of Romero or Dave are leaving there's no point to it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CyberPingu posted:

And how did that work out?

In a twist that we did nazi coming, he was better suited for playing with Chambers rather than looking gassed at City all the time.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Spurs were looking like becoming regular top 4 and title contenders, why the gently caress are they flogging off the spine of the team?

e: Is it simply The Obvious Reason?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AJ_Impy posted:

Walker was already being phased out in favour of Trippier towards the end of last season. He still has those lose-a-few-games-every-season lapses in concentration, but Dier, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Lloris have pretty much entirely glossed over that. Seeing City try to do the same with Stones, Bravo et al should be entertaining. His prime attribute is his pace, he's not going to be getting any faster with time. Tottenham have gotten away with daylight robbery here.

Ah, I see. In that case, this transfer is funny, to me

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Sky Sports and The Sun reporting that Inter and United are either close to a deal or have agreed a £40 million deal for Perisic. The Sun are going as far as claiming Perisic is flying to the US for his medical and to meet his teammates but maybe take that with a grain of salt?

My extensive footballing knowledge (wikipedia) tells me he's an attacking midfielder/winger. Is he an actual winger with an actual left foot?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm doing all the phwoars and rubbing my thighs and getting my Periscope 7 shirt made right the gently caress now

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bape Culture posted:

Tell me about assombalonga

Tubthumping is fun to listen to when pissed otherwise meh

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tarbrush posted:

Naby Keita to Liverpool is now a quantum transfer in that it is both ON and OFF. I would very much like it to be ON.

Much like your title challenges the last 30 years lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Glad you explained, I initially wondered why you were posting your fits from WAYWT

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

United sure have earned every penny of their looney sponsorship deals

He's left the club so doesn't benefit from any of the Asian sponsors anymore

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe Southampton still have someone in the back for sale

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Proper good you might say.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Still B.A.E posted:

Why would you say take it then? That's the entire issue with the transfer from Liverpool's point of view, as others have been saying. Liverpool don't need money, we need to build a good squad. FSG don't seem afraid to spend, but the club does seem to have a problem attracting top level players, and selling our best players every few years isn't conducive to either building a squad that can challenge in the league and Europe, or attracting top players. You can have all the money in the world to spend, but it means gently caress all if you can't bring in anything other than middle of the road players.

Source your quotes

Liverpool aren't seriously challenging for anything so long as they insist on polishing that turd of a stadium, brown jewel in the centre of the Anfield Slums (as created by the Club of the Working Class Fans itself).

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Because serious posts get trolled/mocked into irrelevance within a page or two.

btw Chuggo he's poo poo haha

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lol the Premier league owners test, the Oh so stringent exam that declared Milan Mandaric totally not a big shady bastard and fit to own Portsmouth

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Blimey, the football money equivalent of about 4 quid, bargain

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

That would be an amazing deal and therefore is complete bollocks and won't happen.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MrBling posted:

Supposedly Spurs are buying a centre back from Ajax named Davinson Sanchez

I hope he fouls a lot, for the obvious nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hope it happens just to put to bed the question of whether he can do it outside la liga/Barcelona

• Locked thread