Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Same.

Also Arsenal are supposedly signing Henry Onyekuru, a 19 year old Nigerian striker who scored some goals for a team fighting relegation in the Belgian league.

Yep. £6.8M. I believe he was actually the leading scorer. I've never seen him play and I doubt anyone else who says they rate him have but hopefully he's got some talent. I do wonder if he'll get a work permit though. From what I read I don't think he's been capped by Nigeria yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

David Ornstein is saying Arsenal's £6.8m signing of Henry Onyekuru are completely fabricated. He said he's heard nothing from the club and he's not even convinced they've bid for him.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

He's been saying a lot the last couple days. Apparently Arsenal have issues with the size of their wage bill, and will need to sell to buy anyone. Also apparently just stopped negotiating with Ozil and Sanchez while they sorted out Wengy's contract situation? In any case it looks like they could easily lose both, and will be trying to replace them late in the window if they go. What I'm saying here is that this could be a pretty disastrous summer for the Arse.

Well according to L'Equipe Arsenal offered €100m for loving Mbappe. It's worth noting I don't believe this poo poo for a god damned second.

e: Here's the article: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-mercato-d-ete-au-tour-d-arsenal-de-convoiter-kylian-mbappe/806556

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

James Olley of the Standard says Bellerin isn't actively seeking a transfer and the Barca bid is just their usual poo poo stirring.

e: Additionally, Bellerin sent a cagey tweet implying it was bullshit and his agent called it false as well.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 8, 2017

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think so, maybe it's a false dawn but although he really hasn't progressed at all for most of his time watching him this year he's been alot more solid and improved considerably compared to the season before. Him being able to fill in in the back three is also really useful

Every now and then he looks like he's progressing but then he picks up a knock and injury and goes out for 3 months. When he comes back he's poo poo again and the cycle repeats itself.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jose posted:

bournemouth have spent £20m on nathan ake

Didn't Chelsea recall due to being out of defenders and then play him three times in 5 months? Either way that seems like a lot of money for someone who was going to be out of contract next year and only played 13 matches last year.

Arsenal are going to sell something called a Kaylen Hinds to Wolfsburg for £2M. Jonker was his coach in the U21s so I guess that explains that one.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal is a Done Deal.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/882630918388822018

https://www.arsenal.com/news/alexandre-lacazette-agrees-join-arsenal

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

He might not want to stay when they tell him he isn't even going to make the bench in a World Cup year.

He only started 11 times last season and still has no issues making the French national team (or scoring goals for them). He had 18 sub appearances in the PL last year. As long as he keeps banging in goals at the rate he is for the NT they'll keep picking him regardless of his overall minutes at Arsenal.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

This is a done deal.

It's pretty early over here so I was wondering why the gently caress he was holding a Boca Juniors kit in front of a PSG logo.

Also why all the talk about Giroud leaving Arsenal? He said he's staying, the club said he's staying, and in a league like the Premier League you definitely need a striker like him for some matches. It's really bizarre.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

trem_two posted:

Yeah that was exactly my thought too.

In other news
https://twitter.com/Tuzos/status/885790452343087104

Is he that crocked that he had to go to Mexico? I figured he would've just gone back to Japan.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arsenal fans are all desperate to make Alexis see out his contract, and I'm not sure I get it. Why let him go to a rival on a free the next year? Just take the money and replace him now. It will be embarrassing, but Arsenal fans are used to that.

Because Wenger wants Lemar and Monaco won't talk to him. I think if they managed to sign him they may actually sell Alexis, but I doubt either happens.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

JFairfax posted:

lol it looks like Jermaine Pennant is gonna sign for Billericay Town, in the 7th tier of English football.

he's 34.

Jermaine Pennant made his debut nearly 18 years ago for Arsenal and scored a hat-trick on his PL debut 14 years ago. Writing those words down now it's pretty obvious that he's old but it's absolutely insane how long he's been around. It's amazing how long your career can be when people still remember you from your teens.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's worded better here

No wonder Barca were reporting it lol

There are not a lot of things in football that make me genuinely angry but this is definitely one of them. gently caress this poo poo and gently caress Neymar for going along with it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

A deadline day panic move for Mahrez is more likely, imo.

Agreed. If they were going to sign Lemar it would've happened already. I imagine they'll ship out out a few on deadline day and sign Mahrez. Also Ospina said he wants to stay so that's neat.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Freddy Adu is only 28 loving years old. Not sure how that's possible.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Isn't that sorta not how this works? My understanding was the payment has to be to La Liga for contract termination, not the club. I see this from Barcelona's side though. They just want to get paid and get this poo poo over with so they can bring someone else in.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I know Barca/La Liga are whiny bitches and all, but why is a La Liga president investigating a country buying a player, and not UEFA/FIFA?

Is it just accepted as normal now?

Qatar has the World Cup in 2022, something FIFA authorized so I'm pretty sure they don't give a poo poo about what Qatar does.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Isn't Matuidi actually good? That seems like a pretty normal price in most years, but with the way poo poo is going I would've expected him to sell for like 60 million euros or something crazy like that. As far as I can tell the only time he didn't crack 50 appearances in a full season for PSG, he hit 48 and he's a French International.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So what the hell is going on at Arsenal's back room that Mustafi would go out seeking a transfer after 12 months? I mean, the on field product is abysmal but it feels like there's more to it than that.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

It's his loving Januzaj size wages.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I'm an Arsenal fan and this is the best loving window ever haha

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Libertine posted:

Why doesn't Arsenal just play him at CM and see how it goes? He can't possibly be any worse than Ramsey was this weekend.

The transfer drama is hilarious though.

We've seen him at CM and it's exactly what you'd expect. He doesn't pick his head up, gets caught out of position, takes bad shots, and gives the ball away too much. Basically, it's the exact same thing as him as a RWB even down to the positioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Something about Arsenal bidding for Adrien Rabiot?

• Locked thread