Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

General Probe posted:

That's not so bad then, got it in my head his good spell was much shorter

Maybe you're thinking of Memphis? He was really good against Brugge in UCL and everyone thought that was a sign of things to come and lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

sassassin posted:

Why would Matic or Dier step down to play for United?

$$$$

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

72m isn't bad but Pool could definitely hold out for more. As much as I'd rather not lose Coutinho, if someone came along offering 100m+ for him, it's hard to see a valid reason not to take it.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

I know that transfer money is out of control but in what world could Coutinho possibly be worth 100m?

Kyle Walker is the most expensive defender of all time

like, I'm not saying "hey Coutinho is worth 100m" but poo poo is insane these days

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 21, 2017

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol weren't Saudi Arabia and friends about to declare war of Qatar like a month ago? Seems like a bad time to try to do business with them

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

gonna be real funny when PSG still fails to get past the quarters in the champs league

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ESPN is pretty sensationalist garbage so I wouldn't put much stock in anything they say

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I'd rather not lose him but if we have to then pffffff gently caress this 100m nonsense, Barca's flush with cash, let's price them up.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Pretty sure that's exactly what you're doing, asking 100 million for Coutinho

i thought 100m was the last offer Barca made but i could be wrong

if we were the ones who said 100m then come on man, we can go higher than that

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

I thought that was just Fletcher?

Hah

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The "but who would they buy" argument only works up to a certain point. 138 mil is so much more than coutinho is worth and more than will ever be offered for him again. Lol if we reject it

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

it's real dumb that VVD was seemingly the only CB we were even looking at

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Coutino will be a pissy baby if he stays now though, just like Sanchez. Especially since he has put up even more resistance to staying yet has a long contract still.

Eh, I don't think so. For one, Coutinho is not a guaranteed starter for Brazil the way Sanchez is for Chile, so he has more impetus to play and play well so he can bump up his chances of starting in Russia next year. Also Arsenal seems to be pretty clearly regressing, so Sanchez might see himself as being stuck on a sinking ship. Coutinho might also see himself as being stuck in Liverpool, but they at least have Champion's League and the perception of trying to improve and turn into title contenders.

All that said, I'm still expecting him to go before the window closes, especially if we're already running around trying to make deals with the money that Barca will presumably give us for him.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol wtf why did we buy ox

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

WMain00 posted:

You totally are, our players are pampered as gently caress.

Also if you don't play him in CM he'll whine like a little school girl.

Henderson, Wiji, and Can are all better CMs than him so I guess whining it is

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

120 is still a lot for someone who probably won't start very often but lol all the same

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

"I've made a huge mistake."

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

From a Liverpool perspective, yeah Lemar would be cool (I say knowing nothing about him other than that he's good based on the opinions thrown about here) but if we have to spend a lot of money today on one player I'd rather it be an experienced CB, be it VVD or...well, probably VVD since we've apparently never looked at anyone else.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol if you didn't think that was going to happen

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the time Ryan Babel trolled some random dude wearing a Babel Netherlands jersey remains one of my favorite football-related stories ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Another poo poo deadline day, surprise surprise

• Locked thread