Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Suso never showed anything for Liverpool that indicated he was more than a journeyman player, he seemed to be one of those dime-a-dozen La Masia kids that were around a few years ago. But to be fair he was only 18 or so when he was playing, if he's playing regularly for Milan now I'm glad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Don't really want Salah

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

It's not impossible that United sign Bale. If he decides to leave Madrid then it would be Chelsea and City first, but for now at least United can still get pretty much whoever they want to get, as long as they pay for them.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

It's unusual to see the annual "we need a striker, a winger, a centre mid, and a leftback, and then we should be fine" post from someone other than an Arsenal fan.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

why are you going there hahaha
Lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I thought Van Dijk was brilliant the few times I watched him last season and the first half of this season, then just as everyone in the world started hyping him up he went a lot quieter and didn't do that much.

I don't want to pay £50m for a centreback, no.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Scouters trying to take something they're not allowed to? Well I never

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Why the hell would Saints of all clubs try and get Liverpool in trouble? Just look the other way this time and then sell us a few more players for £30m

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'd rather live in Liverpool than Southampton, Southampton's shite.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Zlatan agrees to give up his 10 year run of winning titles everywhere to help United in their time of need, singlehandedly wins them 15 points and basically stops their season being an absolute catastrophe, then as soon as he gets injured they just toss him aside. The United Way.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Would you have extended his contract?

Yes

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

PirateBob posted:

gently caress right off. He'll get to finish his rehabilitation at the club. Giving him another year at £420k per week would be retarded when he's not back until Jan/Feb.

Also any good striker would have got a similar amount of goals. He didn't singlehandedly do poo poo, except win us the League Cup. He missed tons of chances.
Clearly United as a club have lost any sense of loyalty in the last few years.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

It was literally 15 years ago that everyone pointed out that Rooney was an immense talent but a big chubby fat boy who's fitness would mean his career would be wrapping up at 30, and it turns out that yeah that's pretty much exactly how it went.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I just saw that Ronaldo joined United before Rooney did, that's not how it was in my my memory at all

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Swap with Leo

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I hope Ronaldo goes to jail but Messi doesn't that would be hilarious

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Oxlade Chamberlain is already a good player who is worth having. What's he supposed to be developing into, Zinedine Zidane?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

People who have watched him more than twice say Salah is really good so I'm happy. Who really thinks Israel has a right to exist these days anyway

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I like buying expensive attacking players as more often than not they're brilliant, unlike expensive defensive players who usually make gently caress all difference

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

That's a good signing I think. Loads of money though. He's pushing 29 and he's a tackler rather than a playmaker, but I guess he is being signed by Jose Mourinho.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Fabio Borini is 26 years old, ostensibly a striker, has spent the last six seasons playing in the Premier League and Serie A, and during that time has scored 24 league goals
He's not particularly talented OP

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I like the ox

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I agree that Oxlade-Chamberlain has had plenty of time to show where his ceiling is after 200+ professional games and is unlikely to step up to some new elite level if he moves clubs. The very best players have usually shown themselves by that age, I can't think of anyone in this era who started young, had plenty of top level experience, then suddenly got much better at 24/25 than they were at 22/23.

But he's a decent player and worth having, I'd be fine with another experienced winger.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I used to be a big fan of Big Rom, but I feel like I've gone off him a lot, in the last few hours, kinda hate him now, I can't quite explain it it's funny.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

The antagonism that United fans feel towards one of their all time greatest players and record goalscorer has always been so bizarre. They're delighted that he's declined.

I think it's because he's working class.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

1) Wayne Rooney not being a United player is really weird

2) hang on can he write his signature backwards?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

My spatial reasoning might be poo poo, because something isn't right there
I now realise they've just had him sign a bit of clear plastic and then reversed the shot. 100% honestly I did not get that and genuinely wondered for a second it might have been CGI??

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Rooney is a fat lazy poo poo when he wants to be, first season back at his boyhood club that's a little bit of humiliation to come back to will probably mean he'll be mega up for it for the first twenty games until he gets fed up being eighth in the league and the press leaks start coming out long sentence

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Nothing wrong with Emile Heskey

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Piratebob had never heard of Lukaku before he signed for United lol. There is a little bit of freely available evidence on which to draw conclusions as to his abilities as a striker

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I don't want to sell Coutinho for £72m or £100m or anything because I love him and want to kiss him and want good players for Liverpool and not money on FSG's balance sheet

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Coutinho is a good boy though and Suarez was a proper loving nutcase

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

If Alexis Sanchez is going for £35m, we'll have him. He loves a bit of champions league

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'd never heard of Keita a month ago tbh

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I really have never seen that much from Can. Happy to replace him with any PL-experienced holding midfielder.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Chelsea are the most sensible, well-planned and fiscally responsible of the rich clubs, if that doesn't show how mental the transfer window is now I don't know what does.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

julian assflange posted:

It's not really, players generally waiver the loyalty bonus if the lodge a transfer request. In this instance, it seems PSG have just forced Barca's arm with the offer and they are willing to take the hit.
Isn't that exactly what a loyalty bonus is though? A payment they get if they don't hand in a transfer request. Is there other criteria used to define "loyalty".

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Redundant posted:

It's stupid for Barcelona to set up the contract so Neymar can earn his loyalty bonus and demand a transfer in the same window. Any sensible club would've made it so he gets his bonus when it is impossible for him to leave.
And any sensible agent would do the opposite I guess. Did he originally sign on 1 September? It might be as simple as an annual thing for each year of his contract.

Edit: nope, June 2013

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

If you're spending that kind of money on international PR, couldn't you have got Messi instead? Neymar is Brazilian, he's a bit rougher around the edges and isn't going to do as many Pepsi adverts in the run up to the World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Just to clarify for everyone - Arsenal are not going to win the league

• Locked thread