Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
"For a brief time" loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

If you'd asked how much Coutinho was worth last summer, you would have got like £40m at the very top estimate. He didn't even have his best season and now the talk about £100m transfer fees is actually real and realistic. Suarez is by a distance a more talented player than Coutinho and we sold him for £65m I think. My point is football is real crazy

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'm not feeling Chicharito. One season wonder as a poacher, no good if the rest of your front six aren't as good as the other team's back six

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I hope PSG absolutely batter Barcelona, and Real Madrid, and United/City/Chelsea, to show them the horrors of what they more than anyone have created.

Like the monster murdering Dr. Frankenstein

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

£24m for Jonny Evans is the transfer most representative of this window, more than Neymar for £200m or whatever it was

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Philippe Coutinho #2 most expensive player in history.

Neymar. Coutinho. Cristiano. Gareth Bale. Luis Suarez. Zidane. What do these men all have in common? That's right, they all love Liverpool.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I don't even think we're that dependant on him. Still don't want to sell him though.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Or alternatively perhaps he doesn't get horribly injured and plays well because he's a professional footballer playing in the CL and wants to get a starting spot in the Brazil squad.

Plus players typically don't collapse in form after a transfer saga where they don't get the move they wanted. It's just not a thing that actually happens. Ronaldo at United didn't, Bale didn't, Suarez, Gerrard with Chelsea, Fabregas to Barca. De Gea hasn't. The only big one I can think of off the top of my head that went irreversibly wrong was Tevez at Man City.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 19, 2017

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

actually he'll get hit by a meteor on september 1st
If he does get horribly injured the day after the window closes and never plays again then yeah that's right the club probably will regret not selling him for one hundred million pounds

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Changed my mind now, that's loads of money that, sell him

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I genuinely don't know which Dembele Barca have just signed

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

you say this about every single thing that happens in football. maybe you just don't really know anything about football idk
Which team do you support

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I was surprised and hurt to be on the receiving end of such a comment so I've just re-read all my posts from this thread and I've said I didn't know who someone was like 1-and-a-half times before today.

So hey RideTheSpiral, suck my dick haha

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

haha imagine reading all your posts in a block. goondolences
Do not attack me again.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Signing the Ox - pretty good
Signing Naby Keita - okay sure
Selling Sakho - no complaints
Loaning Origi - :(

Why are we loaning Origi? He's better than Ings and more reliable than Sturridge. Liverpool are obviously bossing it going forward but we're not overloaded with centre forwards at all.

Edit: also sign Van Dijk. The amount of "Liverpool submit a bid of a shitload of money for X" stories I've seen in the last week, I think the budget is probably there.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 31, 2017

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Can a transfer go through whilst a player is literally on the pitch playing? They must have to sign something beforehand right?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Haha this Ox Cham turning down higher wages at Arsenal stuff is brilliant, he knows which way the wind is blowing. Mark Hughes's Arsenal side are going to have a hell of a relegation fight in the 19/20 season.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea? Homegrown is a mess

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Jose posted:

we're going down when benitez leaves and will stay there as long as ashley is owner
Just buy Joshua King for £20m or something, jfc Mike Ashley

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Jose posted:

the most recent interview ashley has done, which was fairly recently, the interviewer was someone from a PR firm sports direct own a majority share in and he talked about not being able to compete with man city like any newcastle supporter expects that
Unrelated to football but I have some professional knowledge of what his Group do and he may hold a claim to being the single most unethical CEO in Western Europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Phillipe Coutinho es mi amigo

Hoops fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 31, 2017

• Locked thread