Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

saihttam posted:

Pwhoar cazette is insanely good

I've been listening to some tape of him and he's reel good. I can't think of any analog, he's got an 8-track mind for scoring goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

If £75m is the price tag I imagine that Chelsea will match. I just hope Everton isn't still bitter over the John Stones saga and trying to gently caress Chelsea over

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Adam Johnson

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Mourinho did let Lukaku leave for Everton, which was nice of him.

But yeah as already mentioned, Mourinho didn't trust 19 year old Lukaku, preferring Drogba and Torres. That was somewhat understandable, but then in 2013-14 Mourinho preferred Ba and Torres (and Eto'o) , which is unjustifiable.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Drogba apparently tried to call Lukaku on Instagram live lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Chelsea do seem to be flailing about this summer, but I don't know if you can put all the blame on them in a deal also involving Bill Kenwright and Mino Raiola.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

sassassin posted:

Photos of Cork about with Burnley staff so he's gone.

If Burnley have really paid close to what we've paid for Roque Mesa that's some very good business by the yanks.

He was okay at times but no Leon replacement.

I saw £3m for Cork and £11m for Rook Table

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Is Lukaku the best Everton player of the Premier League era? If not he has to be up there.

It's rather weird to how bad body language and a few quotes about wanting to play for a top club turned fans so sour. I feel like if he had elbowed more people and ran around a bit more that would've helped.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

God imagine what Heskey would've gone for if he was born 20 years later. He was big, English, strong and fast. Someone would've bought him for like £40m at age 19

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Emile Heskey scored more Premier League goals than Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Didier Drogba, and Matt Le Tissier

(not combined)

It's too bad Drogba didn't want to stick around England. It would've been a lot of fun seeing him bounce around a couple mid table sides and then a couple bottom half sides.

Also if we have a Rooney thread we should all guess where he ends up in terms of premier league goals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_players_with_100_or_more_goals

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I would agree with you but that summer was abysmal. A bad version of Pedro was our number one signing and we also picked up Baba Rahman.

Rudiger is a huge signing with Conte's 3 at the back, and a Bakayoko/Kante midfield should be great (with fab coming in to provide a million assists whenever necessary). If they sign a wingback I think I will be satisfied. I don't really want to waste 60m or whatever on aubeymayang, just let michy run with it and sign a solid #2. However if those Aguero rumors are true (lol) pay that man. For some very odd reason I am just not worried about the striker situation.

I think Chelsea need to spend big on a striker as a statement of intent to keep Courtois, Hazard and Conte. I would gladly spend 1 Oscar on Aubameyang.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I know this is rich coming from a Chelsea fan, but Monaco being a billionaire's plaything is the worst.

They have no fans, don't fill their stadium, are only able to sign players because it's a tax haven and they are in bed with Jorge Mendes, and are owned by a guy that makes Roman look like a saint.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I'm pretty sure Moses, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Alonso, Courtois and Caballero cost less total than Kyle Walker and John Stones combined.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

List of big name signings that didn't work out for Mourinho:

1. Shevchenko
2. Quaresma
3. SWP
4. Cuadrado
5. ?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Von Linus posted:

There's still a lot of mumbling about Lemar. I reckon it will happen. maybe.

MUMBLE. FEAT. PIERS MORGAN.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Shoren posted:

But it's also funny that Barcelona are getting hosed over after all the shady dealings they did to get Neymar in the first place.

This. If Barca's hands were clean they could easily get PSG hit with a transfer ban for tapping up Neymar, but they are saying they won't report PSG. I wonder why.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

La Liga should hold out for a 10m euro fee. If Neymar's dad get's millions then La Liga deserves a few million for helping the transfer happen imho.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I like how in Italy it's no big deal that a club doesn't have the money to complete a transfer they already agreed to.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

ephex posted:

I'm not even sure that "bob" is a real pirate tbh

Bob is one of those authentic old school pirates from Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Not to be confused with those new fake pirates that are ruining the tropics in Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Chelsea already have 5 CBs that would be in the matchday squad for pretty much any team in the league.

Though with Cahill leaving next summer I guess now is the time to buy.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Cahill's leaving? Hasn't he just been named club captain?

He's out of contract next summer, but most people think he won't be offered another deal. Conte isn't really the sentimental type.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

MrBling posted:

He signed a four year contract extension in 2015, so unless they changed how math works he's out of contract in 2019.

I could've swore it was a 3 year deal.

Bea Nanner posted:

how many first team british players yall got?

Good point. With that in mind I don't know why Chelsea is targeting van Dijk

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

is there a song that celebrates Kolasinac's amazing achievements yet?

If not may I suggest:

Kolasinac
he scored a free header
in a friendly
Kolasinac

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I love Willian but there definitely are days he's a middle class man's Dirk Kuyt

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

lot's of running, lots of tracking back but no final product, no goals, poor crosses and dumb passes

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

belgend posted:

Joske is a good egg and I'm glad he's got a good egg club to go to

But he's not going to Liverpool?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

We've got a Nasri going spare, anyone want him? Please? Anyone?

Apparently City want £10m for him. If they let him leave on a free I bet someone like Nice or Marseille or maybe a London club with too much money would take him. And as much as I hate his stupid face I also think he's going to look better with a change of scenery, an arm around his shoulder and a smaller club.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Leipzig was the club red bull factory workers started back in the late 1800s. I remember my grandpa getting back from the night shift on Saturday morning tired and stinking of red bull but he would always find the energy to take us to the match

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Chelsea do something like 40% of their transfer business after the season has started, so they are definitely voting no.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

If I were an agent I would insist on including a clause that says my player has to agree before training or playing with the reserve or youth team

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

Davinson Sanchez to Spurs is official, subject to a medical and permit.

Can you make an entire XI of misspelled English names? Willian and Kenedy can be the Chelsea contigent.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

€38m is crazy

Most Roma would balk at spending €2 on Schick

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I'm hoping that Conte can get some improvement out of Ox. Chelsea desperately need homegrown players and there aren't many good ones available right now.

Assuming Ox signs, I will be ok with Chelsea's squad. The weakest position is probably LWB where I think Ox is Alonso's backup and then maybe Kenedy? But I don't think Chelsea have a plan B after Juve said they're not selling Sandro. Wouldn't mind seeing if Conte could rehabilitate Luke Shaw tbh.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I never bust I'm always booming so here's the lowdown on a new advanced stat for you, packing.

Can someone tell me Robbie Rogers' packing numbers?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Swansea just need to sign players on loan from Blackburn, Real Madrid and PSG to have someone from every club where Clement was assistant manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Lemar brace for France, ahahah.

:qq:

Arsenal wanting to buy you is a wake up call to play better or else you might end up there

• Locked thread