Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Huge_Midget posted:

Just found out today that our 14 year old Bengal has lymphoma. He's not had much of an appetite for the past week or so and we've been giving him subcutaneous fluids and just got some prednisone to try to help the inflammation and to stimulate his appetite. I don't know what to expect or do, I know his time is limited but I don't know if we should try the steroids and see if it helps or if we just need to say our goodbyes and not prolong his discomfort.
I would definitely try the pred if it were my cat. There are different kinds of lymphoma in cats but some are really slow to progress. Pred does help with with inflammation and appetite like you said, but it also straight up kills the cancer cells of lymphoma to an extent, so in some cats it buys a whole lot of quality time. Pred also works pretty quickly when it works, so you don't have a whole lot to lose by trying (unless it's really difficult and stressful to get the pred into your cat).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread