Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ratings out and this Raw did worse than the one taped from London. 2.66 average

Unhinder the Jinder woof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

They also use toilets

Yes I saw NXT season 3

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ratings out and this Raw did worse than the one taped from London. 2.66 average

Unhinder the Jinder woof

Jinder's not on Raw

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

Jinder's not on Raw

hence the rating.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

put jinder on raw, as well

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

oatgan posted:

put jinder on raw, as well

Put everyone on Raw and make Smackdown the two hour Talking Smack Variety Show.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Jinder should have retired the Undertaker

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Low Desert Punk posted:

Jinder should have retired the Undertaker

He would at least have gotten a better reaction.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dias posted:

Sasha in the Banks match where your objective is to not let Sasha Banks die after she falls off a ladder trying to do something suicidal.

edit: I still like Sasha. :unsmith:

Sorry that match already exists and the objective is to knock Roman Reigns out with a briefcase

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dias posted:

I still don't know why they split the women's and the tag division. Just put each one on different shows, focus the draft on singles and NXT callups, maybe two dudes decide to move to tag or singles competition, I'unno.

Their ratings are down so far with men but steadyish with women that it'd be nuts to make the women's division brand exclusive.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Their ratings are down so far with men but steadyish with women that it'd be nuts to make the women's division brand exclusive.

Are they steady in both shows, and compared to what they were before the brand split? What about the tag divisions? From a booking perspective it feels weird to separate two very shallow divisions in half, I'm not sure if it's THE move from a business standpoint either, even if the ratings didn't budge all that much. A lot of WWE's decisions boil down to "we're not sure because every time they try to change no one commits past the adaptation stage anyway", as far as I care.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dias posted:

Are they steady in both shows, and compared to what they were before the brand split? What about the tag divisions? From a booking perspective it feels weird to separate two very shallow divisions in half, I'm not sure if it's THE move from a business standpoint either, even if the ratings didn't budge all that much. A lot of WWE's decisions boil down to "we're not sure because every time they try to change no one commits past the adaptation stage anyway", as far as I care.

Haven't seen Smackdown demos in awhile so I'm not sure. With the tag and women they should have just had one champion across too shows. The divisions are way too shallow but it'd be weird to have one be brand exclusive.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Haven't seen Smackdown demos in awhile so I'm not sure. With the tag and women they should have just had one champion across too shows. The divisions are way too shallow but it'd be weird to have one be brand exclusive.

I'd take that too, I guess. Exclusive divisions could be cool as a way to differenciate both products and maybe make people engage Smackdown AND Raw, but I suppose five hours of wrestling probably would mean people ignoring an entire division, which means reduced merch sales/house show tickets so yeah.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

hey are the new day coming back tonight?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Evil Badman posted:

I'm hoping the either brand cash-in is still a thing, despite this being a Smackdown show.

Charlotte cashing in on Lesnar :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWblqKlZFhU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

hey are the new day coming back tonight?

maybe, probably

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DAY

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just signed up for Booker T's wrestling camp next weekend

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

89 posted:

I just signed up for Booker T's wrestling camp next weekend

You're lookin' real jacked, baby.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anyway now that I'm home and not phone posting, the Observer break down of the Raw Ratings by Big Dave

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-raw-ratings-reach-another-record-low-week-236116

And yeah, the WWE is pretty much screwed next TV rights negotiation unless they heat the product up soon

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Brand split is dumb. Not enough top level talent on each roster to make it interesting. Just make Raw the show that focuses on the WWE Championship, Women's Championship, and Tag Team Championship. Make Smackdown the show that focuses on the IC and US Championship. Can even do something interesting like make the US Championship one that US wrestlers primarily vie for and IC primarily for international talent (even add the flag of the title holder to it).

If you're combining the brands you could also probably create a Women's Tag belt too.

The brand split sucks because the belts mean absolutely nothing now.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Just wanted to say I really like clonfroggio. OK bye.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
clonfroggio was always bad

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Shane spent literally years in China on an errand to bring PPV there as an untapped market.

Now WWE has put the belt on Mahal based off facebook likes originating in India of an Asian untapped market.

There is zero Jinder merchandise.

This is an amazing thing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I still can't believe that in TYOOL 2017 Jinder loving Mahal is WWE Champion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fenrir posted:

That is #1 full-time wrestler in the world Jinder Mahal to you.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fenrir posted:

You mispelled tooL

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I eagerly await Jinder getting the 1 year epic reign to out do Okada and prove he is the #1 worker in the world

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't think of a better way of building Nak to the SDL audience than by making him play face-in-peril :waycool:

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I always found it odd that there's a compulsion to have one of each "tier" of belt on each show. I mean, if you want to make them important, have one of each. Split the brands. If your show doesn't have a belt, then your goal is to go get it from the other brand. You can still have your stories, petty squabbles, intermingled with this.

I'm sure there are flaws in this idea. And obviously this is easier said and done, and really underlines (to me, anyway) that the main problem is bad (or inconsistent) writing. It just seems like, you'd at least have some fall-back motivation for a character if you found yourself in a lull or unsure what to do with a given worker.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey 205 Live was worth watching this week.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So Bate/Dunne have one of the best WWE matches of the year by not working a WWE style so what do we get on 205 live with Tozawa? A WWE style street fight :sigh:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So Bate/Dunne have one of the best WWE matches of the year by not working a WWE style so what do we get on 205 live with Tozawa? A WWE style street fight :sigh:

It was a very good one, by far the best either have had since the CWC

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/NinjaPotts/status/867169721938038784

Eli Wiggum posted:

Wonder what the sideplates will be. My guess is the logo on his trunks

Bard Maddox posted:

JINDER MAHAL, written in Comic Sans

SO close

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SO close
[/quote]

lol but I was hoping for a mandala or something cool.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

lol but I was hoping for a mandala or something cool.
[/quote]

Looks like he has a logo that isn't rear end:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/867177275719958528
https://mobile.twitter.com/WWE/status/867183073368055808

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jinder is loving awful.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is this worse than when The Shiek bought the NWA Championship?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jinder is loving awful.

Jinder is the new face of the brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

His Punjabi celebration eh?

I'm sure the casual fans in Opelika, AL are going nuts for that one.

• Locked thread